Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Right or wrong, Nutt is now a liability to the program..Anyone disagree?

Started by 007 License To Squeal, April 23, 2007, 03:27:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: I second that opinion. Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

007 License To Squeal

Bacon The Saddle Again

Hello broken record. Hello broken record.  Hello broken record.  Hello broken record.  Hello broken record.  Hello broken record...

grayhawg

geoffhog

I don't agree. If we win this year, Nutt will have support where it counts. The extremists can come back on board or find another program to bring down.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on April 23, 2007, 03:31:55 pm
Hello broken record. Hello broken record.  Hello broken record.  Hello broken record.  Hello broken record.  Hello broken record...

0 SEC Titles in 9 years
0 BCS bowls in 9 years
0 wins against Florida in 9 years
38-34 SEC record after 9 years
0 of the top 250 Rivals players signed in latest class
0 of the top 3 in-state players signed in the latest class
2-5 Bowl Record
Nutt lost a HS Player of the Year
Nutt lost one of the best new offensive coaches in the Nation.
Houston Nutt...the longest tenured Div 1 coach, at the same school, without a single BCS bowl appearance.

BigDeal

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on April 23, 2007, 03:27:28 pm
As long as Nutt remains the Program is damaged goods, IMO.

A  "Let's Bash Nutt Thread".  How original. What sparked you to come up with that idea ?

BigDeal

Thats ok. I"m now going through the process of putting every nutt-hater on this board on my "Ignore" list.

hoghearted

Can't disagree with your premise. Negative national attention, laughinstock. High caliber players transferring after only one season, accusations of subterfuge and sabotage from a former player. Recruiting in the tank, pitiful overall conference record.

Funny, the only positives I can find are DMac and Jones, but can they carry this team all by themselves, against foes other than cupcakes?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on April 23, 2007, 03:34:31 pm
Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on April 23, 2007, 03:31:55 pm

0 SEC Titles in 9 years
0 BCS bowls in 9 years
0 wins against Florida in 9 years
38-34 SEC record after 9 years
0 of the top 250 Rivals players signed in latest class
0 of the top 3 in-state players signed in the latest class
2-5 Bowl Record
Nutt lost a HS Player of the Year
Nutt lost one of the best new offensive coaches in the Nation.
Houston Nutt...the longest tenured Div 1 coach, at the same school, without a single BCS bowl appearance.

I'm starting to think it's more the needle (operator of said record) than the glorious piece of vinyl itself.

jltackel

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on April 23, 2007, 03:31:12 pm
Quote from: jltackel on April 23, 2007, 03:29:43 pm
What do you mean ?   ???

Recruiting, Donation, etc.  Nutt continues to hurt the program.

I thought tcket sales were up ,how do you call that a libility ?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: BigDeal on April 23, 2007, 03:37:24 pm

So you like censorship, do you?  You aren't tolerant of the views of other posters, huh?

Thats ok. I"m now going through the process of putting every nutt-hater on this board on my "Ignore" list.

Shocktheman

Hog-On-Fire

Quote from: geoffhog on April 23, 2007, 03:33:39 pm
I don't agree. If we win this year, Nutt will have support where it counts. The extremists can come back on board or find another program to bring down.
Lets be seriouse about this for a second. Can Nutt ever regain the popularity he once had?
After everything thats come out his image will never be the same. Right or wrong people will continue to doubt him.
Even if we win next year will he be given the credit? I know he'll take it, but will people see us as achieveing with Houston or in spite of Houston? All questions that will take time to answer.
Houston's biggest problem is that YOU may still believe in him, but do any of the big time high school recruits? We got our answer this year when after 10 wins the biggest recruits in our state left to go to other SEC schools, some that we play every year. The fact is you may still think we can win with Houston, but the rest of the country and even the state thinks we will not be able to compete in the West with Houston at the helm.