Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Samford Attendance Challenge: Sell out the bud for first game?

Started by Arazorbackguy1, October 22, 2017, 07:48:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

Why don't we start the season off with a sellout for the first game?   We know it's tough to make all of the games, but can you imagine if the freshmen see what it can be like and support them from game 1?

The campaign starts now!  Sellout Samford!!!!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

BannerMountainMan

Not if it's on a weekday lol, it's pretty much impossible but that would be great
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

chanhog1996

Absolutely agree. I have no idea why "fans" bash MA and our basketball program. Last season was actually something to be proud of and future is obviously bright.

azhog10

HossHog

Quote from: chanhog1996 on October 22, 2017, 08:03:57 pm
Absolutely agree. I have no idea why "fans" bash MA and our basketball program. Last season was actually something to be proud of and future is obviously bright.
it was something to be proud of the last 13 games. After the home Vanderbilt game 90% of the state wanted CMA fired. But we caught fire at the right time.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HossHog on October 22, 2017, 09:55:27 pm
it was something to be proud of the last 13 games. After the home Vanderbilt game 90% of the state wanted CMA fired. But we caught fire at the right time.
to be fair games like that happen, we leave a lot of 3's open because we help to much and it ends up leaving someone wide open and a team like Vandy shoots the ball so well that they made everything that night.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HossHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 22, 2017, 10:02:51 pm
to be fair games like that happen, we leave a lot of 3's open because we help to much and it ends up leaving someone wide open and a team like Vandy shoots the ball so well that they made everything that night.
I do understand what you are saying, but 2 of the 3 games before the Vandy game we lost. Lost @ Missouri, and Lost @OK State by 28. Again none of this really matters however because we finished great, my point is, everyone was already conducting their own coaching search on here after that Vandy game.

cardsNhogs

The crowds have been very small in these early non-conference match ups for several years now. I would expect no more than 6-8 k. If we get 10-12 k for that Samford game then that would be great!

The_Iceman

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: cardsNhogs on October 23, 2017, 08:43:53 am
The crowds have been very small in these early non-conference match ups for several years now. I would expect no more than 6-8 k. If we get 10-12 k for that Samford game then that would be great!

There has been more pre-season hype than I can recall in years.  Samford won't sell out, but I bet there's a legit crowd there. 

Big Nasty 34

I assume we'll be fighting the high school football playoffs. Hope it's a solid crowd nonetheless.

razorhead94

Better chance for bigger crowd that Sunday against Bucknell at 5:00pm
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

HotlantaHog

HardingHog

Quote from: razorhead94 on October 24, 2017, 09:51:35 am
Better chance for bigger crowd that Sunday against Bucknell at 5:00pm

Agreed. I hope our fans come out strong against Samford, but we'll probably need a loud homecourt advantage against Bucknell. They'll be a solid opponent, especially for game 2 of the season

Lady Razorback

draftkings33

40MINSOFHELL

I'm back just in time for basketball season and I'll be there of course!