Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BR's Baked Beans

Started by BR, December 09, 2015, 04:55:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

The start of 50lb's of BR's Baked Beans. Cooking for a benefit for the YWCA tomorrow night..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BR

BR's World Famous Baked Beans
These are the BEST. BBQ, BAKED, BEANS, EVER. I'm not one to use the word "best" casually; I only use it when I really mean it. I would be shocked if I ever had baked beans that I liked more than these. You don't need any other recipe, this is it...

2ea: Aluminum Pans (10 x 12 Half Steam Table size)
1ea: #10 Can 117 oz. Baked Beans
1ea: 32oz Jar of Paces Thick & Chunky Salsa
2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 Cups Head Country BBQ Sauce (Will not taste the same without it, Ask my daughters)
2 Medium Size Red Onions Diced Fine
1ea: Red, Yellow, Orange, Sweet Bell Pepper diced fine
1 Tablespoon Plowboy's Yardbird Rub (LOVE this stuff)
At least a handful of Smoked meat: Brisket, Pulled Pork, Brats or Bacon all work awesome.

Mix all ingredients together than Split in to the 2 pans.

MUST be cooked in Smoker for at least 4 hours at 220-230, I always put it under meat I cook for the drippings to help infuse the flavor of the beans. The slow cooking just makes everything Pop...

Must have the smoke flavor or they aren't my beans. TRUST me in this. I have made them this way for ever, no need to add anything.

Cannot guarantee anything if cooked in a stove or any other Method... These are some of the best you will ever eat. If they aren't , you screwed up in the cooking process.

Too Make Spicy Version: Add 2 cans Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, reduce BBQ sauce to 1 Cup... Make sure you dice the peppers up fine...

PharmacistHog

Looks great. I hate onions ( unless they are fried or griddled) and bell peppers, though, so I'll have to let you know how they turn out without those.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

michaels

I;m thinkeing about thos bean's

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

PorkRinds

DeltaBoy

Yum Yum those beans look great.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

wilyhawg

Thanks, I've been looking for a go to baked bean recipe. I've been a carport griller/smoker for years but was never confident in doing baked beans although I love them. You are so right on about Plowboy's Yardbird Rub. I use it on almost everything.

BR

Every ounce of them was consumed along with 100lbs of Pulled Pork and 40 pounds of Garlic/Cheesy Potatoes..

PharmacistHog

I didnt really use your recipe, other than for inspiration. I used pork and beans, black beans, and kidney beans with head country sauce, little ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, hot sauce, and strawberrys rub ( left the plowboys at the camp). Also added a pack of cooked bacon and a pound of breakfast sausage. Came out pretty good.

PorkRinds

I use pork and beans, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, molasses, butt rub, and worchestereshire sauce. Then I'll mix in some bacon, and if I have any I'll throw in some pulled pork chopped up.  Smoke them for a few hours or until I'm ready to take everything else off. 

DeltaBoy

Great ideas  Ours we use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce , one Yellow onion, Yellow , Red and Green vel pepper , 2 pounds of pintos soaked or navy beans, then a pound of Fat back or bacon fryed and chopped.  Chop those veggies up and cook in bacon grease, Add beans and the rest to a pan and out to the grill for 4 hours with pecan smoke.   Check and add water as needed if they get too thick
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.