Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rafe Peavey - Future Razorback QB?

Started by whosiskid, May 21, 2012, 12:47:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whosiskid

RD posted this about Rafe Peavey, whom we just offered. 2014 prospect, nice size at 6'2, 197, but his time in the forty is 4.5. Have we had a QB that fast since Matt Jones?

His footage is great and it sounds like he is very, very interested in Arkansas. His mother attended Fayetteville, so there is a big "in" that way. But in the article his tone seems pro-Arkansas. GREAT footage. He throws very well in the pocket, very quick release, and despite his speed doesn't seem like he is a "run first" QB, though in the running plays he looks like an incredible runner. Hard to tell from a highlight reel, but it looks like they run something like a wildhog offense, only with the QB taking the option to run or throw, though there are also many plays that are clearly pocket pass plays.

I'm sure we'll only be taking only one QB in 2014 and I would love for him to be that QB. I love that his Dad says that he wants to commit early and that we have the tie with his mother. And it always helps if you are the first to offer a kid.

Richard's article:

http://recruiting.arpreps.com/2012/05/21/18663/

And the highlight reel.

"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

mmhogs17

He'll leave a Hog the next time he visits, IMO.

ThunderHawg

I must have missed the part about his mother, but his dad was a graduate coach under Crowe and has a very good relationship with Tim and Harold Horton. That is another very big "in" plus momma has 1 son 11 hours away and doesn't want him that far away also.

mhuff

May 21, 2012, 07:30:56 pm #3 Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:09:57 am by mhuff
Quote from: whosiskid on May 21, 2012, 12:47:44 pm
RD posted this about Rafe Peavey, whom we just offered. 2014 prospect, nice size at 6'2, 197, but his time in the forty is 4.5. Have we had a QB that fast since Matt Jones?

His footage is great and it sounds like he is very, very interested in Arkansas. His mother attended Fayetteville, so there is a big "in" that way. But in the article his tone seems pro-Arkansas. GREAT footage. He throws very well in the pocket, very quick release, and despite his speed doesn't seem like he is a "run first" QB, though in the running plays he looks like an incredible runner. Hard to tell from a highlight reel, but it looks like they run something like a wildhog offense, only with the QB taking the option to run or throw, though there are also many plays that are clearly pocket pass plays.

I'm sure we'll only be taking only one QB in 2014 and I would love for him to be that QB. I love that his Dad says that he wants to commit early and that we have the tie with his mother. And it always helps if you are the first to offer a kid.Richard's article:

http://recruiting.arpreps.com/2012/05/21/18663/

And the highlight reel.

Whosiskid,I don't think we were the first to offer. He has three other offers.... UCONN, OLE MISS and UCLA.

mmhogs17

whosiskid

Quote from: mhuff on May 21, 2012, 07:30:56 pm
Whosiskid,I don't thonk we were the first to offer. He has three other offers.... UCONN, OLE MISS and UCLA.

As mmhogs17s pointed out, we offered first. The others are just interested and probably will offer.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

mhuff

Yep, you're right. I reread the article and it said we were first. It's just that I had read another poster who said we just offered and he had this, this, and this offer.It sounded like we were Johnny come lately to a few programs. So RD actually says he has seven offers. So, I stand corrected. Glad to see the solid,early interest.

razorbackfan4life

CDBHawg

Quote from: mmhogs17 on May 21, 2012, 02:09:24 pm
He'll leave a Hog the next time he visits, IMO.

That would be awesome have QB locked up for the next seven years.

mmhogs17

He's like 15 years old in that video. Hope you're not expecting a Huge arm out of a 15 year old kid. That will come with coaching and age.

mhuff

Quote from: mmhogs17 on May 23, 2012, 10:30:43 pm
He's like 15 years old in that video. Hope you're not expecting a Huge arm out of a 15 year old kid. That will come with coaching and age.

rljjr

You may not see a "rocket, laser" arm yet, but what I see is a kid who was making the right reads, can work well under center as well as from the shotgun, can take off when the play breaks down or on designed runs, and has touch to put the ball where it needs to be. I thought it was one of the better QB highlight tapes because it appears to me he is very "coachable." He did most of the little things from what I can tell as far as I can tell. He also had a 70% completion rate, a 20-5 TD/INT Ratio and a 3.75 GPA ... along with having MO's highest QB Rating. Not too shabby for a Sophomore who will only get better.

Oklahawg

Quote from: rljjr on May 24, 2012, 07:55:28 am
You may not see a "rocket, laser" arm yet, but what I see is a kid who was making the right reads, can work well under center as well as from the shotgun, can take off when the play breaks down or on designed runs, and has touch to put the ball where it needs to be. I thought it was one of the better QB highlight tapes because it appears to me he is very "coachable." He did most of the little things from what I can tell as far as I can tell. He also had a 70% completion rate, a 20-5 TD/INT Ratio and a 3.75 GPA ... along with having MO's highest QB Rating. Not too shabby for a Sophomore who will only get better.

Gosh, that's not bad. Short of Joe Montana discovering he has a few years of eligibility left...nope, we'd beef about that as well.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Kids who overthrow consistently as 15-year olds often do not have an arm left in college. Baseball or football.

Let him develop and see what happens a year from now.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

mhuff

Quote from: rljjr on May 24, 2012, 07:55:28 am

hogwild210

I find it interesting that people are lining up to criticize the person doubting the kid's arm strength, but nobody has been able to provide a time frame on the video where he exhibits that arm strength. I haven't watched the video so I have no idea, but it seems to be that it should be pretty easy to provide what he is asking for, or at least provide information on why he is wrong in that the kid lacks arm strength.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

HogPhilosophy

Isn't the Charelston kid in the same class, who is suppose to be nationally recruited this time next year? And if I remember correctly we are going to only take 1 qb in that class. So who do we take?

mmhogs17

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on May 24, 2012, 03:12:59 pm
Isn't the Charelston kid in the same class, who is suppose to be nationally recruited this time next year? And if I remember correctly we are going to only take 1 qb in that class. So who do we take?

Ty Storey is 2015

Oklahawg

Y'know, its not that hard. Use the PM feature to beef with one another. We're not going to have a young recruit drug through the mud by stupid posts.

I erred on the side of purge, so if I offend with the effort I apologize.

Wahls

May 24, 2012, 05:39:23 pm #19 Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 05:55:16 pm by Wahls
I didn't drag the kid through the mud. Go back and read what I said. I also I said he was a great athlete?

Ask one question to clarify something and everyone assumes that I was dogging him.

Quote from: Jon (Oklahawg) T on May 24, 2012, 11:06:33 am
Kids who overthrow consistently as 15-year olds often do not have an arm left in college. Baseball or football.

Let him develop and see what happens a year from now.

Fair point.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Wahls on May 24, 2012, 05:39:23 pm
I didn't drag the kid through the mud. Go back and read what I said. I also I said he was a great athlete?

Ask one question to clarify something and everyone assumes that I was dogging him.

We have a pretty good policy around here that tends to get ignored too often: don't question a recruit and their worthiness of an offer by UA. Recruits read the board, blah blah blah.

Some posters can trod pretty heavily on a teenager's ego and not realize it.

Its cleansed and I bet we can talk the recruitment of Rafe Peavey without it being distracted.