Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alright, who linked us to a Steeler board?

Started by Big Papa Satan, April 22, 2005, 05:22:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Satan

I knew I smelled something. :D

Matt's going to Dallas - don't bother with the #30 spot.

Lando Calrissian

I love the NFL, but its fans are a bunch of freaking dorks.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Big Papa Satan

Semper Hogelis

All right now. I love DR, and Lando's post's. But, with the # 30 pick in the NFL draft the Pittsburg Steelers pick Matt Jones WR/QB from the University of Arkansas.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: DR on April 22, 2005, 05:22:03 pm
I knew I smelled something. :D

Matt's going to Dallas - don't bother with the #30 spot.

AHHH SHAD-UPPP!!!

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 22, 2005, 05:48:56 pm
All right now. I love DR, and Lando's post's. But, with the # 30 pick in the NFL draft the Pittsburg Steelers pick Matt Jones WR/QB from the University of Arkansas.

I have to applaud you semper on that great notion!

Lando Calrissian

Again, as the many threads before this have proven, the fans of individual NFL teams = dorks, dorks dorks.

YOUR TEAM IS TEH SUX! MATT JONES GOES TO DALLSAA!!!

NO, YOUR TEAM IS TEHS SUXOR, MATT JONES TO THE EGGLES!!!!!!

and on and on and on.

Late 1st round, early 2nd round.

Period.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Lando Calrissian

April 22, 2005, 10:12:36 pm #7 Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 10:18:12 pm by Lando Calrissian
Quote from: ScottFaldonPeople who drool over college kids are calling NFL fans dorks!?!

That's the thing.  The one's drooling are the same one's calling each other stupid because they want the kid they're drooling over to go to *their* team.

Late 1st Round, Early 2nd.

It will be a surprise if he's drafted outside (either lower or higher) of that range.

I personally don't think the Cowboys will take Jones that early because they have a lot of other important areas to fill that need immediate addressing.  That probably goes for nearly all of these teams picking early in the 1st round.  Hell, that's WHY they're picking early in the first round.

If I'm the Arizona Cardinals, sure I'd love to have MJ on my teams.  Who wouldn't?  But there are MUCH more serious areas that need help.

Really, this might be a case where the rich (i.e. good) get richer.  The teams more likely to pick Jones are picking later in the 1st round, as they are already well-rounded teams that can afford to take a gamble.  He'll more than likely pay off in the long run for them.

These crappy teams that are picking at the top of the draft need IMMEDIATE impact to fill major holes.  The luxury to gamble just isn't there for them.

Semper Hogelis

April 23, 2005, 09:46:00 am #8 Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 09:48:09 am by Semper Hogelis
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 22, 2005, 08:02:07 pm
Again, as the many threads before this have proven, the fans of individual NFL teams = dorks, dorks dorks.

YOUR TEAM IS TEH SUX! MATT JONES GOES TO DALLSAA!!!

NO, YOUR TEAM IS TEHS SUXOR, MATT JONES TO THE EGGLES!!!!!!

and on and on and on.

Late 1st round, early 2nd round.

Period.
Yes I have been pimping the Great White Hope a lot for my Steelers, but in doing haven't hammeered anyone else for wanting him for there team. It's not so much the university connection, but that he is a Arkansas kid. Who from Arkansas wouldn't want Matt on there fav pro team. I love everyone. Except for the Illini dude. He's like the board spell checker. I think he has a prob with my 3rd grade PG edjamacation.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....