Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kennedy Winston Declares for NBA Draft

Started by wincrimson, March 24, 2005, 09:15:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wincrimson

Kennedy Winston Plans to Declare for 2005 NBA Draft
Thursday, March 24, 2005

Kennedy Winston

TUSCALOOSA – Kennedy Winston, the University of Alabama junior forward who led the Southeastern Conference in scoring in 2005, has decided to declare for the 2005 NBA draft.

Winston, who is in good academic standing and on track to graduate next year, will withdraw from his spring semester classes.

"I've decided to put my name in the draft," said the 6-foot-6, 230 pound Prichard native. "Playing in the NBA has been my dream, and I feel like this is the best time for me to go ahead and pursue that dream and try and make that jump.

"Playing basketball at Alabama has been a special experience, and there are people and memories I will take with me and look back on fondly. I'm proud of what we've accomplished and will continue to be proud of this program and Alabama for the rest of my life."

Winston was a 1st team All-Southeastern Conference selection in 2005 by both the Associated Press and the SEC Coaches and Honorable Mention AP All-America. He holds Alabama's school record with his six SEC Player of the Week awards, including three this past season. He averaged 17.9 points and 5.4 rebounds a game in 2005 and ranks 20th all-time in career scoring at Alabama with 1,325 points for a career scoring average of 16.2 points a game in his three seasons.

"Ken and I have discussed this a number of times, and he feels this is something he wants to do at this time," said Alabama coach Mark Gottfried. "Kennedy has been a great asset in our program and a young man who we have enjoyed and been proud to have here at Alabama. We will support him 100 percent as he pursues his career."

At this time, Winston has no plans to retain an agent.

http://www.rolltide.com/Mens%20Basketball/12371.asp