Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Started by gotyacovered, November 19, 2012, 10:06:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

busted 200 this weekend! stats say i am at the most dangerous point at this stage.

You are what you tolerate.

GusMcRae

November 19, 2012, 10:36:42 am #1 Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:56:32 am by gotyacovered
Quote from: gotyacovered on November 19, 2012, 10:06:42 am
busted 200 this weekend! stats say i am at the most dangerous point at this stage.
[img width=412 height=550]

I have not heard of this stat.  What is the range, from 200 to what?i 'm at 244.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

Flying Razorback

Nice!  Keep em coming!
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

gotyacovered

November 19, 2012, 11:54:41 am #3 Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:48:30 pm by gotyacovered
Quote from: GusMcRae on November 19, 2012, 10:36:42 am
I have not heard of this stat.  What is the range, from 200 to what?i 'm at 244.

they say a pilot with 200+ but <500 are, statistically, at the most dangerous point in their flying careers. i cannot site that to be fact, just have heard it. thinks its based on overconfidence in ability compared to experience level.

gotyacovered

rnclittlerock

Quote from: gotyacovered on November 19, 2012, 11:54:41 am
they say a pilot with 200+ but <500 are, statistically, at the most dangerous point in their flying careers. i cannot site that to be fact, just have heard it. thinks its based on overconfidence in ability compared to experience level.

they told us the same thing in the ground school i went to when i was working on my private written.

Hogbus320

Hey man congrats!  You are right though, statistically pilots are more suspect to accidents/incidents to about 500 hrs and then there is a noticable drop off in occurrences. Some theorize that the pilot gone from being "comfortable" to "brave"...willing to push the limits of the aircraft and their piloting skills. Somewhere in that hour range they actually find their limits and get a good scare...usually without twisting metal or letting the FAA get involved. After they get that scare it is usually enough to get them back to using a checklist, performing better walking arounds, and following and studying the regs better. What's interesting is that there is another spike of "danger" somewhere around 1500 hrs because then they think they've seen it all and get really brave. Now the only difference that their piloting skill can usually overcome a mistake...but when they can't the consequences are usually not good. So when find your limit treat it as a learning experience.