Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This year's Nutt team could win 14 games....

Started by 007 License To Squeal, July 16, 2007, 08:23:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

if the NCAA allowed 20 regular season games......See how silly the "10 win season" hype is?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

artyhog

It is not silly.  The Hogs did win 10 games.  Some people just don't get it.  TheHogs will win at least 10 this year as well.

HOGWILD_F4I

Winning 10 games doesn't mean much, when you lose games at the end of November, through December and January.

Chief Mac

Quote from: HOGWILD_F4I on July 16, 2007, 08:40:51 am
Winning 10 games doesn't mean much, when you lose games at the end of November, through December and January.

Didn't ole' daddy Frank say "They remember what you do in November"?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

razorbass

Quote from: HOGWILD_F4I on July 16, 2007, 08:40:51 am

It Does when you play in the SEC!!!

Landonhog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on July 16, 2007, 08:23:42 am
if the NCAA allowed 20 regular season games......See how silly the "10 win season" hype is?

Thanks for clearing that up...  Go tell Darren how silly it is...  Maybe he'll care.

Anybody

Again, winning 10 out of 14 games is ONLY 71%. Very MEDIOCRE.

Flatfoot

Quote from: artyhog on July 16, 2007, 08:37:08 am
It is not silly.  The Hogs did win 10 games.  Some people just don't get it.  TheHogs will win at least 10 this year as well.

Arty,

God Love ya.  Your the eternal optimist.  I wish you well in your stay at the Nutt House. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Boar in the USA

There has never been, nor will there ever be, a "mediocre" 10-4 season when all four losses were to teams that finished in the top 5. The inability of the zealots on this board to comprehend that is astounding. It's based in blind, reflexive hatred for HDN, which in turn is rooted in an immature and borderline-Freudian infatuation with a high school coach who they feel was mistreated at the U of A.

biggiepiggie

We're better than Ohio State?  They only lost one game.

The Marmot

Quote from: Boar in the USA on July 16, 2007, 10:25:31 am
There has never been, nor will there ever be, a "mediocre" 10-4 season when all four losses were to teams that finished in the top 5. The inability of the zealots on this board to comprehend that is astounding. It's based in blind, reflexive hatred for HDN, which in turn is rooted in an immature and borderline-Freudian infatuation with a high school coach who they feel was mistreated at the U of A.

I think last season was very good. Nutt's entire tenure is completely mediocre however.

I also think you are the one with an unhealthy negative infatuation with a current Tulsa coach.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

boomo26

Who did we lose to last year.......

USC
LSU
Florida
Wisconsin

USC we got spanked, LSU very close game, Florida, almost beat them, Wisconsin should have won.

So in those three games the only game we were out played was USC.  LSU went to the Rose Bowl, what did Florida do I forget......ohhh ya won the national championship.

How many other teams would love to have our record?

I know I am going to get smited for this, good thing we have the tavern.

Boomo

artyhog

Quote from: Flatfoot on July 16, 2007, 10:12:32 am
Quote from: artyhog on July 16, 2007, 08:37:08 am

Arty,

God Love ya.  Your the eternal optimist.  I wish you well in your stay at the Nutt House. 

That I am.  And you will also see that I still have a Hog in my avatar, not another school's helmit.

1longshot

if the chips land well this could be a historic year for the program i for one could care less who the coach is the kids up there deserve out support and with their effort and determination we could be looking at a team capable of playing into national title contention its been a while since we were able to be in that position two years in a row.

TheRealDeal

I win 10 games all the time in my imaginary video game world. Its no big deal.

VoR

Quote from: 1longshot on July 16, 2007, 12:00:11 pm
if the chips land well this could be a historic year for the program i for one could care less who the coach is the kids up there deserve out support and with their effort and determination we could be looking at a team capable of playing into national title contention its been a while since we were able to be in that position two years in a row.

Hate to tell you this, but this chips landed well twice last year (Vandy and Bama), luck has a nasty way of leveling the playing field over the long haul, like the botched punt catch against Fla, but luck also favors the prepared, and for the life of me I still cannot figure out why Fish attempted to field that punt other then Sheibest being a complete moron when it comes to coaching special teams. Even in pee wee leagues you teach players not to field punts inside the 10, when in doubt either you station a player or a coach down on that end to watch it and holler in needed "Let it go, let it go".  As long as we have coached that do not require fundamentals we will always be a team of what if's and if only's.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

Cartoon Man

This years team will be lucky to win 8 games, and NUtt will call it a moral success.

stronguard

Quote from: boomo26 on July 16, 2007, 10:39:54 am
Who did we lose to last year.......

USC
LSU
Florida
Wisconsin

USC we got spanked, LSU very close game, Florida, almost beat them, Wisconsin should have won.

So in those three games the only game we were out played was USC.  LSU went to the Rose Bowl, what did Florida do I forget......ohhh ya won the national championship.

How many other teams would love to have our record?

I know I am going to get smited for this, good thing we have the tavern.

Boomo

Coaches win close games against good teams.  Which explains why we don't, lack of coaching.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

JIHawg

Why was this put in rumors.  Not complaining, just curious.