Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calling it now: Gus will be at Ark after seasons ends

Started by OperationRestoreHawgBall, November 11, 2017, 07:53:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

solitons

why does Gus want  to leave Auburn?

he is scared by Saban? or we are a better football school? or we pay more?

Kamkaizen

I don't think would actually leave Auburn right now. Why would he leave such a fertile recruiting area and a university with the football history of Auburn?  I just don't see it happening.

Hawg Life

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on November 11, 2017, 08:47:34 pm
I think Norvell and gus both fit the bill of better in-state recruiting. Problem is our in-state talent is pretty limited, and imo Norvell can't compete with gus when it comes to out-of-state recruiting.

Last year his recruiting class ranked 50th @ Memphis compared to Fuente's 2 classes @ Memphis #89 & #90. Norvell will be soooooo much better than what we've been accustomed to in the past 5-10 years.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Kamkaizen on November 11, 2017, 09:19:37 pm
I don't think would actually leave Auburn right now. Why would he leave such a fertile recruiting area and a university with the football history of Auburn?  I just don't see it happening.
Gu$ i$ at a $chool that alway$ out recruit$ u$ $omehow.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

50th?? I would not be crowing about that.

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 11, 2017, 09:23:09 pm
Last year his recruiting class ranked 50th @ Memphis compared to Fuente's 2 classes @ Memphis #89 & #90. Norvell will be soooooo much better than what we've been accustomed to in the past 5-10 years.

Hawginj

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on November 11, 2017, 09:34:11 pm
It's Memphis thats quite an achievement, and something to crow about

colbs

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on November 11, 2017, 08:47:34 pm
I think Norvell and gus both fit the bill of better in-state recruiting. Problem is our in-state talent is pretty limited, and imo Norvell can't compete with gus when it comes to out-of-state recruiting.
Both coached under Todd Graham and he felt Norvell was the better recruiter.  Pretty much said he has had some good assistants but Norvell's recruiting gave him the edge

ipigsooie

Quote from: Hawginj on November 11, 2017, 09:37:10 pm
It's Memphis thats quite an achievement, and something to crow about

A lot higher than our current class

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on November 11, 2017, 09:34:11 pm

I read somewhere that that is the highest ranked class ever at Memphis.

greasy_corner

No way in hell.  For better, or worse.  No way in hell he's coaching here next year.   

Danny J

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on November 11, 2017, 08:18:14 pm
Yes...you do realize he is on a short lease at the barn, right? But Arkansas showed we have no issues giving a mediocre coach 5 years and a massive buyout.
No to mention seeing what happened to Chizik just 2 years after a NC and not being able to beat and be on Bama's level consistently. Always playing second fiddle to Bama and could be fire after a 9 win season is a possibility at Auburn.

Yes...I could see him at Arkansas next year with a hefty raise.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Difference is top recruits are already aware of gus' system and love to play in it. Nor-who has a ways to go to build that kind of reputation.

Quote from: colbs on November 11, 2017, 09:37:48 pm
Both coached under Todd Graham and he felt Norvell was the better recruiter.  Pretty much said he has had some good assistants but Norvell's recruiting gave him the edge

GuvHog

Quote from: greasy_corner on November 11, 2017, 09:43:52 pm
No way in hell.  For better, or worse.  No way in hell he's coaching here next year.   

Exactly. Auburn will lock him up after today.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

NashvilleHog

Again, it's not like Gus has been tearing it up at Auburn lately.  Same competition that we play, too. 

His DC, Kevin Steele, is making 1.1 mill at Auburn.  Think we would be able to pay that to get him here?  Gus' new OC makes 700k.  I doubt his assistants are going to want to come and earn less and coach lesser talent than what they have at Auburn. 

On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

GuvHog

Quote from: NashvilleHog on November 11, 2017, 10:10:21 pm
Again, it's not like Gus has been tearing it up at Auburn lately.  Same competition that we play, too. 

His DC, Kevin Steele, is making 1.1 mill at Auburn.  Think we would be able to pay that to get him here?  Gus' new OC makes 700k.  I doubt his assistants are going to want to come and earn less and coach lesser talent than what they have at Auburn. 

Not tearing it up????  His Tigers just ROUTED the #1 team in the nation! The Hogs have no shot at him now.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsolutely

Gus will NOT leave Auburn!  There he will be in the mix every year with what they can recruit there.  So, NO GUS FOR US!

Boarcephus

Quote from: GuvHog on November 11, 2017, 10:14:50 pm
Not tearing it up????  His Tigers just ROUTED the #1 team in the nation! The Hogs have no shot at him now.

And I think he beats Bama in a couple weeks.  When MSU can run on them, you know Auburn can.  The tide looked beatable last night for the first time.  Losing 4 linebackers has hurt them and it showed last night. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.