Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2024 Ky Derby

Started by ghostzapper, April 28, 2024, 09:42:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostzapper

oldman1015

Who runs first? I like Pletcher's horse right now. He made me a lot of money the last time he ran singled in a pick 5.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

HawgWild

Torqued pork

Louisville forecast shows a good chance for rain Saturday.

hit_that_line

I was all over Honor Marie early but now it's a wise guy horse.

Just A Touch is dangerous. Just Steel is a must include.

ghostzapper

Quote from: Torqued pork on April 29, 2024, 09:51:04 amLouisville forecast shows a good chance for rain Saturday.

That would be unfortunate.  Hate sloppy Derbies

Torqued pork

April 29, 2024, 07:05:38 pm #6 Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 07:23:33 pm by Torqued pork
Quote from: ghostzapper on April 29, 2024, 05:45:39 pmThat would be unfortunate.  Hate sloppy Derbies
The rain is mostly for Friday in the PM and Saturday morning. If it comes maybe the main track will have some time to dry. The turf races might have to be moved to dirt, though. Either way it will be a fantastic card. I can hardly wait. One of my favorite days of the year for sports.

Torqued pork

Quote from: oldman1015 on April 29, 2024, 08:38:59 amWho runs first? I like Pletcher's horse right now. He made me a lot of money the last time he ran singled in a pick 5.
I'm having a really tough time coming up with a horse that beats Fierceness. I've given Resilience a serious look for a longshot bet, but I don't think he has enough early speed to get a good a position in the first turn from his post. I can't see him overcoming a wide trip.

sooiepig_12

I think the two Gargan horses are very interesting underneath.  The one has speed and closers to his outside and the 20 is a deep closer and ran well in the Wood might pick up the pieces a la Rich Strike.

jbcarol

Jockeys thrown from horse at Churchill Downs

Hospitalized ahead of Kentucky Derby

By Charlie De Biase Jr. |

QuoteA pair of jockeys suffered serious injuries when they were thrown from their respective horses during the second race at Churchill Downs on Thursday, according to a report in the Louisville Courier Journal.

The Kentucky Derby, the first leg of horse racing's triple crown, will take place Saturday during the 12th of 14 races schedule at Churchill.

On Thursday, the jockeys who were both hospitalized after they went flying onto the dirt track as they approached the far turn during a 1 1/16-mile maiden, 10-horse claim race. Jockeys Irving Moncada and Emmanuel Giles both needed to be taken to a nearby hospital via ambulance following the incident.

Moncada, who was mounted on Territoriality, was found unconscious, according to his agent, Joe Paulley. However, he regained consciousness approximately two hours later and eventually released from the hospital later Thursday.

Giles, meanwhile, was also taken to a hospital for observation and his agent, Nancy Bahena, said he suffered injuries to his spine and shoulders before undergoing X-rays and further testing.

It's unknown what caused the jockeys to fall. However, jockey Martin Chuan, who was riding Valerie Blue, was disqualified from the race, apparently for playing a role in the spill.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jdelo77

In my opinion Fierceness either wins impressively or finishes mid pack ! O honestly have no clue . He is on his third race off a layoff after firing a huge number in the Florida derby, if he can build off that performance he could be sitting on a monster race !

Sierra Leone , catching freedom and honor Marie all have the same idea ! I loved Sierra Leone but I've cooled on him honestly ! Honor Marie would be my choice here

Can Japan do it ? If so forever young will have to run a monster !!

Then we have a few horses who scare me at huge odds ! Just steel and endlessly are two longshots I might have to use ..