Thursday night football

Started by Hawghiggs, October 19, 2017, 06:06:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawghiggs

Who you watching ?

Memphis vs. Houston or Arkansas state vs ULL

ricepig

Marshfieldhog

Watching possible future coach in Norvell.

rhames

I'm watching spider man homecoming.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

onebadrubi

Nosboar Accubond

PonderinHog

Nosboar Accubond

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 19, 2017, 06:06:05 pm
Who you watching ?

Memphis vs. Houston or Arkansas state vs ULL
I'll take a stab that either one or both will be far more entertaining than what we'll see on the field this Saturday in Fayetteville.

Hogwild

If given the choice between a NFL game and College game I would take college game if a decent matchup.  Seems the quality of games on Thursday nights have gone down the past few years.

Nosboar Accubond

Red alert.... State hits 2 PATs in a row...

HawgTide

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on October 19, 2017, 06:10:32 pm

Yep. Don't care much about the other game

menace_hawg3

I'm warming up to Mike Norvell being our next head coach. He has a multiple offense and defense. Seems like a guy who will get the most out of the talent we currently have. Very interesting.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hawgdavis

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

factchecker

Memphis and Houston.

The AAC is good football.

The sunbelt not so much.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on October 19, 2017, 06:10:32 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the following occurred.

Tennessee   Mike Norvell
Ole Miss   Lane Kiffin or Les Miles
Louisville  (new A.D. will probably want to clean out the garbage in the cesspool)   Jeff Brohm
Memphis   Blake Anderson
Arkansas State   Rhett Lashlee
Carroll College   Robert Petrino

East Clintwood

ASU

They're the best team in the state at the moment.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

GoHogs1091

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 19, 2017, 07:23:21 pm
ASU

ASU plays too inconsistent football.

Probably the best team in the state at the moment (#6 in the nation).

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/stats-fcs-top-25

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

PorkRinds

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 19, 2017, 07:23:21 pm
ASU

We'd beat their ass.

Bigmac2

Recorded DWTS. Wife has the remote.

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Hogball

Wonder why ASU has lights that are twice as bright as DWR Razorback Stadium?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hogball on October 19, 2017, 07:34:42 pm
High crime area.

factchecker

Quote from: Hogball on October 19, 2017, 07:34:42 pm

Smaller stadium - lights are closer to the ground.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I dont have espnu plus I dont really care to watch the dead wolves
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hogball

I guess Alabama has a small stadium and thats why their lights are bright !

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Terrible no call for offensive pass interference in the kc Oakland  game.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

factchecker

Quote from: Hogball on October 19, 2017, 07:40:21 pm
I guess Alabama has a small stadium and thats why their lights are bright !

Are you comparing Alabama's stadium to jonesboro state's?

I'm not sure whose stadium is brighter.  I really don't care.

If Alabama's stadium is bright then it's because they have a ton of money..... I guess.

If jonesboro state's is bright then it's because they have a small stadium because they don't have money.  They operate primarily on tax money and forced student fees.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogball

Take  a deep breath and try not to always demand the U o A is perfect.  The lights and the turf are 2nd class!

lakecityhog

"Carroll College   Robert Petrino"

Probably the single most stupid post that I have ever read!

Tenner or Auburn would snap him up in a heartbeat.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 19, 2017, 07:52:22 pm
"Carroll College   Robert Petrino"

Probably the single most stupid post that I have ever read!

Tenner or Auburn would snap him up in a heartbeat.

Why would Auburn hire him?

They did a phone interview with Robert Petrino before they hired Malzahn, and Auburn scoffed at Petrino during the phone interview.

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 07:45:56 pm
Are you comparing Alabama's stadium to jonesboro state's?

I'm not sure whose stadium is brighter.  I really don't care.

If Alabama's stadium is bright then it's because they have a ton of money..... I guess.

If jonesboro state's is bright then it's because they have a small stadium because they don't have money.  They operate primarily on tax money and forced student fees.

Lol, they've had to rent lights for years in order to have a game on TV, I think they finally put up some new lights last year.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 19, 2017, 07:55:43 pm
Why would Auburn hire him?

They did a phone interview with Robert Petrino before they hired Malzahn, and Auburn scoffed at Petrino during the phone interview.

Of course they did Guv......

lakecityhog

I suppose that you were listening on the line?? You my friend are FOS!!!!!

factchecker

Quote from: Hogball on October 19, 2017, 07:50:10 pm
Take  a deep breath and try not to always demand the U o A is perfect.  The lights and the turf are 2nd class!

I don't think The University of Arkansas or the Razorbacks are perfect.  I think our football record proves that we are far from perfect.

I do appreciate the fact that our athletic program makes a profit and refuses to steal from their students or rely or tax money.

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2017, 07:56:46 pm
Lol, they've had to rent lights for years in order to have a game on TV, I think they finally put up some new lights last year.

BUT we are the one's with 2nd class turf and lights. Nice to see our tax money and jonesboro state's student fees are helping them advance into modern day technology.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GoHogs1091

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 19, 2017, 07:59:11 pm
I suppose that you were listening on the line?? You my friend are FOS!!!!!

"Auburn's search committee agreed to speak to Petrino on the phone, but the call was more of an interrogation than a job interview as the committee questioned Petrino's decisions, personal life and the circumstances surrounding his ouster at Arkansas, sources told AL.com. Petrino tried to explain himself, focusing on the future rather than the past. He was apologetic. He attempted to tell them he had learned from his ways and even offered to bring his wife to meet the committee in person at no cost to Auburn.

The committee had zero interest. Petrino hung up the phone knowing he had no shot at the job."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/the_job_bobby_petrino_could_not_have.html

lakecityhog

Doesn't one of your Venables dolls, excuse me, action figures need its hair combed???

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 08:01:55 pm
I don't think The University of Arkansas or the Razorbacks are perfect.  I think our football record proves that we are far from perfect.

I do appreciate the fact that our athletic program makes a profit and refuses to steal from their students or rely or tax money.

BUT we are the one's with 2nd class turf and lights. Nice to see our tax money and jonesboro state's student fees are helping them advance into modern day technology.

Due to poor drainage, they got new turf after torrential rain in Jonesboro in 2015, their insurance paid for it. We get new turf next summer.

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2017, 08:09:06 pm
We get new turf next summer.

Somebody caught that during the presentation at WMS.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 08:10:16 pm
Somebody caught that during the presentation at WMS.

People have been crying about our font in the end zones not matching the changes we made a few years ago, they told those who would listen that it would be changed when we got new turf in 2018.

RebHog

Flippin between chiefs/raiders and thunder/knicks

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2017, 08:12:23 pm
People have been crying about our font in the end zones not matching the changes we made a few years ago, they told those who would listen that it would be changed when we got new turf in 2018.

I've wondered what it would be like to have real grass back in the stadium but maintenance probably would be too tough.

The SEZ pratically stays in the shade 24/7.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogball

You guys have no ability to accept that we have a 2nd class stadium>  just ask the TCU fans who came in September.  its all about Jeffl Long and his salary and his punk assistant AD's !!  Just wait !!

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on October 19, 2017, 08:16:19 pm
I've wondered what it would be like to have real grass back in the stadium but maintenance probably would be too tough.

The SEZ pratically stays in the shade 24/7.

Mike Irwin and the university's grass turf guy say no problem, but BP wanted turf, so we switched.

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2017, 08:20:04 pm
Mike Irwin and the university's grass turf guy say no problem, but BP wanted turf, so we switched.

I wonder what the maintenance fees of grass are compared to installing and up-keeping turf.

Baum Stadium is amazing partly due to the beautiful grass.  It would be awesome if we could have something similar at Razorback Stadium.

QuoteThe Man Behind Baum Field: UA Groundskeeper Wins National Award For Mowing Design

http://www.freeweekly.com/2016/03/24/the-man-behind-baum-field-ua-groundskeeper-wins-national-award-for-mowing-design/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogball on October 19, 2017, 08:18:28 pm
You guys have no ability to accept that we have a 2nd class stadium>  just ask the TCU fans who came in September.  its all about Jeffl Long and his salary and his punk assistant AD's !!  Just wait !!

This is what you call ate up with it.

longpig

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 19, 2017, 07:08:34 pm
yep

Pro ball doesn't get any better than Raiders vs Chiefs and this one may be one of the best.
Don't be scared, be smart.