Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Have we not offered Doakes?

Started by cardsNhogs, October 19, 2017, 08:41:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cardsNhogs

?? Just picked up Florida offer so what are we waiting on with this kid?

Kevin McPherson

Arkansas coaches have a plan for each kid they recruit, they know what they are doing, and if/when Gerald gets a Hog offer the timing will be right. Arkansas likes his game, I can assure you of that.

Richard Davenport

Mike likes to offer kids on campus with the family there too. I suspect you'll see Gerald visiting in the near future.

Hogberry Snortcake

Tag team replies.  Nice. 

Good to know. 

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on October 19, 2017, 11:05:07 am
Tag team replies.  Nice. 

Good to know. 

That said, like always Arkansas likes to make sure everything is in order before offering an in-state kid.

That's obviously that way in football and basketball. 

draftkings33

Kevin McPherson

October 19, 2017, 05:05:09 pm #6 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:17:56 pm by Kevin McPherson
Here's the deal on Gerald Doakes: Per his coaches at Jacksonville Lighthouse and Wings Elite, who both okay'ed me to release this info to avoid unecessary rumors, Gerald is not eligible to play this season due to "transfer rules". He transferred to NLR, then went back to JLH after the transfer deadline. I've been sitting on this info for awhile because I make it a habit not to break or comment on academic or medical circumstances, but in this case I was getting asked a lot on twitter and elsewhere so I suggested to the coaches that they get out in front of this instead of rumors circulating after it is obvious he's not playing. JLH begins its season tomorrow against ESTEM.

Pumbaa

October 19, 2017, 05:26:02 pm #7 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:30:45 pm by Kevin McPherson
What exactly is Lighthouse? I haven't ever heard of it until recently.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Pumbaa on October 19, 2017, 05:26:02 pm
What exactly is Lighthouse? I haven't ever heard of it until recently.

Charter school in Jacksonville. Also, I meant to hit "quote" to respond, instead of "modify" ... I didn't change any of your post.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 19, 2017, 05:05:09 pm
Here's the deal on Gerald Doakes: Per his coaches at Jacksonville Lighthouse and Wings Elite, who both okay'ed me to release this info to avoid unecessary rumors, Gerald is not eligible to play this season due to "transfer rules". He transferred to NLR, then went back to JLH after the transfer deadline. I've been sitting on this info for awhile because I make it a habit not to break or comment on academic or medical circumstances, but in this case I was getting asked a lot on twitter and elsewhere so I suggested to the coaches that they get out in front of this instead of rumors circulating after it is obvious he's not playing. JLH begins its season tomorrow against ESTEM.

So what exactly are you saying?

He transferred back to JL to late and he won't play this year?
What transfer rule did they break to make him not eligible at NLR?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2017, 08:04:33 pm
That's been out for weeks, even on other websites.

I can't speak to what is out on other websites, but I've known about it since he went back to JHL but haven't commented on it for the reasons I gave. Since his Florida offer, I've been asked a lot on social media about Arkansas's plans to offer him as well as his move back to JLH, yet I've refrained from commenting until today. I wanted the blessings from his coaches before going into it.

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 19, 2017, 08:11:57 pm
So what exactly are you saying?

He transferred back to JL to late and he won't play this year?
What transfer rule did they break to make him not eligible at NLR?

Yes, that's the transfer issue.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 19, 2017, 09:55:17 pm
Yes, that's the transfer issue.
Why would he have not been eligible at NLR? 

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 19, 2017, 10:20:32 pm
Why would he have not been eligible at NLR?

He's not at NLR anymore, he transferred back to JLH after the transfer deadline, so he must sit out '17-18 as a result of the latest transfer.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 19, 2017, 11:18:39 pm
He's not at NLR anymore, he transferred back to JLH after the transfer deadline, so he must sit out '17-18 as a result of the latest transfer.
I'll try again.  Why did he leave NLR?

JayHog

Pumbaa

Quote from: JayHog on October 19, 2017, 11:30:59 pm
Crickets. Lol

Chirp, chirp ha. Haven't seen many kids willing to miss a season no matter where they may have to play it. Seems like a parent, coach, someone would have let him know that once he transferred he was going to have to sit out. Would be interesting to hear how this came about. Also interesting that he left the bigger school for the smaller school. Would have figured the opposite for such an elite player.

Kevin McPherson

October 19, 2017, 11:48:56 pm #16 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:04:01 am by Kevin McPherson
Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 19, 2017, 11:20:46 pm
I'll try again.  Why did he leave NLR?

That's a fair question, but I'm not getting into more details on this.

Porked Tongue

I get it.  I just thought you implied you were sharing it all.  That was the one detail I hadn't heard.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 20, 2017, 12:05:29 am
I get it.  I just thought you implied you were sharing it all.  That was the one detail I hadn't heard.

Nope, just gave the down-&-dirty basics, with no depth or detail. Anyway, it's not my story to tell. Those directly involved can go into more of it if/when/where they choose.  I knew there would be follow-up questions, which is fair and only human nature. But like I said, I gave as much info as I'm comfortable giving.