Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is starting to bother me. Am I the only one?

Started by 007 License To Squeal, December 05, 2007, 09:30:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbass

Quote from: chantsdemocratic on December 05, 2007, 10:16:16 am
And then there are the newbies like me that are Missouri fans interested in our upcoming opponents.  Good morning Hog fans and good luck in the Cotton Bowl.  Should be a great contest between a running power and a passing offense.
And I welcome you to Hogville. :)

Nutts and Bolts

I have quite a few posts on this board and I am about to give it up because there are too many trolls. Too many one post wonders... It is sad because I use to enjoy the info here... No more...
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

PorkButt

Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on December 05, 2007, 10:57:46 am
I have quite a few posts on this board and I am about to give it up because there are too many trolls. Too many one post wonders... It is sad because I use to enjoy the info here... No more...

Didn't you guys start somewhere?

hair of the hog

Yeah they should make sure that yo agree with everything being posted before its allowed to go on the board ;)

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 05, 2007, 09:30:30 am
I come to Hogville in an attempt to get some information about the coaching search, and I see all these new posters who seem to be doing everything possible to clog the available bandwidth.  They seem to be merely chatting about how long a thread is, etc.  Are these just Kids?

Anyone else feel like this, or am I just  being grumpy?

Go sell crazy somewhere else , we are all stocked up around here

Gas Can

Quote from: Bama Hog on December 05, 2007, 09:54:37 am
Why not make it where you have to have, say 2500??? posts before you can start a thread in MMQB.

...or be a registered member for 6 months before starting a thread in MMQB

DukeOfPork

Quote from: hSv on December 05, 2007, 09:37:00 am
We're trying to clean up the board this morning.  Last night was a trainwreck.

Good luck with that.  With 30,000 members, there is absolutely no way to keep the board organized.

Nutts and Bolts

Quote from: PorkButt on December 05, 2007, 11:01:29 am
Didn't you guys start somewhere?

I am on several boards and I must say, the others have far fewer trolls. I understand that this is the most popular board by default but I will also say that I spend ALOT more time on the others because there are far fewer idiots who hit and run... There are days I do not even come to Hogville because I know there will be 50 threads started by trolls...

Nutts and Bolts

Quote from: Gas Can on December 05, 2007, 11:05:02 am
...or be a registered member for 6 months before starting a thread in MMQB

If this were the case, then this board might become more enjoyable and visited more often...

BigDeal

Hello. I'm mostly lurk here. I read far more than I post.

You are correct about the postings ,but that is probably what is expected during this time of shaky ground for our football program after losing a coach that has been here for 10 years.

To me it says, we have a lot of fans concerned about the future of the razorbacks !

jintha

Nutts and Bolts

Quote from: BigDeal on December 05, 2007, 11:08:12 am
Hello. I'm mostly lurk here. I read far more than I post.

You are correct about the postings ,but that is probably what is expected during this time of shaky ground for our football program after losing a coach that has been here for 10 years.

To me it says, we have a lot of fans concerned about the future of the razorbacks !

BigDeal, I agree but wouldn't be much nicer to be able to come here and get credible info instead of reading what all these drive by idiots start?

casken

At one point yesterday I stopped by to see if any news was available.  After trying for over thirty minutes I was able to view thread after thread of empty promises that we could "bank on".  None of which was given legs by any prominent poster.  Just a lot of wasted space that smacked of an intentional attempt to see everyone out chasing their tail.  I'd sift through the threads when able and couldn't find a thing of substance.  I sort of made a decision to not add to the clutter no give any creedence to the threads unless the heavy hitters are chiming in on it's validity.

Somewhere in my mind I see some vindictive person or persons laughing as they decide which rabbit chase to post next.  Mmmmm?
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

corpitguy

But MY source is different!!!

Long *is* doing a good job of keeping it all quiet.

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

BigDeal

Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on December 05, 2007, 11:10:21 am
BigDeal, I agree but wouldn't be much nicer to be able to come here and get credible info instead of reading what all these drive by idiots start?

Yes it would. It is hard to determine who the credible posters are, however. For example, I consider myself one of the most credible posters on this board. Unfortunately, many times my posts end up being swept to the curb ,flushed down the drainage, and shipped out to the sewage waste land.

BigDeal

Quote from: BloodRedHog on December 05, 2007, 11:23:32 am
Ban all posters under 1,000 posts...

Not a very good idea. Keep in mind even though this site is free, the value of it increases with more traffic and membership. Who knows, the BAC may want to advertise (to help cover hogville expenses) or even acquire this site from hsv at some point.

pigmented

Don't let the newbies in - gee whiz that sounds like something Frank Broyles or the other GOBN guys would say.

Surf_Hog

December 05, 2007, 12:40:08 pm #67 Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 12:42:04 pm by Surf_Hog
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on December 05, 2007, 09:45:46 am
If you've registered here in the last 2 weeks, you should be banned.  :-\

That's a great way to run a board. Why don't you guys just dump everyone, send out invites to those people you want around, and block out the rest. Then you can have your own "exclusive" board.

Guess all us Newb's need to go find another board for Hog info.

I heard this board did quite a bit of censoring (not always a bad thing), but I didn't know it tried to run off anyone who is new to posting here.