Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN Draft Special On Now 7:00 FYI

Started by Semper Hogelis, April 21, 2005, 07:12:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Semper Hogelis

Lets see were the Heads have Matt going, or what they say about your favorite team.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

El Dog Hog

I think they are suppose to interview him tonight live. Its either tonight or tomorrow night.

Semper Hogelis

Cool, good info. NFL films will be with him on draft day. Taking a camera crew to FS Northside w/ Matt Etc.... This according to Matt's dad on Pressrow this morning.

artyhog

El Dog Hog

artyhog

artyhog

The guys just ssaid it, that Mat would go to the Eagles.  I don't think that he will be around that long.

Semper Hogelis

The heads said my Steelers would pick Heath Miller TE with there pick. What a load. Then with the next pick Philly would take Matt at #31. I know this is popular pick with Hog fans. Matt and Big Andrews reunited. That would suck asphalt. I'm glad these are guesses. Who takes Heath Miller over Matt. If he is there at # 30. The Steelers take him. Please. Mr Rooney, Coach Cowher. Please. :-*

artyhog

I totally agree Semper.  I do not think that Matt will be around by the 30th or 31st pick.

Geohul

Semp.  I hope we're right about those Steelers.  Matt to Philly would blow only because I COULDN'T root for the Eagles, I can't stand T.O.  One hell of a player, an even better Jackass.  Anyway, did you here Hodge rip on Matt as the Eagles pick. What do you think he'd do if the Steelers took him one pick before?  He'd lose it.  I'm kinda torn I respect Merril for his contributions to the Steelers, but I'm pissed he's doggin' on Matt. By the way can't wait to see the looks on the Heads faces Sat. if the Steelers pass on Miller and take Matt.  Focker out.

PennHOG

I wasn't able to catch the interview.  Could someone give a synopsis?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Geohul

Trey Wingo interviewing asked if Matt would rather play Qb in the pros, to which Matt answerd he thought he was best suited as a receiver in th NFL.  Then he was asked where he would like to go.  He said he didn't care about location, he just wanted to go to a team with a OC he liked who would use him on a regular basis for different situations.  Same old questions he's been asked 1000 times.

tophawg19

don't worry matt will be back in black and ben will have the deep threat he needs .
get r done steelers .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Semper Hogelis

Quote from: artyhog on April 21, 2005, 08:58:55 pm
I totally agree Semper. I do not think that Matt will be around by the 30th or 31st pick.
Arty- Dude I'm hoping he is there at #30.

Razorback Jedi

Amazing how in 4 months he's gone from a 4th-5th round guy, to a top 30 guy. Talk about a nice payday coming for MJ!

Semper Hogelis

Quote from: Geohul on April 21, 2005, 09:07:11 pm
Semp. I hope we're right about those Steelers. Matt to Philly would blow only because I COULDN'T root for the Eagles, I can't stand T.O. One hell of a player, an even better Jackass. Anyway, did you here Hodge rip on Matt as the Eagles pick. What do you think he'd do if the Steelers took him one pick before? He'd lose it. I'm kinda torn I respect Merril for his contributions to the Steelers, but I'm pissed he's doggin' on Matt. By the way can't wait to see the looks on the Heads faces Sat. if the Steelers pass on Miller and take Matt. Focker out.
Geoff- Hey this Miller cat is a good TE. His thing is that he has good ball skills for a big man. Likes to score. Good hands, and all that other bla bla. like a Tony Gonzalez type scoring threat. When have the Steelers ever had a offensive threat at TE. If you are a Steelers TE. You had better get ready to block, or your gonna have a 230-240+ TB running up you back. In other words. He doesn't fit the mold in Steel Town. They tried that passing game crap with Tommy M. trying to keep Plax, and Hines both happy, and we all know were that went. Ben R. too- H.Ward, M. Jones, Randal El. That would work.

Semper Hogelis

Oh, BTW. Off the subject. Did anyone catch Erwin telling the story this am about when Matt would line up at WR for drills in practice. Erwin asked Batman Carrol what it was like covering Matt. Got to paraphrase here. Something to the effect. He didn't like covering  him, and neither did the other Cb's. Ahmad said he was impossible to defend. If ya read Mike. Maybe you could help me out on this. Was a good story. Hey Batman is a starting NFL CB. I know he got picked on a lot last year, but have you ever seen a rookie CB not get picked on.. Even Lott, and Woodson had rough rookie years.

Semper Hogelis

Quote from: No longer the "Razorbacks" we're now the "Matt Jonesians" on April 22, 2005, 02:27:43 pm
Amazing how in 4 months he's gone from a 4th-5th round guy, to a top 30 guy. Talk about a nice payday coming for MJ!
Yep. I cant remember how long it has been sense I gave a rip about the draft. Probably wont even watch next year. Matt makes this one at least a little interesting. I might watch next year. Maybe one of our QB's will sue to be able to come out early next year for the draft. Our QB talent pool looks to be very deep this year. I'm sorry. Sarcasm gets one smitten.That's another post. I got on our lack of a quality QB in another post and got crucified. RJ has a big fan club among the student body it appears, and do not doubt him our you will feel the wrath.

tophawg19

pitt could be the 1st team where all the WR's can throw the deep ball .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins