Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB on SEC teleconference

Started by jst01, November 08, 2017, 02:11:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jst01

On recent struggles since end of last season: "It's been difficult to get back on top of it, but it's there, there are so many improvements. ... Unfortunately, it takes a little time."

I'd like him to name three things.  I can think of one, Limpert.  Anyone got something else that has improved?

PorkRinds

Special teams. Beyond that I'm drawing a blank.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Razorbackers

phadedhawg

There's a lot more elbow room for fans game day experience!

phadedhawg

Not as hard to find parking on game day. 

ke2743

Our defensive and offensive lines have improved on opening holes, for opposing teams to walk through.

KennyForAD

We came from behind to beat a creampuff, for once.

DeltaBoy

Since last year the Team had fell apart. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

KennyForAD

You can sit on the fifty yard line, even if you only have end zone seats.

Captain Hamerica

hawgon

You people don't even know enough to comment on this stuff.  For instance, how many of you smartasses knew that fully 98% of the kids are getting to the 5:00 a.m. meeting by 3:35 a.m. instead of the 82% before the season?  How many of you knew that team
mandatory attendance to optional labs and workshops is now at 100%?  And did you know that Brian Wallace is no longer missing starts because of improperly tied shoelaces?

The improvements have been by leaps and bounds this year but you haters will never know about them nor acknowledge them if you did.

Calling All Hogs

We invented and perfected the bend until you break defense.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 08, 2017, 02:19:37 pm
We came from behind to beat a creampuff, for once.
Uhhh....make that twice (this year).

FutureMan

I gotta admit, there's some pretty funny responses here.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgon on November 08, 2017, 02:25:52 pm
You people don't even know enough to comment on this stuff.  For instance, how many of you smartasses knew that fully 98% of the kids are getting to the 5:00 a.m. meeting by 3:35 a.m. instead of the 82% before the season?  How many of you knew that team
mandatory attendance to optional labs and workshops is now at 100%?  And did you know that Brian Wallace is no longer missing starts because of improperly tied shoelaces?

The improvements have been by leaps and bounds this year but you haters will never know about them nor acknowledge them if you did.
Well I suppose the answer to your particular post has pretty much to do with what one means by "success" or "improvement". If, as you say, the kids are showing up on time and getting the work done then obviously that's very good  news and credit to them. I honestly don't know; therefore, I will have to take you word for it.

On the other hand, I DO KNOW FOR A FACT, as does everyone else, that we AREN'T getting it down on the field. Now we can argue and debate till the cows come home about the reasons for such poor performances. However, the ONE thing that can't be debated, disputed, argued or whatever is that the staff, starting and ending with the HC, is NOT getting the job done in either preparation, scheming, coaching up and most certainly in-game adjustments. Failure on a grand scale, not the players so much, but from the very top. So if this is your particular definition of "improvement by leaps and bounds" I'll have to call a major b.s. foul. And that I'm going to criticize without remorse or apology.

RRS concessions

Hammonds has improved since early in the year.

hotdog hog

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 08, 2017, 02:18:13 pm
There's a lot more elbow room for fans game day experience!
I spit DR Pepper thru my nose. Thanks

hawgon

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 08, 2017, 02:38:25 pm
Well I suppose the answer to your particular post has pretty much to do with what one means by "success" or "improvement". If, as you say, the kids are showing up on time and getting the work down otherwise then obviously that's very good news and credit to them. I honestly don't know; therefore, I will have to take you word for it.

On the other hand, I DO KNOW FOR A FACT, as does everyone else, that we AREN'T getting it down on the field. Now we can argue and debate till the cows come home about the reasons for such poor performances. However, the ONE thing that can't be debated, disputed, argued or whatever is that the staff, starting and ending with the HC, is NOT getting the job done in either preparation, scheming, coaching up and most certainly in-game adjustments. Failure on a grand scale, not the players so much, but from the very top. So if this is your particular definition of "improvement by leaps and bounds" I'll have to call a major b.s. foul. And that I'm going to criticize without remorse or apology.

::)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgon on November 08, 2017, 02:42:29 pm
::)
So interesting....you roll your eyes. Perhaps that's the only response you can offer to an otherwise "spot on" comment concerning your "jump everyone's rear" comments. Telling........

SquidBilly

My goodness, I hope CBB and CKA aren't trying to get on top of anything at this point.....

hawgon

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 08, 2017, 02:45:35 pm
So interesting....you roll your eyes. Perhaps that's the only response you can offer to an otherwise "spot on" comment concerning your "jump everyone's rear" comments. Telling........

Yes, that's why I rolled my eyes.  How long have you been on this board?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgon on November 08, 2017, 02:47:36 pm
Yes, that's why I rolled my eyes.  How long have you been on this board?
Easy for you to find out....just go into the profile section. And while we're at it HOW LONG HAVE YOU ??? I mean after over 20k posts something as simple as that ought to be well known to you. Brilliant and a regular Norman Einstein level response.

hawgon

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 08, 2017, 02:49:47 pm
Easy for you to find out....just go into the profile section. And while we're at it HOW LONG HAVE YOU ??? I mean after over 20k posts something as simple as that ought to be well known to you. Brilliant and a regular Norman Einstein level response.

Have I ever written ANYTHING favorable to Bielema?  Have you ever seen it?  Just once?  I challenge you to go find it?

Cheaper last minute tickets
Quicker concessions
You can set closer to the field in good seats
We've got to see Hammonds more
We look quicker chasing the other team into their endzone

hawgon

Froholdt got an invatation to train at the top matador school in Spain if he decides that he doesn't like football.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgon on November 08, 2017, 02:53:00 pm
Have I ever written ANYTHING favorable to Bielema?  Have you ever seen it?  Just once?  I challenge you to go find it?
Don't know and honestly don't care. However, that somewhat begs the question: why blast those who criticize this idiot ??? I mean your best response is an eye roll to a comment I made about the coaches' failures. I honestly respect the effort(s) each player puts in. While they may not always execute on the field, I still support them because they're obviously not being paid and I truly believe they're doing their best. And I can certainly appreciate the extra work and discipline they're showing. So what's the reason for your reaction. I do have to wonder.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawgon

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 08, 2017, 03:00:47 pm
Don't know and honestly don't care. However, that somewhat begs the question: why blast those who criticize this idiot ??? I mean your best response is an eye roll to a comment I made about the coaches' failures. I honestly respect the effort(s) each player puts in. While they may not always execute on the field, I still support them because they're obviously not being paid and I truly believe they're doing their best. And I can certainly appreciate the extra work and discipline they're showing. So what's the reason for your reaction. I do have to wonder.

Tell me that you're not serious...

Vantage 8 dude

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

oldhog63

Quote from: hawgon on November 08, 2017, 03:01:44 pm
Tell me that you're not serious...
You forgot that HUGE sarcasm button on your first post. LOL

hawgon

Quote from: oldhog63 on November 08, 2017, 03:33:29 pm
You forgot that HUGE sarcasm button on your first post. LOL

It's not sarcasm if you have to tell people it is.

Hogwop

Quote from: hawgon on November 08, 2017, 03:36:54 pm
It's not sarcasm if you have to tell people it is.
All I know is it's funny.

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

atom hog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 08, 2017, 03:37:57 pm
Just sounds like a guy trying to buy more time and hang on to his job  :puke:
And to hang onto his big, fat paycheck.

Kevin

every time he gets in front of a mike, he is trying to convince some ad some where that he can coach. it is a job interview.  his agent is going to tell people, the program was close to busting through but the idiot fans did not let him finish the job.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

The NewEra

In the teleconference, once again Bielema mentioned the microwave society where everyone wants things right now.  Somehow he doesn't think that five years is long enough.

I could have cooked an entire side of beef with a book of matches or a magnifying glass in the time he's had to build this program.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: The NewEra on November 08, 2017, 04:04:24 pm
In the teleconference, once again Bielema mentioned the microwave society where everyone wants things right now.  Somehow he doesn't think that five years is long enough.

I could have cooked an entire side of beef with a book of matches or a magnifying glass in the time he's had to build this program.

11-26 soon to be 11-29 OR 12-28 at the end of year 5. Numbers don't lie CBB.

Dropkick

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2017, 03:58:17 pm
every time he gets in front of a mike, he is trying to convince some ad some where that he can coach. it is a job interview.  his agent is going to tell people, the program was close to busting through but the idiot fans did not let him finish the job.
I hope he gets credit next year for the great success someone else is having here. That would be awesome.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: The NewEra on November 08, 2017, 04:04:24 pm

That's odd he'd say that considering he himself said year five was the year

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jst01 on November 08, 2017, 02:11:34 pm
On recent struggles since end of last season: "It's been difficult to get back on top of it, but it's there, there are so many improvements. ... Unfortunately, it takes a little time."

I'd like him to name three things.  I can think of one, Limpert.  Anyone got something else that has improved?

He's improved his bank account......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

tbhogfan

I've improved on my profanity during games. 

Used to be What the [bleep] was that? 

And now it's runs of profanity that are nearly Shakespearean in their beauty. 

It's hard to cuss in Iambic Pentameter, so thanks Coach for that.
Go Hogs!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

farmhawg

Quote from: hawgon on November 08, 2017, 02:25:52 pm

lol
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

WaltonCollege

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 08, 2017, 02:30:14 pm
We invented and perfected the bend until you break defense.

Haha
We don't even bend anymore tho just straight break.

hoglady

November 08, 2017, 07:17:14 pm #48 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:49:19 pm by hoglady
It really kind of pisses you off when he talks about microwave society and folks expecting things right now.
He's been paid almost $20 million to make the program worse than it was the day he walked through the door.
I just really don't get how he thinks people shouldn't expect better results.

I've never been convinced of his being this wonderful, great guy - and the more I see and hear from him lately, I'm convinced he's not and never was.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hawgphish

9 months from now there will not be a boatload of babies named Bert.