Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just found out...

Started by I'M EMBARRASSED, April 21, 2005, 04:29:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I'M EMBARRASSED

South Carolina's scrimmage had 38,000.  How many did we have at our scrimmage?  I estimated to be around 8,000, but I never heard the actual number.

I know that it all has to do with Spurrier's return to coaching, but how nice would it be to have that kind of turnout for spring scrimmages?

Porquemada

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on April 21, 2005, 04:30:40 pm
I heard Nebraska had 52,000.....
That's because there isn't jacksh*t to do in the springtime in Nebraska - plant wheat and attend the Bugeater spring game.

I'M EMBARRASSED

Florida had over 54,000.  Those teams have tradtion.  SC doesn't.

Porquemada

Quote from: hogsrus5 on April 21, 2005, 04:29:31 pm
South Carolina's scrimmage had 38,000.  How many did we have at our scrimmage?  I estimated to be around 8,000, but I never heard the actual number.

I know that it all has to do with Spurrier's return to coaching, but how nice would it be to have that kind of turnout for spring scrimmages?
South Carolina's attendance was due to the marketing of the spring game with free cigarettes and warm Milwaukee's Best.

Broken Trigger

April 21, 2005, 08:55:57 pm #4 Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 09:20:03 pm by RazorbackRick
Nebraska 52,000?  Maybe Nebraska icon Trev Alberts made a special guest speech to deliver his semi-annual Houston Nutt put down tirade.  :D

abq

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on April 21, 2005, 04:41:31 pm
South Carolina's attendance was due to the marketing of the spring game with free cigarettes and warm Milwaukee's Best.

For an extra 25 cents they would roll the can around on an ice block for you. The cigs were stale though.

Geohul

And the post of the night goes to..............
Quote from: Pork'n Beans on April 21, 2005, 04:41:31 pm

Prince of Pork

Our turnout for the spring game is so bad because the product is so bad.  I don't mean that the Hogs are bad but the exhibition is not real exciting if you haven't noticed.  If we were to really split into two descent teams and have a real red vs white game I'm betting we could get around 30,000 or so but it's going to take a few titles before were really packing em in.
*CUBS '05*   "THIS IS OUR YEAR"-make that 06-make that 07-make that 08-make that 09

spudhawg

South Carolina's scrimmage had 38,000. How many did we have at our scrimmage? I estimated to be around 8,000, but I never heard the actual number.

why would 50000 or 38000 hog fans want to go see the marcus monk throw our first td pass. or watch lengthy breaks because of all of the injuries on the o-line. i've got better things to do on my saturday.