Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benintendi in the minors...plus game links

Started by JHicks3636, July 03, 2015, 05:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

July 03, 2015, 05:19:34 pm Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:40:36 pm by JHicks3636
Will play centerfield and bat 3rd for the Lowell Spinners. Game time is 6:05 central.
Gamecast
http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t558. After you go to the site, just click the Game Day link.

When the game starts, I think you can listen via this link. Presently it is playing some pretty good oldies music.
http://tunein.com/player/station/248755/?partnerId=pe6Zjasg&utm_source=MiLB&utm_medium=PopupLink&utm_content=PopupLink&utm_campaign=Lowell_Spinners

JHicks3636

In his first pro at-bat, Benintendi Ks looking on a 1-2 pitch.

JHicks3636

After grounding out in his 2nd at bat, Benintendi gets a hit on an infield single to shortstop deflected by the pitcher for his first pro hit. Only the 3rd hit for Lowell tonight in a scoreless game so far. Put Benintendi at .333 presently in his young career. He was then caught trying to steal 2nd.

JHicks3636

Lowell went to the 9th trailing 1-0 after Connecticut scored a run in the 8th on a wild pitch(they only have 2 hits). With 1 out in the 9th and a runner on 1st, Benintendi singled to center for his 2nd hit of the game. He later came around to score what is for now the go ahead run. Game goes to the bottom of the 9th with Lowell up 2-1. Benintendi is the only player with 2 hits on the night so far.

Lowell wins 2-1 to make Benintendi a winner in his first pro game. Don't forget to bookmark the above links to keep following Benintendi as long as he remains at Lowell.

howie76

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JHicks3636

July 04, 2015, 06:46:29 pm #7 Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:38:42 pm by JHicks3636
In his second game against Tri-City, Benintendi goes deep in the 3rd inning with 1 on for his first pro homer and first 2 rbis as a pro. He also singled in the 8th. He then stole 2nd for his 1st pro stolen base. He finished 2-4 and again was the only Lowell player with 2 hits in the game. Wernes plays for the other team and went 1-3 plus a walk hitting out of the 8th spot. In the 4th, he did move a runner from 2nd to 3rd on a groundout to the right side. It put the runner in a position to score on a wild pitch for Tri-City's first run. He was pinch-hit for in the 9th. Lowell held on for a 6-5 win after having taken an early 6-0 lead. Strange game in that Benintendi only had 4 at bats out of the 3rd slot while all Tri-City players had 5 at bats. Caused by Tri-City receiving 10 walks from Lowell pitching. No one walked for Lowell. Tri-City left 13 on base to 2 for Lowell.

Recap from team website
http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150704&content_id=134761050&fext=.jsp&vkey=recap&sid=t558

JHicks3636

July 05, 2015, 09:45:00 am #8 Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:56:40 pm by JHicks3636
Sunday's game between Lowell at Tri-City is underway and features Benintendi and Wernes  . I will make no post after 7pm tonight until the expiration of the blackout at 7pm Monday. Use the above Game cast link in the first post of this thread if game has not ended by 7. Benintendi struck out on a full count in his first at bat, flew out in the 3rd, and singled in the 6th. In the 7th, he flew out to left on the 1st pitch with the bases loaded. He walked in the 10th. He is 1-4 in the game. Wernes singled in his first at bat and later scored. He struck out the 2nd time up, lined to short in the 6th and flew out in the 9th as he is also 1-4 in the game. Tri-City and Lowell tied 4-4, bottom 10 . My last update due to the Day of Silence starting. Use the link indicated if you need the final. Sorry but I am sure you understand.

JHicks3636

Last night's game ended 6-5 for Tri-City. The game went 14 innings so far passed our 7pm curfew. AB ended up 1-5 with 2 walks.

JHicks3636

July 06, 2015, 07:33:01 pm #10 Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:47:45 pm by JHicks3636
In tonight's game, Tri-City beats Lowell 7-4. AB was 0-3 with a walk. Wernes was 2-2 with 2 walks.

TebowHater

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 05, 2015, 09:59:03 am
Click here for a direct link to Benintendi's stats.

And here is Bobby Wernes's....never in a million years would have thought BW would be out hitting AB, but they're both above .300 in this incredibly small sample size so WPS

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=665069#/career/R/hitting/2015/ALL

bulldog04

Quote from: TebowHater on July 07, 2015, 09:37:15 pm
And here is Bobby Wernes's....never in a million years would have thought BW would be out hitting AB, but they're both above .300 in this incredibly small sample size so WPS

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=665069#/career/R/hitting/2015/ALL
I thought Wernes should've been more aggressive with the bat while he was here.  It seemed like he was always behind in the count and in survival mode.

flippinhogmana

Wernes is now hitting .393 and andrew is only hitting .250 after going hitless his last two games (wernes went five for six over the last two games).
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

TebowHater

Quote from: flippinhogmana on July 09, 2015, 04:53:24 pm
Wernes is now hitting .393 and andrew is only hitting .250 after going hitless his last two games (wernes went five for six over the last two games).

Question: is it likely that in all 11 of his hits BW hasn't managed one double? Or is it that stats are not kept to a great degree of detail besides hits and HR?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: TebowHater on July 10, 2015, 01:06:41 pm
Question: is it likely that in all 11 of his hits BW hasn't managed one double? Or is it that stats are not kept to a great degree of detail besides hits and HR?

I just followed the links.  It does show just 3rbi and no extra base hits, I would imagine that Wernes is just going with the pitches right now and getting singles (taking what they are giving him).  Beni still has the better power numbers with his one bomb, but only two rbis (not including last nights games if any on either). 

Wernes obp is higher also partially because he has seven bb to beni's four.  Beni is now hitless in three straight games, but did pick up an rbi last night to even him up with Wernes at three.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

RazorPiggie

flippinhogmana

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 12, 2015, 12:02:25 pm
Wernes on a tear.

Wernes now up nearly to .500 (.457 after he went 3 for 5 last night).  He has four doubles and now four rbis but he also has seven runs scored.  He obp is about a hundred points higher, so yes, he is on a tear about like he was for us when the year started.

Andrew is hitting an even two hundred.  He is oh for his last twelve (hitless in last four games).

JHicks3636

For the second game in a row, Benintendi did not play. I can't find anything on why not. Maybe just a rest, but seems strange at this level.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on July 13, 2015, 07:57:52 am
For the second game in a row, Benintendi did not play. I can't find anything on why not. Maybe just a rest, but seems strange at this level.
He is in Cincinnati. He was at the Futures game yesterday.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tucsonhogfan

Don't know if you guys saw it or not, but AB hit his 2nd homer tonight.  ;D

flippinhogmana

Quote from: tucsonhogfan on July 19, 2015, 11:53:22 pm
Don't know if you guys saw it or not, but AB hit his 2nd homer tonight.  ;D

now third in tonights game..he is also being reported on in former hogs in pros thread..

flippinhogmana

since none of the three in short season played yesterday, and two hadnt played in like a week, I was beginning to think short season was over, but then Spoon and Beni played last night as I reported on earlier in another thread.

flippinhogmana

August 14, 2015, 04:30:25 pm #25 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:46:00 pm by flippinhogmana
nice article on Andrew's progress in the university online site

I am not entirely sure how links get tangled sometimes....Have you ever followed a link that had an entirely different article at the end than what the link said?  That apparently happened here.  The link was supposed to be the one that was subsequently posted.  As long as the info is there is all that counts in the end.

http://nesn.com/2015/08/andrew-benintendi-already-turning-heads-in-boston-red-sox-organization/

JHicks3636

Benintendi goes 2-3 tonight and ups average to .293.

k.c.hawg

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

JHicks3636

August 17, 2015, 09:52:35 pm #28 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:07:52 pm by JHicks3636
Another article from the Greenville Drive website.
http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150817&content_id=143684760&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t428&sid=t428

I thought it was interesting that he was last week's winner of League Player of the Week.

Benintendi is started his first game for Greenville tonight. Batting clean-up he went 0-4 with 2 walks in a game Greenville won in 13th innings.

RazorPiggie

Spoon also got promoted over the weekend to the Lowell Spinners where Benny was. He's working out at catcher.

RazorPiggie

JHicks3636

Benny goes 3-4 tonight, adds a walk, scores 2, 1 rbi. Early on he is averaging .400 at Greenville.

flippinhogmana

Zach Cox was two for four with New Orleans (AAA PCL to which he was also recently promoted to join his other team mates) in what appears to be his final game this year.  He is with the MIAMI organization it appears and not on the 40 man roster so it is unlikely he gets called up.

Dominic Ficocello finished with a one for three day and three rbis (a based loaded double) for the Erie Seawolves.  He is with the Detroit organization, not on the 40 man roster and Erie is not close to the playoffs.