Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dallas Keuchel starting pitcher in all star game

Started by HogFan99, July 13, 2015, 11:17:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFan99

I was glad to hear an Arkansas grad is going to start in the all star game but who was the last former razorback to start the all star game as a pitcher and when?

SPAL

Cliff Lee in 2008 unless he has started since then.

Wisco Pig

I'm glad it worked out for Keuchel to start.   He pitched Saturday, which complicated matters a bit for Ned Yost; the handling of other teams' pitchers can be tricky for All-Star managers. 

For example, All-Star pitcher Chris Sale threw 115 pitches Saturday for the White Sox, and Yost had to call Sox manager Robin Ventura to make sure it was OK for Sale to pitch at all tonight.  "I want him to pitch for us for the rest of the year too," Ventura said.  Yost said he strongly considered Tampa Bay's Chris Archer for the start, primarily because Archer hasn't pitched since Wednesday.

Given that Keuchel is on short rest, I'd be very surprised if he pitches past the first inning tonight.

Razorback7281

Quote from: Wisco Pig on July 14, 2015, 09:09:08 am
I'm glad it worked out for Keuchel to start.   He pitched Saturday, which complicated matters a bit for Ned Yost; the handling of other teams' pitchers can be tricky for All-Star managers. 

For example, All-Star pitcher Chris Sale threw 115 pitches Saturday for the White Sox, and Yost had to call Sox manager Robin Ventura to make sure it was OK for Sale to pitch at all tonight.  "I want him to pitch for us for the rest of the year too," Ventura said.  Yost said he strongly considered Tampa Bay's Chris Archer for the start, primarily because Archer hasn't pitched since Wednesday.

Given that Keuchel is on short rest, I'd be very surprised if he pitches past the first inning tonight.
This is reason number 290,340 why having an exhibition determine home field in the World Series is silly.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

PorcineSublime

July 14, 2015, 07:31:48 pm #4 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:16:10 pm by PorcineSublime
Congrats to DK. I remember when he was a freshman and more often than not he took his hard knocks out there, he had poor control and no out pitch. My how far he has come. WPS Dallas!

Edit: Didn't do too bad. Scoreless first, allowed a run i the second due to an extra base error.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

NEA_HogFan

Anyone else hear Harold Reynolds say "Look at Harpers "kicks", I wonder if Dallas Keuchel likes them, he was an apparel design major at Arkansas."

Piggage

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on July 14, 2015, 08:17:04 pm
Anyone else hear Harold Reynolds say "Look at Harpers "kicks", I wonder if Dallas Keuchel likes them, he was an apparel design major at Arkansas."

At least they clearly mentioned Arkansas one time. They spent more time talking about apparel design and the fact that he is from Tulsa and still lives there.