Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TaxSlayer Bowl Vs. Iowa?

Started by bkjbearcat, June 05, 2017, 01:17:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bkjbearcat

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Sed76

Still almost 3 months until the first game is played, those expert predictions will change at least 2 dozen times.

PorkSoda

lol, might be a tad early to be predicting bowl match ups.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

island hog

If you scroll down a little to the next  article, there's another discussing a possible graduate transfer to the Hogs from USCe.  Interesting.. 

hogcard1964

That would suck.  I do not want to play another Big 10 team. 

...ever

Hawgar The Horrible

That bowl would suggest the Hogs will win 8 regular season games considering the distance to Jacksonville. The fan base is not going to travel with fewer wins.

Waaaay too early for projections, but I'm sure many here will be puking shortly over the mere thought of CBB winning more than six.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: island hog on June 05, 2017, 03:07:57 pm
If you scroll down a little to the next  article, there's another discussing a possible graduate transfer to the Hogs from USCe.  Interesting..

Don't like the way he's carrying the ball in that photo.

Wildhog

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on June 05, 2017, 03:38:25 pm
Don't like the way he's carrying the ball in that photo.

He's kinda lumbering, too. 

Would provide some depth, though.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Wildhog on June 05, 2017, 03:49:43 pm
He's kinda lumbering, too. 

Would provide some depth, though.

Lumbering in a still photo. Brilliant.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on June 05, 2017, 03:57:45 pm
Lumbering in a still photo. Brilliant.
definitely looks slow from the photo.  doesn't seem to have much wiggle either
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: PorkSoda on June 05, 2017, 04:14:13 pm
definitely looks slow from the photo.  doesn't seem to have much wiggle either

Print it out and wave it in the air. Nobody ever touches him. He's got skills.

GuvHog

Quote from: Sed76 on June 05, 2017, 02:28:57 pm
Still almost 3 months until the first game is played, those expert predictions will change at least 2 dozen times.

Hopefully for the better, not worse.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on June 05, 2017, 03:28:20 pm
That bowl would suggest the Hogs will win 8 regular season games considering the distance to Jacksonville. The fan base is not going to travel with fewer wins.

Waaaay too early for projections, but I'm sure many here will be puking shortly over the mere thought of CBB winning more than six.

8 wins in regular season would mean going 4-0 in non conference play and going 4-4 in SEC play. I wouldn't complain if that happened.

hogcard1964

Quote from: GuvHog on June 05, 2017, 04:49:58 pm
8 wins in regular season would mean going 4-0 in non conference play and going 4-4 in SEC play. I wouldn't complain if that happened.

I think going 4-0 OOC is almost a lock.  Going 4-4 within the SEC is a real push.

HawginFL1991

I wouldn't mind it...I live in Jacksonville, FL.  ;D :razorback:

LZH

Quote from: HawginFL1991 on June 06, 2017, 07:54:55 am
I wouldn't mind it...I live in Jacksonville, FL.  ;D :razorback:

I don't know what ya'll put in the water up there, but I see some mighty pretty gals around the Town Center.....

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 06, 2017, 07:37:17 am
I think going 4-0 OOC is almost a lock.  Going 4-4 within the SEC is a real push.

Nah, I don't think going 4-4 in the SEC is a push for the Hogs. I have them going at least 5-3 in SEC play with wins over A&M, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss State, and Missouri. The Auburn game is winnable (the Hogs usually play well against Auburn in Fayetteville) but I'm calling it a toss up.

hogcard1964

Quote from: GuvHog on June 06, 2017, 09:43:47 am
Nah, I don't think going 4-4 in the SEC is a push for the Hogs. I have them going at least 5-3 in SEC play with wins over A&M, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss State, and Missouri. The Auburn game is winnable (the Hogs usually play well against Auburn in Fayetteville) but I'm calling it a toss up.

I have to mark A & M as a loss and believe it or not Missouri.  Until we show we can beat these teams on a regular basis, I have little faith.

I think we go 4-0 OOC and 3-5 in the SEC.

LZH

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 06, 2017, 10:07:55 am
I have to mark A & M as a loss and believe it or not Missouri.  Until we show we can beat these teams on a regular basis, I have little faith.

You're being generous regarding the TCU game. I think we should win 8-9, too....but have long since given up on trying to figure this bunch out.

goodguytex

Quote from: LZH on June 06, 2017, 10:13:26 am
You're being generous regarding the TCU game. I think we should win 8-9, too....but have long since given up on trying to figure this bunch out.
I'm actually feeling better about the Aggie and Mizzou games than I am TCU. I'd put TCU as solid winnable but close.

Aggie and Mizzou we should win. Same goes for ole piss, and mistake. Bama we lose, LSU, tossup, auburn, tossup, south Carolina should be a good win.

GuvHog

Quote from: goodguytex on June 06, 2017, 10:34:23 am
I'm actually feeling better about the Aggie and Mizzou games than I am TCU. I'd put TCU as solid winnable but close.

Aggie and Mizzou we should win. Same goes for ole piss, and mistake. Bama we lose, LSU, tossup, auburn, tossup, south Carolina should be a good win.

TCU hasn't been the same since their all everything DC (who played college football at Arkansas) hung it up and retired a couple of years ago and this one is being played in DWRRS. I have the Hogs getting the win by 10 to 17 points.

hogcard1964

Quote from: LZH on June 06, 2017, 10:13:26 am

TCU isn't expected to be very good again.

LZH

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 06, 2017, 10:45:21 am

Welp if that's the case, then I'm wrong. I thought they were expecting to push for a 10-win season. Still....

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 06, 2017, 10:07:55 am

So, not beating a team on a regular basis makes them an automatic loss for you? You take a team we split with normally, and that's an automatic loss for you :) Seems rational.

gchamblee

Quote from: LZH on June 06, 2017, 11:18:56 am
Welp if that's the case, then I'm wrong. I thought they were expecting to push for a 10-win season. Still....

Hogtards logic is, if we beat them they aren't very good. If they beat us and are not bama, we should have beat them because they aren't very good and we just got out coached.

LZH

Quote from: gchamblee on June 06, 2017, 11:29:13 am
if we beat them they aren't very good. If they beat us and are not bama, we should have beat them because they aren't very good and we just got out coached.

Sounds about right to me......

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on June 06, 2017, 11:29:13 am
Hogtards logic is, if we beat them they aren't very good. If they beat us and are not bama, we should have beat them because they aren't very good and we just got out coached.

Are you claiming we haven't lost to any truly bad teams over the past 4 years?

...and do you believe TCU was actually "good" last season?

Hogwild

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 06, 2017, 10:45:21 am

Doesn't Vegas have them as a touchdown favorite over us?

Wildhog

Quote from: Hogwild on June 06, 2017, 11:47:35 am
Doesn't Vegas have them as a touchdown favorite over us?

Well, that doesn't mean they're good.  :)
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 06, 2017, 11:39:26 am
Are you claiming we haven't lost to any truly bad teams over the past 4 years?

...and do you believe TCU was actually "good" last season?

Truly bad? Missouri last year is the only one that comes to mind. Next worse loss was TTech in 2015. Those losses pitted our defense against a 1st round QB in one and the best offense in the SEC in the other. Cant win those with a bad defense. I can point to more good wins than bad losses. As for your "Truly Bad" teams we have lost to I would love to see your list. If you use 2013 in your data I will ignore your response since freshmen cant be expected to win many games.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on June 06, 2017, 12:31:32 pm
Truly bad? Missouri last year is the only one that comes to mind. Next worse loss was TTech in 2015. Those losses pitted our defense against a 1st round QB in one and the best offense in the SEC in the other. Cant win those with a bad defense. I can point to more good wins than bad losses. As for your "Truly Bad" teams we have lost to I would love to see your list. If you use 2013 in your data I will ignore your response since freshmen cant be expected to win many games.

Missouri was truly awful last year.  The rest can be debated.  That can't.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on June 06, 2017, 12:35:56 pm
Missouri was truly awful last year.  The rest can be debated.  That can't.

Thank you for validating my pick as the only truly bad loss we have suffered in the last 3 years. However, our defense sucked and they had the best offense in the SEc, so it isn't hard to see why we lost that game.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on June 06, 2017, 12:45:20 pm
Thank you for validating my pick as the only truly bad loss we have suffered in the last 3 years. However, our defense sucked and they had the best offense in the SEc, so it isn't hard to see why we lost that game.

They didn't have the best offense in the SEC. 

And Toledo was certainly a bad loss.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

Didn't Toledo have a good record, though?

Wildhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 06, 2017, 12:57:38 pm
Didn't Toledo have a good record, though?

Sure.  Matt Campbell's a good coach.

They were also out-talented at every position on the field.
1909/1964/1965/1977

daprospecta

I broke down the schedule with a buddy of mine during the NBA finals commercials on Sunday.  As much as it pains me to say it,  we may struggle to make a bowl game this year.  This is me being purely objective.  Sure, there are 3 games that we "could" win but I'm going off of past history. If I were an analyst, 5 wins and 6 wins tops. The die hard hog fan in me says 8. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 06, 2017, 12:58:27 pm
Sure.  Matt Campbell's a good coach.

They were also out-talented at every position on the field.
I was about to mention Toledo about four posts up, FWIW.

Wildhog

Quote from: daprospecta on June 06, 2017, 12:59:44 pm
I broke down the schedule with a buddy of mine during the NBA finals commercials on Sunday.  As much as it pains me to say it,  we may struggle to make a bowl game this year.  This is me being purely objective.  Sure, there are 3 games that we "could" win but I'm going off of past history. If I were an analyst, 5 wins and 6 wins tops. The die hard hog fan in me says 8. 

Ah, I think they'll get to 7. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogwild

Quote from: gchamblee on June 06, 2017, 12:45:20 pm

That Texas Tech lost at home was a bad loss. 
Tech lost to six teams that year, after scoring just 24 points against them Tech would allow 118 points the next two games in two home games. They would also give up 63 to OU, 70 to OK State, and LSU 56 points.

LRHawg

Tech's gimmick offense and QB exposed our defense, but then also provided the tape necessary to stop them. Same thing happens to us against A&M as well. We need all the spread teams to hit the schedule at the end of the year.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Surfing8 on June 06, 2017, 01:13:24 pm
He just needs more time.

That's definitely not a 10 win bowl game. We have so far to go after 5 years.

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on June 06, 2017, 12:50:19 pm
They didn't have the best offense in the SEC. 

And Toledo was certainly a bad loss.

No, the loss to 10-2 Toledo was an embarrassment to you personally, but it wasn't a loss to a "truly bad" team. It was simply a loss that we normally wouldn't experience. Toledo was not a "truly bad" team at 10-2. I was responding to hogtards question regarding us losing to "truly bad" teams.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hogwild on June 06, 2017, 01:30:07 pm
That Texas Tech lost at home was a bad loss. 
Tech lost to six teams that year, after scoring just 24 points against them Tech would allow 118 points the next two games in two home games. They would also give up 63 to OU, 70 to OK State, and LSU 56 points.

Which is why I mentioned them. They weren't a "truly bad" team, they had a 1st round QB, but they certainly weren't anything better than mediocre.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: gchamblee on June 06, 2017, 04:58:08 pm
No, the loss to 10-2 Toledo was an embarrassment to you personally, but it wasn't a loss to a "truly bad" team. It was simply a loss that we normally wouldn't experience. Toledo was not a "truly bad" team at 10-2. I was responding to hogtards question regarding us losing to "truly bad" teams.

Bad loss. It doesn't matter how you slice it up. It was a bad loss period. This is the SEC!!!

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on June 06, 2017, 04:58:08 pm

Didn't say they were a truly bad team.  But when you literally have more talent than them at every position on the field, and you lose, that's a bad loss.
1909/1964/1965/1977

EastArkHog 47

So that would be considered a good Bowl, playing Iowa in the Taxslayer Bowl, why don't we just play Arkansas State in Memphis, be about the same.
I mean hell, if you gonna aim low, get down there.

hogcard1964

Quote from: EastArkHog 47 on June 07, 2017, 07:34:12 am
So that would be considered a good Bowl, playing Iowa in the Taxslayer Bowl, why don't we just play Arkansas State in Memphis, be about the same.

That is actually a pretty good bowl.  That's the old Gator Bowl.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: EastArkHog 47 on June 07, 2017, 07:34:12 am

It's a prediction of what the national media thinks the Hogs will go. I said in the start of the thread, I rather it be a New Years Day bowl. In fact when he was hired I though BB would of had us in a BCS/New Years bowl now.

So yes I rather it be the Outback Bowl or the Peach Bowl.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 07, 2017, 07:38:57 am
That is actually a pretty good bowl.  That's the old Gator Bowl.

Yep, that's a mid-level bowl so the Hogs would have to win at least 8 games in regular season play to get there. If CBB achieves that, it would be his first 8 win regular season at Arkansas.