Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 Perfect Planes article

Started by GusMcRae, April 08, 2013, 10:31:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

You are what you tolerate.

RNC

I figure from zero experience but lots of window shopping that the PC12 must be killing the TBM850 too, so outside of a marketing deal with associated Mooney I don't see why they would be hyping the latter over the former.

GusMcRae

That Extra 330 may be the plane I saw at BWD on my way home from taking my son back 2 weekends ago.  I landed for a fuel stop, no other traffic announced on the radio, and shortly after I got out to get fuel, I heard a plane land, it did a touch and go, climbed, and commenced to doing airbatic maneuvers (I don't know the name of all the stuff he was doing, but he was pulling it straight up and doing full loops) directly above the airport at I would guess 4000' to 5000'.   It was very cool to observe, I could hear the engine strain climbing then scream in a dive.  I tried to take some video with my phone after I finished fueling, but he was about done by then. 
Anyway, I know that a lot of those planes have the same look (Mustang, RansRVs, etc...),,, but after looking at more pics of this one online, I think that's what it must've been.  The pilot's position is aft the wing, noticably more so than most of those other planes. 
I know they say it's good for pilots to take some airbatic lessons to improve piloting skills, but I don't think I'm one to crave that kind of rush. 
I tend to prefer straight and level flight, with a steep bank turn occasionally to check out some wildlife or while looking for lost cattle or something like that.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?