Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morris vs. SEC West Coaches

Started by Randy Beaver, January 14, 2018, 06:27:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Beaver

January 14, 2018, 06:27:10 pm Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:57:56 pm by Randy Beaver
After coaching in a lower level conference, is it possible that Coach Morris will be intimidated by the other coaches in the SEC West? Facing Saban, Malzahn, Fisher, and Orgeron may make Morris feel a little puny and intimidated until he gets SEC experience. I don’t think it will, but I have a method of thinking that has helped me overcome intimidating people or situations.  I hope to get a chance to share this with Morris. Right before I face the situation, I punch myself as hard as I can in the sternum, about nipple level.  As soon as I do that, these words begin going in my head on repeat: “Well, I won’t back down. No, I won’t back down. You can stand me up at the gates of hell.  But I won’t back down.”  I have no idea why!  Not even a Tom Petty fan.  Once I get through the situation, to stop that from going through my head, I must scream the following words as loud as I can: “Conway Twitty!”  I don’t know why, but this has helped me through numerous intimidating encounters.  Hopefully, this would work for Coach Morris as well and we can take over the SEC and get to Atlanta next year.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 14, 2018, 06:48:06 pm
I bet you have to do that a lot

They changed his meds and it only made it worse.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 14, 2018, 06:55:50 pm
Two words: Gerry Faust.

Stunning he had a winning record at ND but a losing one at Akron.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

King Kong

At Clemson he played Spurrier, Richt and Malzahn multiple times. Also played Meyer.

I highly doubt it

rtr

Gerry Faust came directly from High School.  Chad Morris was Offensive Coordinator at Clemson and Head Coach at SMU.  Big difference.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

King Kong

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 14, 2018, 07:19:12 pm
A difference?  Yes.
Big difference?  We don't know yet.

I do believe Morris will be closer to Faust than the guy who succeeded him (Holtz) at ND.

Ryan Mallett is still in the NFL. I bet that just eats at you every night

goodguytex

Quote from: King Kong on January 14, 2018, 07:35:58 pm
LOL!!!:  ;D

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 14, 2018, 06:56:49 pm
They changed his meds and it only made it worse.

Anyone who puts Orgeron in the same category as Saban or even Mal-a-zahn or Fisher as a coach may be self-medicating by eating paint chips and sniffing glue. When he's not "enjoying his wife's muffin" in the morning..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

GoHogs1091

Morris has coached against Spurrier, Fisher, Miles, Richt, Malzahn, and Meyer.

Morris won't be intimidated by the SEC, a SEC that is as of right now just mainly Saban, Smart, and Mullen.

onebadrubi

Haha thread over

1highhog

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 14, 2018, 06:27:10 pm
After coaching in a lower level conference, is it possible that Coach Morris will be intimidated by the other coaches in the SEC West? Facing Saban, Malzahn, Fisher, and Orgeron may make Morris feel a little puny and intimidated until he gets SEC experience. I don't think it will, but I have a method of thinking that has helped me overcome intimidating people or situations.  I hope to get a chance to share this with Morris. Right before I face the situation, I punch myself as hard as I can in the sternum, about nipple level.  As soon as I do that, these words begin going in my head on repeat: "Well, I won't back down. No, I won't back down. You can stand me up at the gates of hell.  But I won't back down."  I have no idea why!  Not even a Tom Petty fan.  Once I get through the situation, to stop that from going through my head, I must scream the following words as loud as I can: "Conway Twitty!"  I don't know why, but this has helped me through numerous intimidating encounters.  Hopefully, this would work for Coach Morris as well and we can take over the SEC and get to Atlanta next year.

This is the funniest shite I think I've read in quite awhile, and I've been on Tigerdroppings lurking pestering those poor coon asses.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.