Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what did mort say???

Started by hoggerdinger, April 21, 2005, 10:27:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggerdinger

I missed the taiol end of the ESPN draft special interview with Matt.  Did Mort add anything at the end?
Thanks

Porkahontas

Quote from: hoggerdinger on April 21, 2005, 10:27:05 pm
I missed the taiol end of the ESPN draft special interview with Matt. Did Mort add anything at the end?
Thanks

Mort said something along the lines that Matt Jones was possibly the most gifted athlete he's ever seen come out of the college ranks. That wasn't the exact quote but it was something very close to that. Mort was very high on Jones like he has been all along.

I'M EMBARRASSED

I don't think that there is a more respected analyst among the ESPN community than Mort.  Just recently, I've noticed the amount of yelling among the analysts.  From one of my earlier posts, Steven A. Smith introduced being a consistent loud mouth, and that has projected onto other analysts.  Tonight Meril Hodge, Mike Golic, and the venerable, blah, Mel Kiper got into an argument over a few prospects.  Hodge simply wanted to disagree, which is fine.  However, they were unable to get any points across due to the disagreement.  I'm not a big fan of watching 2 analysts argue over who they project to be stars or busts.  It is a waste of my time.  Mort has never gotten into one of these arguments that I have seen.

Semper Hogelis

Quote from: hogsrus5 on April 21, 2005, 11:48:46 pm
I don't think that there is a more respected analyst among the ESPN community than Mort. Just recently, I've noticed the amount of yelling among the analysts. From one of my earlier posts, Steven A. Smith introduced being a consistent loud mouth, and that has projected onto other analysts. Tonight Meril Hodge, Mike Golic, and the venerable, blah, Mel Kiper got into an argument over a few prospects. Hodge simply wanted to disagree, which is fine. However, they were unable to get any points across due to the disagreement. I'm not a big fan of watching 2 analysts argue over who they project to be stars or busts. It is a waste of my time. Mort has never gotten into one of these arguments that I have seen.
Good point hogs. I noticed that. Bugs me when they puff up and try to see who can get louder.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

hoggerdinger

Mort is believeable because of his mannerisms.  He always comes across as a man that has solid connections in the NFL and he is never outrageous, but most importantly he is not wishy washy like Kiper.