What if...???

Started by BigE_23, March 23, 2017, 09:56:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudgepork

What if Jerry Eckwood had an injury free career

What if Cedric Cobbs never got hurt.

What if Hogs could have cloned 3 Dan Hamptons and 3 Bill Ray Smiths every 2 yrs

logic

What if we had win or hadn't played LSU in the 1995 Cotton bowl.  We would have been consensuses national champions.

HighcountryHog

I literally still have bad dreams about three games. Stoernover, Reggie Fish SECCG, and 2009 Screw Job by Marc Curles against Florida.  I was at all three of those games, and they all haunt me to this day.
no bumps, no fat chicks

goodguytex

March 26, 2017, 05:01:24 am #53 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:56:20 am by goodguytex
Quote from: logic on March 25, 2017, 07:52:48 pm
What if we had win or hadn't played LSU in the 1995 Cotton bowl.  We would have been consensuses national champions.
1995 cotton bowl?? We didn't even play in a bowl game that year. Ford was HC, we were coming off a kind of bad season.

LZH

Quote from: goodguytex on March 26, 2017, 05:01:24 am
1995 cotton bowl?? We didn't even play in a bowl game that year. Ford was HC, we were coming off a kind of bad season.

I bet he meant to type 1965 Cotton Bowl...

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: goodguytex on March 26, 2017, 05:01:24 am

Played North Carolina in the Carquest Bowl after getting smoked by Florida in the SEC championship game.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/bowl-history/

goodguytex

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on March 26, 2017, 06:40:08 am
Played North Carolina in the Carquest Bowl after getting smoked by Florida in the SEC championship game.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/bowl-history/
But the cotton bowl, which he said we played in, is always after the new year, always has been that way. Meaning it would have been played in after the 1994 season, where we won 4 games I believe.

Yes, we played in the carquest bowl. I remember the game very well, after the 1995 season.

hogcard1964

Quote from: goodguytex on March 26, 2017, 07:54:03 am
But the cotton bowl, which he said we played in, is always after the new year, always has been that way. Meaning it would have been played in after the 1994 season, where we won 4 games I believe.

Yes, we played in the carquest bowl. I remember the game very well, after the 1995 season.

Horrible lifeless game.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: goodguytex on March 26, 2017, 07:54:03 am

Correct you are.  Reading comprehension skills are diminishing as the years go by.

BigE_23

Quote from: logic on March 25, 2017, 07:52:48 pm

I think you mean 65...but yes we would have had back to back NC's.

BigE_23

Quote from: Athog on March 25, 2017, 09:43:01 am

"Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas"

You can tell it is the off season for sports.

There's always one guy who tries to be cool but looks like a fool.

Looky there, I can rhyme too!!

Fort Dweller

The copperhead never bit that dog?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Gonzo

Quote from: LZH on March 26, 2017, 05:43:19 am
I bet he meant to type 1965 Cotton Bowl...

Or maybe the 1695 one, it's hard to tell

Go Hogs!

BigE_23

LZH

Quote from: Gonzo on March 26, 2017, 10:37:38 am
Or maybe the 1695 one, it's hard to tell

Go Hogs!

That would have been against, what, Genuesse State?  WPFS!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HighcountryHog on March 25, 2017, 08:29:52 pm
I literally still have bad dreams about three games. Stoernover, Reggie Fish SECCG, and 2009 Screw Job by Marc Curles against Florida.  I was at all three of those games, and they all haunt me to this day.

You should have been in Cowboy stadium again SMU or Miami against the Canes or WMS against the shorthorns when Jesus wept...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

snoot hoggy hog

What if God hadn't moved the 1st down marker for Tebow?

JOKERHOG

Quote from: goodguytex on March 23, 2017, 11:16:01 pm
What if Dennis Johnson doesn't get hit in the kidneys and is healthy for the 2010 bama game, pounds the bama defense and the Hogs win that game?

What if Ryan Mallett doesnt get hurt during that 10 season and Arkansas goes on to beat Auburn? What if Scam gets immediately suspended by auburn, with the NCAA investigating, before Arkansas even plays them?

What if Ohio State actually did the right thing and suspended the players that cheated before Arkansas played them in the sugar bowl?

What if Joe Adams doesn't drop the pass and scores on the first play of the sugar bowl?
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

JOKERHOG

jimmy johnson hired over hatfield in 1984.  The last 33 years of razorback football would have been very different
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

plumbhog

Quote from: LRrazorback on March 24, 2017, 10:14:08 pm
What if the rules for cfb champions weren't changed in '65
What if they were changed in 64
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

Hollywood870

What if Atwater doesn't drop that INT at No.1 Miami in 1989?  siap

Hollywood870

What if Al Jefferson didn't go pro out of high school?

Inhogswetrust

What if..................we don't play what if. What's done is done.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

scorekeeper

What if Portis would have stayed until his senior season then recruited Monk and Allen.

Kingsley
Portis
Barford
Monk
Allen

Thompson
Thomas
Watkins
Hannahs
Macon

The potential of that team...
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

duck slayer

What if our kicker hadn't gotten suspended for the MSU game the night of/after the Stoerner fumble and they didn't get four quarters of field position to kick that last second field goal for the win and we got a rematch against UT in the SECCG? 

Could have earned our way back into the NCG perhaps.

I seem to remember MSU's average starting field position was on our side of the 50.

Stewhog 11

You guys are missing the obvious. What if the university doesn't make the switch from Coke to Pepsi in the Spring of 2012.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on March 28, 2017, 02:22:23 pm
You guys are missing the obvious. What if the university doesn't make the switch from Coke to Pepsi in the Spring of 2012.
I'm pretty sure that was on Petrino's mind when he wrecked his motorcycle.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hogcard1964

Here's something to ponder...

What if Long would have given Smiley one more season?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 28, 2017, 02:31:00 pm
Here's something to ponder...

What if Long would have given Smiley one more season?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

kp72204

Quote from: ICEman on March 23, 2017, 11:08:42 pm
•What if Steve Atwater intercepts that pass in the end zone in Miami?
•What if that SMU wide-out was called for a pass interference for running up the back of our defensive back?
•What if Tanner English wasn't so d@mn fast?
•What if Jarrion Lawson doesn't drag his hand in the sand?
What is Basil Shabazz would have been eligible? This is fun

hogcard1964

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 28, 2017, 02:35:47 pm

Point being, is he couldn't have done worse and we could have seen who was available in 2012.

I know Sarkasian was hired in 2014.  I don't know who else?  Wasn't Peterson hired at Washington?  Franklin at Penn St.?

Every team in every sport has those what if moments.  We have what seems to be way more than average.  Only one of these is least likely to have happened was Long keeping Smiley another year.  Even Long, as bad as he is, could see that would be a loser.

HogShat

What if... Vinny Ascolese actually played?

PorkSoda

Quote from: HogShat on March 28, 2017, 05:04:57 pm
What if... Vinny Ascolese actually played?
he would not be a legend in hogville's hive mind
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.