Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V ole miss

Started by flippinhogmana, December 29, 2017, 05:12:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

3:27 to go
monk fouled, rebel post picks up her fifth foul (she had 21 points)
monk picks up a foul on the drive, with head to the line, misses the first, and the second
hogs still up by one
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

hawgrunner

hawgrunner

free throws are key... how true!

flippinhogmana

rebels drive and williams fouls out, rebels to the line for the tie and lead
rebels miss the first, and the second and an over the back foul, rnb will head to the line his the first and the second, hogs by three 70-67
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

rebels take a time out and will inbound with 2:42 to play
offensive foul on the rebels (some make up calls?)
mason blocked on a jumper
cosper with a runout but turns it over (lost the ball going up to shoot)
rebels (inside two minutes) drive misses but works out as a pass, 70-69
1:43 to go
hogs with the ball, mason hits a three from the corner
hogs 73-69
one minute to go
rebels answer with a three

flippinhogmana

hogs by one with 54 seconds to go, time out, hogs will have the ball
monk with the ball mason partially blocked, 20 seconds to go
rebels with the ball
tie up, ole with the possession
five seconds to go
rebels turn it over and monk dribbles out the clock with a run out! one point lead (I think I remember saying this game would come down to the last seconds!)

razCzar

Well that was intense, but Hogs hold on!

WPS!

hawgrunner

WOW! What a game!
Two days in a row... great Hog's Ball!!

WPS!!

flippinhogmana

cosper with the double double 18 pts, 11 boards, six turnovers and four steals
mason with 13, four assists, one turnover
Monk with 12, four assists, 3 turnovers
RnB with 9, 3 boards, one turnover,
Swenson with 8
Thomas with 6
Williams with 5 and 9 boards
Zimmer with 2

psycHOGlogist

Very nice job by the Hogs to hold on.

Man, if we had some actual size ... That's not a knock on Thomas and Williams, but they are giving away a lot of height down there in the post.

We made some nice, clutch shots today, and made some adjustments when they started to press and stopped the bleeding.

WPS!!!!

flippinhogmana

cosper came up like a captain today 7-15 from the field, 2-5 from 3, 2-3 at the line

razorback45

!!!!!!!!!!Love Those Hogs !!!!!!!!!!

colemjh

Good win. Thanks for all the posts.

Dr. Starcs

Thanks for the updates

flippinhogmana

Quote from: colemjh on December 31, 2017, 04:27:23 pm
Good win. Thanks for all the posts.

Thanks for the updates

No problem.  Some of you also follow EI, you know our tradition there for those who cant pick up the broadcast.  Its been a long time since I did an EI broadcst, but we are a small (but I bet we will grow) group.  I am glad to do it for those who dont have SECTV or for when the dont do TV broadcasts. 

Its good to be undefeated in conference!  Its been a long time since we have been able to say that (and it was a near thing today)!

flippinhogmana

monk and cosper played 39 of the forty minutes
mason played 33 (was out some due to foul trouble) but really came up big too.  She was 3-4 from the 3 including the last basket that the hogs scored
RnB also contributed mightily, with her nine points (1-2 from the 3, 2-2 at the line) and played 28 minutes (two offensive boards of her three boards and only one turnover)
Thomas and Williams were warriors despite being outmanned (or out womaned in this case I guess is more accurate)
zimmer goes hard but RnB is just a whole lot better offensive option.  Zimmer only played nine minutes.

flippinhogmana

observations - Ole miss is not that good and we still have a couple of things to fix before we can even think of winning much in conference.  One, we have to handle the ball better under pressure and not let the pressure over speed us in half court.  Two, we have to shoot fts better. 

pigture perfect

Thanks for the thread. Glad to see a Conference W.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razCzar

Quote from: flippinhogmana on December 31, 2017, 05:07:11 pm
Thanks for the updates

No problem.  Some of you also follow EI, you know our tradition there for those who cant pick up the broadcast.  Its been a long time since I did an EI broadcst, but we are a small (but I bet we will grow) group.  I am glad to do it for those who dont have SECTV or for when the dont do TV broadcasts. 

Its good to be undefeated in conference!  Its been a long time since we have been able to say that (and it was a near thing today)!

Really appreciate your efforts on here, flippin.  Keep it up!

logic

Quote from: flippinhogmana on December 29, 2017, 06:20:57 pm
game time is 2:00 pm Sunday, and it will be at the Bud, will also be televised on Espn/Sec Tv for those of you who have that link.
You can watch most of the games and the replays, including this one, at http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/

JHicks3636

Thanks flippin. I was taking my "try to stay up to midnight" nap during the game and this thread allowed me to see how the game played out. Good job. Another +1

flippinhogmana

haha, not too many of us even know (or practice) what one plusing is.

FineAsSwine

Great to see the Ladybacks get a win to open conference play. Lots of help on the way soon. Makes the inevitable growing pains easier to bear.
Hogs up! Covid down!

jackflash