Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally tried the mexican food truck out by Lake Fayetteville this evening....

Started by Boarcephus, December 23, 2015, 06:32:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

and it was darned good!  Taqueria Leo's is the name of it and will go back.  I had one of the Tortas that had all meats and an egg and loved it.  Think it was $9 but I was stuffed.  Can't wait to go back and try something else.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 23, 2015, 07:40:45 pm
...might want to follow up on this and let us know how you are feeling in the morning so we can get a complete picture! 

Seriously - I've had a few Mexican meals that were good in the PM and not your friend by the AM. 

Disclaimer: I have not eaten at this food truck so these comments should not be construed as commentary -in any fashion- about the previously mentioned food truck.

Seriously though - glad to hear you enjoyed your meal Boarcephus.  I'm always on the lookout for good places to eat!

Whew, made it through the night!   Must say what you said caught my attention and I thought about more than once after I went to bed.  ;)   I think the next time we go out we'll try the Chinese one next to it.  Just something neat about the food trucks.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boog41

Can't tell you how many times I've driven by that place and have never pulled in. I will give it a try soon though.

You guys had me a little worried with the talk about not feeling good the next morning. I couldn't decide if you meant not feeling well as in need to go throw up, or not feeling well as in what you do today may burn your a$$ tomorrow.

nationwish

Quote from: Boog41 on December 24, 2015, 09:40:45 am
Can't tell you how many times I've driven by that place and have never pulled in. I will give it a try soon though.

You guys had me a little worried with the talk about not feeling good the next morning. I couldn't decide if you meant not feeling well as in need to go throw up, or not feeling well as in what you do today may burn your a$$ tomorrow.

If it helps, food trucks are probably inspected more often than traditional restaurants. We have a lot of them in Tulsa now, and many offer foods that you won't find other places. Some can be expensive for what you're getting, and some are cheaper than usual, so it's really about finding what works for you. If you want good, real Mexican food rather than Tex-Mex, you've got to try El Ranchero, I believe, on 41st next to the Wyndham Hotel.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boog41 on December 24, 2015, 09:40:45 am

I liked the place.  The torta's were $6 each but I got the one with everything and it was $9.  Deb got the tacos and they were $2 each and good but not worth $2 IMO.  Small but a typical real Mexican taco and not what you get at Taco Bueno.  I asked them what the sold the most of since I'd never been there before and they recommended the burritos and the thing I ordered and wasn't steered wrong.  As I said, I'll got back and the folks who were there were very nice and polite.

HawgWild

The Arkansas Times did a review of the various Mexican food truck in LR few years back. I tried most of them and all of them were pretty good. My favorite was Alicia's Tacqueria in the Sam's parking lot off Bowman.

DeltaBoy

Good food trucks are better today than 15-20 years ago. Glad you found a good one Boar.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.