Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This might sound completely random

Started by abq, April 23, 2005, 08:14:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

abq

April 23, 2005, 08:14:24 pm Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 08:20:52 pm by abq
The wife and I were just discussing this. Thinking back over MJ's career as a Hog and some of the things that have been said about him on message boards and radio shows I started wondering what it must be like to deal with that. As a parent I know I would have a difficult time dealing with some of the stuff that has been said if that was my kid.

Some of you younger guys aren't gonna understand where I'm coming from. I also know that, for some reason, there are people that just can't stand Matt or got mad at his dad once or whatever. Also, I don't "worship Matt Jones". However, I am very proud of him and it was a joy to watch him play these last few years. I'm glad he chose to be a Hog. There were times he made mistakes or didn't have the attitude some of you thought he should have and the bashing was absolutely relentless. Ofcourse the praise was to the heavens after games like the 7 overtime game.

My point is, I wonder what it must be like to deal with that. If it was my kid I would have to be on blood pressure meds to survive. I know, I know, this is big time sports and it comes with the territory. I'm also the guy who, in another thread today, accused Cedric Benson of needing a Waaaaamubulance.

Anyway, just some ramblings on this beautiful evening. My hats off to Matt's parents for raising a great kid. Thanks to Matt for being a Hog. Good luck and thanks to the other Hogs who may be drafted this weekend as well as everyone who as ever chosen to be a Hog.

hawgfan_18

I totally understand what you're talking about.  i don't understand why people are so bitter toward MJ, they should take a step back and be appreciative for all that MJ has done for the university.