Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fanfare... Is it worth going.

Started by TnHog65, November 26, 2006, 07:08:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TnHog65

I have never been to an SECCG and was wondering if the fanfare tickets I received were worth using.  It will be 2 40yr+ couples with no kids.  If you have been, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

camden5r

YES!! Just hope we have better results this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hambone

Yes it is.

At least the one in 1995 was.

SPAL

umm, ive been to the one in 1995 as a 7th grader, the one in 03 as a college sophmore. ....it is mainly for young kids. Go enjoy a good tailgate.

TnHog65

OK, I have a two to one Go vs NO GO. 

I need more help then this.  Remember, no kids.

Should I go?

HogBaptist

well I have never been, and I am going.  The commercial on the fanfare and al the publications make it sound like an adult place. Tons of old players will be there, Stoerner and Steve Atwater.

Go...

Immensehog

The cold beverages and hot females are at fanfare.

If you like that sort of thing.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

hogsbeattexas

Its pretty neat for a little while.  Make sure you go to the ARK pep rally at 4:00.  They actually create a small stadium with stands inside, with full band and pep squad.  And I think at 1:30, Clint Stoerner is doing the QB challenge game.  Plus there is food, shops, etc...mingling with thousands of hog and gator fans.  I went in 02 and it was decent.  Just dont get there as soon as it opens or you will be bored.  I think we might get there around 2:30-3:00 and stay til game time.  Its a good lead-in to the game (which is next door).
#WPS

hogsfairweatherfan

I went in '02. It is a neat place, but if it is two older couples, I would think that you wouldn't want to spend 2 hours there. But it is up to you. (No go)

WestMemphisHogFan

I'm taking my 13 year old son.  What type of "stuff" do they have that he would enjoy? Also, what is the QB challenge?

Torqued pork

I'm sorry that this is off the topic, but I would recommend going to the Georgia Aquarium if you guys have the time. It's a short walk from the Georgia World Congress Center and would be a great place to take your kids.

hambone

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on November 27, 2006, 03:43:41 pm
I'm taking my 13 year old son.  What type of "stuff" do they have that he would enjoy? Also, what is the QB challenge?

They had one when I went in 1995.   They had various targets set up at various distances.  The farther they were, the more points you got if you hit the target throwing a football.   They had a QB from every SEC school.   Joe Ferguson represented Arkansas.  Archie Manning represented Ole Miss etc. etc.   After all was said and done, there was a tie between Archie and the Alabama Qb  (I think it was Richard Todd).   So, they had a throw off.  Each one threw one more pass to their sons this time.   And the winner was based on audience applause.  Richard Todd took a 7 step drop and fired it to his son.   Then Archie rolled out and zipped a pass to his son, (I think it was Eli).   It wasn't even close.  Archie looked like he could still play. 

They were also having 5 on 5 flag football football games and a field goal kicking contest etc. etc.  We had fun. 

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: hambone on November 27, 2006, 04:02:33 pm

They had one when I went in 1995.   They had various targets set up at various distances.  The farther they were, the more points you got if you hit the target throwing a football.   They had a QB from every SEC school.   Joe Ferguson represented Arkansas.  Archie Manning represented Ole Miss etc. etc.   After all was said and done, there was a tie between Archie and the Alabama Qb  (I think it was Richard Todd).   So, they had a throw off.  Each one threw one more pass to their sons this time.   And the winner was based on audience applause.  Richard Todd took a 7 step drop and fired it to his son.   Then Archie rolled out and zipped a pass to his son, (I think it was Eli).   It wasn't even close.  Archie looked like he could still play. 

They were also having 5 on 5 flag football football games and a field goal kicking contest etc. etc.  We had fun. 

Awesome! Thanks for the info hambone.

razorbackdan

I went in 1995 when I was just out of high school and it was fun. They had a real FG surface and goalposts and you could kick from up to about 35 yards. Archie Manning and some other old SEC QBs had some contest where they had kids as partners and threw passes to them which was cool to watch. Each school has an area with acheivements and info about that teams history.
Sega Genesis was big when I went and they were showcasing EA Sports College football 96. I happened to own the game and was awesome at it. Bob Whitfield, huge OT for the Falcons (now with Giants) was there getting paid by Sega to represent and I played him a game on a huge projection screen where about 200 people were standing and watching and cheering. He was a nice guy, but I stomped his @ss anyway.

B-Ross2417

My advice, go for a little bit.  However, when you've gotten enough of the "fanfare" experience be sure to head over to the CNN Center, Jock's and Jill's sports bar, tailgating, etc.  Just don't waste your whole day at the fanfare because there is much more to experience around the Georgia Dome itself.