Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colin Cowheard's Rant about Matt Jones

Started by ReturnToDynasty?, April 20, 2005, 10:27:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ReturnToDynasty?

April 20, 2005, 10:27:45 am Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 10:29:35 am by ReturnToDynasty?
On his radio show he said that people are going overboard on Matt.  He said that if was drafting a TE then there is no way he would draft Matt.  He then said that just because Matt had a good combine,that doesn't prove he will do anything in the NFL.  Lastly he said, "What has Matt ever done?"  He compared Matt to Eric Crouch, in that he could be a huge disappointment

Then he said he watched Matt at the senior bowl and he was "totally RAW."

This was a 10 minute rant on how Matt is totally overrated.

CusefaninAR

Cowherd's a moron, and should be replaced with Rome.  Better yet, move Bo and Mike to Cowherd's time slot.  Cowherd does a great job of "predicting" the future, in that he will make some kind of stupid-ass prediction that won't be disproved until the end of the season, and by that time everyone has forgotten it.

Swino

Cowherd's objective is to start conversation and debate by going against the grain.  It does get old after a few minutes.

HogSkinsDisease

Yeah..I heard that as well.  He also said so what if he is tall and fast.  There are a hundred of guys out there that are tall and fast but they didnt make it in the NFL.  He also kept saying Matt weighed 230 and not 242.  Did Matt lose some weight recently?  And did I hear Cowturd right when he said he wouldn't believe Matt's 40 time till he saw it in person or something like that?

Biggus Piggus

You guys are right, Cowherd's act is 100% rabble-rousing blowhard.  He does not try very hard to be accurate or anything like that.  Any time I listen him, I end up screaming at the radio and changing the channel.  I really believe he deliberately goes against the truth just to get people stirred up.
[CENSORED]!

Patch

His entire show takes on the belief that controversy = ratings. Just the other day, after nearly every ESPN and other sportstalk show hosts had completely denounced T.O. as a selfish greedy piss ant, along comes Cowturd to take T.O.'s back. It was the only thing that hadn't been done before. If he agreed with everyone else, then he be just another show, but if he disagrees with everyone else (and common sense) then he may actually get SOME attention.

Cowheard = Attention Whore

strickark

I can't stand Cowherd...I still listen to Tony Kornheiser on the net from SportsTalk 980.  Tony's mailbag is a little gay, but enjoy the rest.

Tideboy

Cowherd is an idiot.  I can't believe a boob like that has a national forum.  He seems to be a USC homer for the moment. 
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/Tideboy/tideboy1.jpg

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another" (Job 19:25–27).

CusefaninAR

Quote from: strickark on April 20, 2005, 11:00:03 am
I can't stand Cowherd...I still listen to Tony Kornheiser on the net from SportsTalk 980.  Tony's mailbag is a little gay, but enjoy the rest.

Sweet!  I thought I heard Tony was still doing radio, but I didn't know you could pick it up on the net.  Must be he is doing it out of Washington.  Thanks for the info!

JFHWGBKRIII

JFB I envy you all.
My ears don't work well enough to hear the BS you are talking about coming from the radio.
I get more from the "rants" and updates from these forums than any other source.

Please keep up the "rants", it is music to my "ears".

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: JFHWGBKRIII on April 20, 2005, 11:24:30 am
JFB I envy you all.
My ears don't work well enough to hear the BS you are talking about coming from the radio.
I get more from the "rants" and updates from these forums than any other source.

Wish I could help you out with a rant, but I like everyone. ;D

JFHWGBKRIII

Thanks, Larry, I do believe you have had a few that I read before.
We get all the different views on this and some are very enlightening as well as knee deep in BS.
You all keep up the good work.

Buck Ocean

QuoteCowherd's a moron, and should be replaced with Rome.  Better yet, move Bo and Mike to Cowherd's time slot.  Cowherd does a great job of "predicting" the future, in that he will make some kind of stupid-ass prediction that won't be disproved until the end of the season, and by that time everyone has forgotten it.

KUDOS!! CusefaninAR is my next president.
Think like a Jedi

Buck Ocean

QuoteYou guys are right, Cowherd's act is 100% rabble-rousing blowhard.  He does not try very hard to be accurate or anything like that.  Any time I listen him, I end up screaming at the radio and changing the channel.
QuoteHis entire show takes on the belief that controversy = ratings. Just the other day, after nearly every ESPN and other sportstalk show hosts had completely denounced T.O. as a selfish greedy piss ant, along comes Cowturd to take T.O.'s back. It was the only thing that hadn't been done before. If he agreed with everyone else, then he be just another show, but if he disagrees with everyone else (and common sense) then he may actually get SOME attention.

Cowheard = Attention Whore
QuoteI can't stand Cowherd...I still listen to Tony Kornheiser
QuoteCowherd is an idiot.  I can't believe a boob like that has a national forum.  He seems to be a USC homer for the moment. 
QuoteMy ears don't work well enough to hear the BS you are talking about coming from the radio.

SUPREME [CENSORED] KUDOS!!! I love all of you!!
Think like a Jedi

tophawg19

simple you take a cowherd you get cowship.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Ton Ton Macoute

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 20, 2005, 10:41:59 am
You guys are right, Cowherd's act is 100% rabble-rousing blowhard.  He does not try very hard to be accurate or anything like that.  Any time I listen him, I end up screaming at the radio and changing the channel.  I really believe he deliberately goes against the truth just to get people stirred up.
I'd be pissed too if someone was stealing my shtick.

OklaU

I noticed alot of people think that Cowherd has always been an idiot (though we all like listening to him) but would he still be an idiot if sang MJs praises?  ::)
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

razorbackdan

Here's where he lost me on the Matt Jones thing this morning. He was comparing him to Eric Crouch, Scott Frost, El Roberson, Woody Danzler, and Antwaan Randle-El, which is a complete farce. Is there one guy in that group that is over 6 ft. tall? Is there a guy in that group that is 242? Is there a guy in that group that runs an NFL timed 4.37 (maaaaaybe Randle-El, but he's shiftier than fast)? Is there a guy in that group that has a 39 inch verticle jump?

If you answered No to all of the above, you are right and Cowherd is a Pac-10 homer that secretly wants some gay male pirate to go Trollin' for Colon Cowherd.

Hawgdawgrain

I boycotted Cowcrap a long time ago...he hates the SEC...he ranted about the kid from Memphis (football) who got Bama in trouble and basically said every school in the SEC was guilty...he mentioned Arkansas with no proof...

Moron...

I e-mailed him and told him he was obviously an entertainer because no serious journalist would say the things he said without proof...

I think Matt will end up making Cowcrap a bigger arse than he already is...

Go SEC...Go Hogs...Go Matt...

Broken Trigger

He is just trying to score points with his idol, Mel Crapper.  So there is two people in this world now that believe Matt Jones is overrated.  I hope Matt does well, just so these overpaid so-called professional analysts will just SHUT UP!

Hoggam's Razor

Colon Cowturd......classic.........the only good part of his show is when he has the guest reporters from different locales.
Other than that he never has a good point to make, he always takes a subject, creates the rant and tries to get folks to b!%ch about it...............great formula for a sports show.  I like the sports talk shows that just talk about sports and don't try get crap stirred up.
I hate it when people complain.

Porkahontas

Cowherd is a good guy and he is my favorite sports-talk radio host of all time.

...by the way, is this the 'devil's advocate' style of radio he does that annoys the hell out of everyone, including myself?

Cowturd sucks. I miss freaking Tony Kornholer.

Geohul

Cowherd's show is entertaining if only to hear someone consistently make an ass out of himself.  He has NO basis for 75% of the things he says.  I listen to him only when I want to get a good laugh, never when I want sports info.  If I want sports info I'll listen to Dan Patrick.  At least he TRYS to stay objective.

CusefaninAR

Unfortunately, it doesn't help when Arkansas callers call in and say that MJ is 6'8", like some idiot did this morning.  That only adds fuel to the fire for the moron.

Buck Ocean

QuoteCowturd sucks. I miss freaking Tony Kornholer

Hard to imagine saying it 3 years ago.....but I do miss Satchmo.

Think like a Jedi

mikeirwin

April 21, 2005, 04:57:41 pm #25 Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 04:59:14 pm by mikeirwin
Quote from: CusefaninAR on April 21, 2005, 11:48:29 am
Unfortunately, it doesn't help when Arkansas callers call in and say that MJ is 6'8", like some idiot did this morning. That only adds fuel to the fire for the moron.
Many colleges measure athletes in their shoes. A guy who's 6'6" is actually 6'5."
I think Matt was measured at 6'-6" 1/4 in his bare feet at the combine. That would translate to 6'-7" in a game program. But yes, 6'-8" is a stretch. Maybe if he hung upside down for a week using inversion boots. Then he might land a role as the next Batman in the off season.

mikeirwin

Quote from: UAGrad95 on April 21, 2005, 09:34:50 am
He's no different from M. Kiper.
Kiper just gave his most positive evaluation of Matt yet. No criticism at all. He said most of the stuff Mort was saying a month ago.

Dances With Hogs

Hawgdawgrain

Lando Calrissian

E-mailing his show isn't going to accomplish anything...unless you want to make yourself look foolish.

He said it himself.  He said he could always tell when he was right by the amount of angry homer e-mails he got.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

spudhawg

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on April 20, 2005, 10:27:45 am
On his radio show he said that people are going overboard on Matt.  He said that if was drafting a TE then there is no way he would draft Matt.  He then said that just because Matt had a good combine,that doesn't prove he will do anything in the NFL.  Lastly he said, "What has Matt ever done?"  He compared Matt to Eric Crouch, in that he could be a huge disappointment

Then he said he watched Matt at the senior bowl and he was "totally RAW."

This was a 10 minute rant on how Matt is totally overrated.

he's right on one thing, the combine does make studs out of some (not speaking of matt). lets face it, matt is an unproven commodity (at one of the positions he'll be playing in the pro's). its not like he lined up more than 20-25 times as a wideout in college. i think he can be really good in the pro's because he is so raw and the fact they have really specific coaches to work with him. will he be a hall of famer, who knows but i guarantee he's no eric crouch. crouch is like 5'9 and 160.  matt is 6'7 and 240. one is a man and one is a boy.

Lando Calrissian

Cowherd did go way overboard in comparing Jones to Crouch...but look at it from the perspective of someone who hasn't watched him play for 4 straight years.

Yes, his physical numbers are outlandish.

Yes, his playmaking ability has to literally be seen to be believed.

We (as Hog fans, and I would even branch that out to SEC fans) have seen Jones play for 4 seasons now, so we know the playmaking ability.

Hell, if anything, we knew MORE about the playmaking and less about the sheer physical numbers he could put up.  I for one never would've thought he ran a 4.4.

The opposite goes for the national media who HASN'T seen him play on a weekly basis.  While they have been floored by the physical ability, outside of a few highlights, for the most part, all they have to work with are the sheer physical numbers.

To me, Mortenson is the guy to listen to regarding Jones.  He's one of the few in the national media who have seen outrageous physical stats (size, speed etc) along with the God-given playmaking ability.

Honestly, if I had never seen Jones play, I'd probably think that he was "overrated" too.

But we do know better, so flooding Cowherd's e-mail box with mindless stuff really doesn't achieve anything, because he doesn't know better.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.