Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs

Started by BR, March 11, 2011, 11:12:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Working on some quotes and paperwork from the office today... Going to fire up the smoker and make some Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs.. 2 types, one a Spicy Caribbean Jerk. The other soaked in Italian Dressing. Might throw some bacon wrapped meatballs on there also. Got a conference next week at the Lake, so might cook some Pulled Pork for my Hospitality Room

Will Post Photos later...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

cosmodrum

My favorite marinade to make is jerk. It has everything: sweet, savory, heat. Great on every protein.

Go away, batin'

BR

Going to fire up the smoker and make some Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs.. 2 types, one a Spicy Caribbean Jerk. The other soaked in Italian Dressing. With some Baked Beans put some big ole chunks of pulled pork in them and some Slaw..

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

old hog

blacksuit

Chicken thighs are awesome, and so cheap too. Doesn't matter how you cook them, they have tons of flavor.

Shag66

Looks great BR!

Still liking the smoker?

BR

Love the smoker Brother. It is just to easy too use...

BR

It is a Masterbuilt MES 40.. Got it at Sams Club..

SteveInArk

Bet that smoky bacon grease dripping into beans made them wonderful!  Mouth is watering looking at the pix!  Yum.  ;D
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

TomasPistola

That smoker your using Joe, any problems with the burner? I keep reading about all kinds of burner issues. Really interested in one, or one like it but reviews are scaring me off a bit.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Filthy_McSwine

Quote from: TomasPistola on April 09, 2011, 12:19:29 am
That smoker your using Joe, any problems with the burner? I keep reading about all kinds of burner issues. Really interested in one, or one like it but reviews are scaring me off a bit.

I had a Masterbuilt for a couple of years...no problems.  The problem is the wiring to the burner which is fairly easy to fix (or so I've read on the electric smoker forum).  I wouldn't let that scare me away from getting one. 

HogCard

Hey JP, on the smoker, how does it do with chicken?  I read a lot of reviews that said since the temp only goes to 275 it doesn't do chicken well.  I would love to get one of these.

TomasPistola

Quote from: HogCard on April 11, 2011, 10:50:17 am
Hey JP, on the smoker, how does it do with chicken?  I read a lot of reviews that said since the temp only goes to 275 it doesn't do chicken well.  I would love to get one of these.

+1 I meant to ask about that too.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

BR

Chicken is great... No Problems so far, the thighs were awesome.

HogCard

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on April 11, 2011, 02:37:24 pm
Chicken is great... No Problems so far, the thighs were awesome.

Thanks dude, they looked awesome.  Have you tried whole chickens yet?  I think I should have been clearer on my first question.  It seems that is where the issue is with this model.

How easy is it to clean?

BR

Made these Friday night.. Smoker is still kicking ass...

cosmodrum

Gonna make some thighs soon, too. Might stuff em if I wrap em. Probably indirect grill setup with apple wood smoke.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Making some bacon wrapped thighs tonight for the All Star game in KC. Marinated overnight in pineapple, soy, sriracha, black pepper, garlic and onion powder, little bit of rice wine vinegar, and a touch of five spice. Might glaze them at the end with Thai sweet chile sauce.
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 10, 2012, 02:30:27 pm
Making some bacon wrapped thighs tonight for the All Star game in KC. Marinated overnight in pineapple, soy, sriracha, black pepper, garlic and onion powder, little bit of rice wine vinegar, and a touch of five spice. Might glaze them at the end with Thai sweet chile sauce.

That sounds awesome.  I'm crashing your party.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Quote from: Wildhog on July 10, 2012, 02:33:43 pm
That sounds awesome.  I'm crashing your party.

Come on wid it, homey.
Go away, batin'

BR

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 10, 2012, 02:30:27 pm
These sound really good..

DeltaBoy

cosmodrum

Didnt end up glazing them, but turned out great. I'll post a pic later or tomorrow.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Smoked the chicken thighs with apple wood via the indirect method. The thighs were done at this point - this shows veggies over the fire in a grill skillet.

Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 11, 2012, 11:40:38 am
Smoked the chicken thighs with apple wood via the indirect method. The thighs were done at this point - this shows veggies over the fire in a grill skillet.

Saw this last night.

You had plenty for me and tab, too.   Dick.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Quote from: Wildhog on July 11, 2012, 12:07:08 pm
Saw this last night.

You had plenty for me and tab, too.   Dick.

I literally just got through licking my fingers from the two that were left over.
Go away, batin'

TomasPistola

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 11, 2012, 11:40:38 am

Chargriller Duo?
How long did the Thighs take to cook?
You were right.
You did a great job.

cosmodrum

Quote from: TomasPistola on July 11, 2012, 12:26:55 pm
Chargriller Duo?
How long did the Thighs take to cook?

Yeah, its the duo. Not sure on the time, about 45 minutes I think. When they looked done I probed them with a thermometer to check doneness.
Go away, batin'

Slacker

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 11, 2012, 12:41:59 pm
Yeah, its the duo. Not sure on the time, about 45 minutes I think. When they looked done I probed them with a thermometer to check doneness.

You sick bastard.

BR

Time to cook some of these again...

DeltaBoy

Slacker

old hog

Hey BR, I know you have posted it before, but can't find it. Whats the recipe for the Spicy Caribbean Jerk again?  Would appreciate it.

BR

Quote from: old hog on February 08, 2014, 01:28:45 pm
Hey BR, I know you have posted it before, but can't find it. Whats the recipe for the Spicy Caribbean Jerk again?  Would appreciate it.
Making some Jerk Pork Loins today.......

Ingredients
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
3 medium scallions, chopped
1 or 2 Scotch bonnet chiles, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon five-spice powder
1 tablespoon allspice berries, coarsely ground
1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 orange juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

In a food processor, combine the onion, scallions, chiles, garlic, five-spice powder, allspice, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and salt; process to a coarse paste. With the machine on, add the the soy sauce, orange juice and oil in a steady stream. Pour the marinade into a large, shallow dish, add the chicken or pork and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

DeltaBoy

rickm1976

Thighs and breasts are four of my favorite things.