Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cbb to get year 6

Started by Kevin, October 23, 2017, 12:13:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

they will use the injuries excuse to get him another year imo
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hoglady

All teams have injuries.
We sucked just as bad with AA and Ragnow playing as we are going to suck without them.
The running back excuse doesn't fly either / we aren't losing games because of the RB position.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jst01

Ha! No way, but you're entitled to it

Kevin

Quote from: hoglady on October 23, 2017, 12:16:57 pm
All teams have injuries.
We sucked just as bad with AA and Ragnow playing as we are going to suck without them.
The running back excuse doesn't fly either / we aren't losing games because of the RB position.

I agree. I think this is what happens
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ipigsooie

I would have agreed earlier in the season when it was just a bunch of folks on hv asking for his head. Now the monster has grown into a problem with national awareness. JL doesnt want all of the negative attention on our program anymore than we do. I think his hand is going to be forced.

In my honest opinion i think they work a deal out that is mutual. CBB gets a gig like kstate, we get a little less on the buyout, and everyone walks away happy.  Just my opinion.

Sundog

Quote from: Kevin on October 23, 2017, 12:13:53 pm

Year 6 was always going to happen. This is just an added twist to justify what was always the case. 

cj_sez

The lack of preparation for the season, the lack of in-game adjustments, the lack of coaching all precede the injuries. No excuses!!! Fire Bielema.

hogcard1964

No, the wheels were in the ditch prior to the injuries.

Wildhog

I just don't see any way he returns. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogcard1964

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 12:29:30 pm

+1000

I'm sure he also wants out.

go hogues

We're just past the point of no return, imo. He's lost the fans at this point and he'll get two or three more beatdowns this season alone.

I think it will be impossible to salvage any kind of offseason momentum for next season at this point and recruits won't want to come play for a lame duck coach.

The real concern is what spot does Arkansas fall in the pecking order of major programs looking to hire head coaches next month?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

AirWarren

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 12:30:11 pm
+1000

I'm sure he also wants out.

I agree. I imagine it's tough hearing the crowd boo you. As you wait to come out. I'm sure it is horrible to feel all of your squad looking at you as the crowd boos you.

I'm sure his wife is sick of all the attacks her husband is subject to. And I'm sure it pisses her off to hear the boos as she sits In the box.

Fans are sick of it. Rightfully so.

It appears the team is sick of it too.

I think it's time to divorce and move on.

Pigsknuckles

Sounds almost like giving him a medical redshirt.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hogcard1964

Quote from: go hogues on October 23, 2017, 12:33:37 pm
We're just past the point of no return, imo. He's lost the fans at this point and he'll get two or three more beatdowns this season alone.

I think it will be impossible to salvage any kind of offseason momentum for next season at this point and recruits won't want to come play for a lame duck coach.

The real concern is what spot does Arkansas fall in the pecking order of major programs dumping their head coaches next month?

He's definitely killing what little recruiting we had going.  I think Scout just had us listed as 11 overall in the SEC last week.  I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up near Ole Miss in recruiting rankings now.  They were dead last in the SEC.

What would be best for the program is if he would leave now and give the next intern a chance to recruit a bit.

Athog

Quote from: ipigsooie on October 23, 2017, 12:24:41 pm
I would have agreed earlier in the season when it was just a bunch of folks on hv asking for his head. Now the monster has grown into a problem with national awareness. JL doesnt want all of the negative attention on our program anymore than we do. I think his hand is going to be forced.

In my honest opinion i think they work a deal out that is mutual. CBB gets a gig like kstate, we get a little less on the buyout, and everyone walks away happy.  Just my opinion.

Yeah Hogville has no impact because of no credibility but nationally gaining some steam with every loss!

sickboy

SDZ_Hog

The Boar War

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 12:36:36 pm
What would be best for the program is if he would leave now and give the next intern a chance to recruit a bit.

No coach on this staff needs to be given a chance to win the job.

SemperHawg

I'm not saying this happens, but I guarantee you that is the narrative that will be pushed to try and get him that 6 year... You are already starting to hear/see it from different places now.

Darren DeLoach

There is simply no way at this point. Publicly, Long may give kudos to coach's clean operation and graduation rates. And if he gave him a 6th year, they would revisit those points and the unfortunate injury bug. But even IF they gave BB the 6th year, it is without a doubt massive assistant coaching changes would be enforced from above. Which creates the rub, what decent coach would ever step in under a probable lame duck coach. The recruiting losses over that time span would be astronomical. EVEN IF B.B. stays AND manages to win 9 games, the programs already fragile talent base would be even worse. Keeping him is program suicide.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Dwight_K_Shrute

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for BB or Long to use injuries as a reason to get a 6th year, but....

I think a more likely scenario is when BB is sh** canned he uses it as a reason why he just couldn't get over the hump here so that he can sell himself to another program.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pig in the Pokey

Quit your Lying. Lol.

Have you ever been somewhere you werent wanted? How uncomfortable it feels ; who STAYS there? He gone, even if he wasnt shoved out, he gone.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogman64

to late for injuries to help  he will be fired.  to many people that matter clearly against keeping him.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 23, 2017, 12:59:06 pm
Quit your Lying. Lol.

Have you ever been somewhere you werent wanted? How uncomfortable it feels ; who STAYS there? He gone, even if he wasnt shoved out, he gone.
[/quote

Jenn, is that you?

DeltaBoy

I want the BOT to Fire Long and Coach.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

Quote from: The Boar War on October 23, 2017, 12:48:15 pm
No coach on this staff needs to be given a chance to win the job.

I wouldn't have a problem with Enos taking over for the last 5 games. If it works out positively, I'd be all up for giving Enos a two year deal as HC.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 23, 2017, 01:04:22 pm
Too late. Long acquiesced when given the ultimatum.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The Boar War

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 01:04:53 pm
I wouldn't have a problem with Enos taking over for the last 5 games. If it works out positively, I'd be all up for giving Enos a two year deal as HC.

That's what I'm afraid of.  Not the winning of course.  I would hate to see a spark that catches fire against the weak part of our schedule used as a reason to give someone a job they are completely unqualified for.

PygmalionEffect2

Quotethey will use the injuries excuse to get him another year imo

haha

no

He might get another year (doubtful) but that won't be mentioned as the excuse.  The team that will beat us this week just lost their 5 star QB.  All teams lose players.  Bama lost 2 starting LBers if I remember correctly before they played us.

If we keep him with the 2018 schedule being the easiest it could possibly be in our league, I would actually dread the possibility of an 8-4 type regular season, just enough to save his job for a seventh year.  About to vomit in my mouth thinking about it.

Did we ever decide what his actual buyout is?  $15M or $5M, he needs to be gone.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteNo coach on this staff needs to be given a chance to win the job.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

hogcard1964

Quote from: The Boar War on October 23, 2017, 01:08:38 pm
That's what I'm afraid of.  Not the winning of course.  I would hate to see a spark that catches fire against the weak part of our schedule used as a reason to give someone a job they are completely unqualified for.

Why isn't Enos qualified?

HoggyCat

The said this sarcastically in the Ragnow thread.

But think logically if you can. The only injury when this season fell apart (TCU, yes, that early) was RW3.  The rest are fairly recent for games we weren't going to win anydamnway.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

The Boar War

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 01:14:24 pm
Why isn't Enos qualified?

He was a 26-36 head coach at CMU.  Our offense is ranked somewhere in the 90's.  He can't help figure out the o line problems.  There are others but I honestly want to know:  How is Enos qualified?

HawgTide

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 23, 2017, 12:58:18 pm
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for BB or Long to use injuries as a reason to get a 6th year, but....

I think a more likely scenario is when BB is sh** canned he uses it as a reason why he just couldn't get over the hump here so that he can sell himself to another program.

I could see that happening. He leaves and has a built in excuse with all the injuries. Whether it's true or not, CBB can use it to save face on his way to a new gig.

FATHAWG08

I can't see him wanting to stay. He will be fired or he will resign. There is no way he can make it to next season. After the season if he stays it is fixing to get brutally ugly.
I love off season Football!!

JaketheSnake

It won't be CBB using injuries... the PTB will make their own decision based on if they really think the injuries made much of a difference (or if they had already decided to give him another year regardless)

But losing these guys def makes a massive difference to our team:
RW3
Ragnow
Pulley
Cornelius
Bell
Hayden
Who am I missing?

hogman64

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 23, 2017, 01:44:00 pm
It won’t be CBB using injuries... the PTB will make their own decision based on if they really think the injuries made much of a difference (or if they had already decided to give him another year regardless)

But losing these guys def makes a massive difference to our team:
RW3
Ragnow
Pulley
Cornelius
Bell
Hayden
Who am I missing?

Didn't all those guys play against MO and V Tech., except  Hayden?  If Bell didn't, wasn't because he wasn't  available.  you  can throw in Allen too.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hogman64 on October 23, 2017, 02:15:57 pm
Didn't all those guys play against MO and V Tech., except  Hayden?  If Bell didn't, wasn't because he wasn't  available.  you  can throw in Allen too.
Not sure.  We are are discussing this season. 

HiggiePiggy

I don't see it happening unless he finds a way to get into a bowl game.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hog of steele

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 23, 2017, 06:16:42 pm
I don't see it happening unless he finds a way to get into a bowl game.

Agreed. Maybe even 5 wins. But if we get blown out again this weekend, I do t see what could save him.

hog.goblin

I've been saying it takes 4 wins for Long to bring him back.  That might not longer hold true.  And I can't see him getting to 5.

PorkSoda

I agree, its over.

I was holding out hope, he might get things turned around after we finish with murders row, but who am I fooling.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Rudy Baylor

swineology

Breaking news from Deltaboy

;D

Jimbob111

Quote from: Sundog on October 23, 2017, 12:28:39 pm
Year 6 was always going to happen. This is just an added twist to justify what was always the case.

No, year 6 was NOT always going to happen. Both statewide AND national news and talk sports outlets universally say BB should not return, both talking heads and callers. The awareness of the suckage on this scale has taken the decision out of Long's hands. BB is done, all that's not known is when. JL's radio silence speaks volumes. One of the most visible ADs in recent years has become the invisible man.  Why do you think that is?
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

texas tush hog

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on October 23, 2017, 01:25:38 pm
I can't see him wanting to stay. He will be fired or he will resign. There is no way he can make it to next season. After the season if he stays it is fixing to get brutally ugly.

Resigning would be a $5.9 million dollar mistake.

Danny J

It was very telling to me during today's presser when CBB mentioned Ragnow "wants to help his team mates and help me also"...CBB and likely most of the players know he is on his last leg

Sundog

Quote from: Jimbob111 on October 23, 2017, 06:28:06 pm
No, year 6 was NOT always going to happen. Both statewide AND national news and talk sports outlets universally say BB should not return, both talking heads and callers. The awareness of the suckage on this scale has taken the decision out of Long's hands. BB is done, all that's not known is when. JL's radio silence speaks volumes. One of the most visible ADs in recent years has become the invisible man.  Why do you think that is?

Listen, I hope you're right. I really do.  However, In Sept. Long publicly announced his 100% continued support for Bert.  Since you are speculating, allow me to speculate.  For all we know Long has given Bert his word that he has another year.  Maybe the BoT has as well.  What I know is that Long's reputation is of paramount importance to him.  Not what you, I or the average knuckle-dragging hogvillian wants; but his peers and constituents nationally think.  Long will do what makes HIM look best based on HIS world.  Granted, Bert has indeed so severely shyte the bed beyond even the depths of pitifullness a reasonable person looks at that PERHAPS, just PERHAPS the fire Bert card (at season's end) might be in LONG'S best interests.

Boardon Hamsay

I want the BOT to extend Long and Fire Coach.

Agreed. Good post.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.