Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The end is near...

Started by I'M EMBARRASSED, April 21, 2005, 11:26:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I'M EMBARRASSED

After the draft, what will we have to do considering football.  I was talking with a friend tonight and he said baseball, yawn, and the NBA playoffs.  I can handle the playoffs, but they aren't what they used to be.  There are no true rivalries like there used to be.  Magic vs. Bird, Bird vs. Jordan, Jordan vs. Magic, Isaiah vs. Bird, Magic vs. Isaiah.  I can't wait until August or at least until the first college football magazine comes out.  It will give me something to study other than my summer school classes.

Broken Trigger

Yes, it is sad when the best rivalries in the game are former teammate vs. former teammate(Shaq and Kobe)and players vs. the fans(Pacers against Detroit fans). ::)

ocelot_ark

Right now the product of the NBA is the best it's been in years. Just off the top of my head...

TMac and Yao versus Dirk and the Mavs
Shaq and Wade vs. Kidd/Vince carter/richard jefferson

Those are the 2 series I'll really be keeping an eye on. They SHOULD be really fun.

sage_dragoon

Maybe some day we can have a Kobe vs Lebron rivalry...the Lebron vs. Carmello would be nice if they played the same position.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

ReturnToDynasty?

Gotta agree with Ocelot.  The NBA is the real-deal this year.  So many good teams, and the West is not so dominant.  T Mac v. Dirk will be compelling.  And even though Bron Bron is absent from the playoffs again, you have to admit that it will be fun to watch Jason Kidd and Vinsanity play together.  And you know that Big Ben will be fighting with the Pacers fans the whole series.  That will take us back to the Knicks v. Heat rivalry when they were guaranteed at least one fight a series. 

What sucks is that Shaq is hurt and he may not be playing at his full potential.  The good thing for the Heat is that they do not need Shaq at 100% for them to win.  He is so dominant that they only need him at 75%.

I cannot wait for the playoffs.