Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All is silent when it comes to baseball

Started by Tiger Stunner, April 23, 2005, 04:55:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger Stunner

unless I overlooked it, this is the frst mention of todays game?

Tigers up 4-0 in the 7th

3kgthog

At least I'll admit you're kicking our ass unlike Tiger fans who denied the sweep last season.

BattleHawg

Funny thing is... you think lsbleaux would suspend it's two best players?

Flock no!   REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION.

I have NO respect for lspuke.

BH

3kgthog

The last two losses probably would've still happened even if Rowlett and Bridges had been available.  There's not much you can do when the ball is constantly being bounced off the factory across from Razorback road.

BattleHawg

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 23, 2005, 05:32:07 pm
The last two losses probably would've still happened even if Rowlett and Bridges had been available. There's not much you can do when the ball is constantly being bounced off the factory across from Razorback road.

given what they can do with the bats and the talent level of both those guys, I'm sure not only would we have won, but we'd probably have 33 or 34 wins at this point.

just my .02, but not at all unreasonable.

BH

Semper Hogelis

I need to look back a few days to find were tiger stunner was talking about how bad there team is and was going to be a bad weekend for LSU. Glad to see LSU has fairweather fans as well. Don't let the bandwagon run you over later down the road.
Do you like your team, or do the suck. They look real good to me sitting 20 ft away from em. But two days ago you said the were bad. Which is it.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

BattleHawg

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 23, 2005, 05:46:06 pm
I need to look back a few days to find were tiger stunner was talking about how bad there team is and was going to be a bad weekend for LSU. Glad to see LSU has fairweather fans as well. Don't let the bandwagon run you over later down the road.
Do you like your team, or do the suck. They look real good to me sitting 20 ft away from em. But two days ago you said the were bad. Which is it.

I don't know how long you've been following college baseball, but if you have been following it for the last 20 years then you would know that this year's edition of LSU baseball is very, very mediocre compared to LSU teams of the past.

.500 SEC baseball and losing 2 to Tulame (even though they are a Top 5 team this year) will not cut it at LSU.

Our bats have finally woke up this weekend and we are very thankful for that. The baseball season is a marathon and hopefully this weekend will propel us to a good run to end the regular season and give us momentum going into the post season.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 23, 2005, 05:16:50 pm
At least I'll admit you're kicking our ass unlike Tiger fans who denied the sweep last season.

I have no idea what you are talking about. All of us recognize that you swept us in Baton Rouge last year. We do, however, have a very difficult time accepting any team winning a series in Baton Rouge. Series wins in BR are very, very rare and last year's series win by Arkansas was the only time it happened. This year has been very disapointing in the fact that both Alabama and Auburn won series in BR and S. Carolina swept us. These are reasons that, we Tiger fans, are very disapointed with this year's team. Being disapointed in your team, however, in no way diminishes your support and love for your program.

Semper Hogelis

Not sure what your talking about there Tom. You can talk the smack, and I can't say a word. Your boy's have played well. My post that you have attached didn't involve you. Tigger Stunner was on here earlier in the week badmouthing his team. Now he is on here talking smack. He just needs to decide which it is. Its not sour grapes here. we have had our butt handed to us this weekend. Great pitcher today. Great bats all weekend. The LSU boys know how to pull the ball on a weak pitching staff. I tip my hat. I'm not wishy washy with my Hogs. I love em good or bad. Just didn't think it was cool for him to dog his team, and then after they win 2, to be there biggest fan.

Gman

Semper Hogelis

April 23, 2005, 06:14:54 pm #11 Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 06:16:39 pm by Semper Hogelis
Gman-Gave it away yesterday. Ran into a great, great pitcher today. It wasn't us making him look good. He was good. Not excuses. We got out butt handed to us today. They hit the ball very well, and there pitcher is now 8-1. when the tourney rolls around. we need to face last nights pitcher, not today's dude. Our starter 2/3 of an inning, and theres went 9. Enough said. There are problems. But DVH is a great coach. We need tomorrow bad, and then its off to Kentucky. Don't bail on em folks. We beat ourselves last night. We got rocked today. Momma said there would be days like this. Maybe that's to old school for some of you. We win tomorrow, and get at least 2 of 3 in Kentucky, and we are alright. In the west. Anything over 500 will work. Look how many top 20 teames there are in the SEC West. The West just eats each other up. We sweep Vandy, the next weekend they take 2 of 3. LSU has a bad weekend, the next weekend they come to Fayetteville and win the series. Shiite happens. We have shared our bandwagon. Don't jump off yet. Go Hogs. Good game LSU.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 23, 2005, 06:03:20 pm
You can talk the smack, and I can't say a word. Your boy's have played well. 

No smack from me, not my style. I'm merely pointing out that this year's LSU team, so far, has been a major disapointment for LSU fans. We returned the core of our team from last year, our pitching staff was improved from last year and the team just hasn't been getting it done this year.

This series win is very big for us and it comes by beating a very good opponent on the road. Hopefully, this weekend will help us turn the corner. We have the utmost respect for your coach and he has improved your program immensely since he came down from Nebraska.

Gman

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 23, 2005, 06:14:54 pm
Gman-Gave it away yesterday. Ran into a great, great pitcher today. It wasn't us making him look good. He was good. Not excuses. We got out butt handed to us today. They hit the ball very well, and there pitcher is now 8-1. when the tourney rolls around. we need to face last nights pitcher, not today's dude. Our starter 2/3 of an inning, and theres went 9. Enough said. There are problems. But DVH is a great coach. We need tomorrow bad, and then its off to Kentucky. Don't bail on em folks. We beat ourselves last night. We got rocked today. Momma said there would be days like this. Maybe that's to old school for some of you. We win tomorrow, and get at least 2 of 3 in Kentucky, and we are alright. In the west. Anything over 500 will work. Look how many top 20 teames there are in the SEC West. The West just eats each other up. We sweep Vandy, the next weekend they take 2 of 3. LSU has a bad weekend, the next weekend they come to Fayetteville and win the series. Shiite happens. We have shared our bandwagon. Don't jump off yet. Go Hogs. Good game LSU.
Semper, I've been out of town this weekend, so I haven't got to hear any of the games.  It just seems that with all the errors last weekend, and blowing big leads, and to get shut out at home.  Someone stop the bleeding, please!

WindyCityHog

I was there....LSU dominated.  What more to say?

xkyrie

It was my first official Hog hardball game AND tailgater. The Hogville patrons I met there all treated me with a really cool attitude. Even the C.H.D. from LR was nice to me, which in itself is astounding, considering etiquette died an ignoble death in LR when I was a young'un. That was supposed to be funny...I liked everyone I met, even the LSU fans, all of whom were nice to us, before and after the whompin' they unilaterally administered. Being a new person to the site, I only recently found out "karma" and "smites." I get $10 for each smite, thanks to a benefactor of mine, so if you regale me with "smites," please be warned that you are enriching my proverbial purse with each intended barb of dishonor.

katocat13

let me just say this.  I hate LSWHO and always will.  The guys right thought, they've had a terrible season until they got here.  They've been subpar all season, for LSWHO.  If you follow SEC ball, you know that.  But you also know that the SEC can turn around in one weekend series.  On top today, bottom tomorrow. 

We could not hit their pitcher today. The fans were flat.  The players were flat.  Our pitching wouldn't have been half bad if the strike zone had been bigger than a peanut. (they would have still one because we could not hit)   I've heard umps booed some, but not like today.  And what was up with the LSWHO player talking smack and getting tossed?  I mean, they were winning?! 

And if you guys were the tailgaters offering drinks to LSWHo fans, I am glad I didn't stop by.   :-*

WindyCityHog

Your loss Kato.....There were all of 3 LSU fans who stopped by.....and they were good folks.....LSU fans or not.

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 23, 2005, 05:32:07 pm
The last two losses probably would've still happened even if Rowlett and Bridges had been available. There's not much you can do when the ball is constantly being bounced off the factory across from Razorback road.
Actually there are 3 things  we can do to prevent the encroaching return sweep at Baum against the Tigers. All 3 work in every game situation no matter the opponent.  They are to pitch,play solid defense and hit the darned little white solid sphere like we are fricking capable of doing !!! The first 2 games of this series,just like Auburn, we look like the 1899 Cleveland Spiders instead of what should be at the very least a Top 15 team.

Tiger Stunner

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 23, 2005, 05:46:06 pm

Ok...fine.......I'll just come out and say that one of the weakest LSU baseball teams that I have ever seen in my 10 years of watching LSU baseball is on the verge of sweeping you at home.....congrats

Also, the way this team plays I would be shocked if we make it out of the regionals.....the same team that looks to sweep you at home.

feel better now?

krack1925

Yep.... now I remember why I HATE LSU. 

hawgfan_18

Quote from: krack1925 on April 24, 2005, 09:52:06 am
Yep.... now I remember why I HATE LSU.

Yes we seem to get a new reminder everytime one of these pukes come on here!

muslimsdonteatme

Quote from: WindyCityHog on April 23, 2005, 09:10:09 pm
Your loss Kato.....

I know Kato.  Believe me when I tell you that it was most definitely your loss.  She's a hottie.