Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Organized Offense -> No Easy Shots -> No Consistency

Started by SexyBeast77, March 08, 2014, 04:14:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SexyBeast77

This is what you get with Mediocre Mike. You know, Cauley Stein just said something about Arkansas being difficult to defend because they're just ballin or something like that.
  But when they're not hitting shots, not so hard to defend. When you have no organized offense and no set plays you don't get many easy shots or good looks. When we have the shooting night of a lifetime you get the Ole Miss game. Most of the time you get this Alabama game on the road.  We win at home because we shoot better on the rims we practice on.
This is why the CMA critics are still unsettled. I just don't think we'll get consistent results under Anderson. We're back to 10-8 after last season's .....10-8. Trading 2 road wins for 2 home losses is progress? um Yay?  We'll always be a scrappy Underdog under Anderson.  This game is why people like Lunardi and Wolken etc. in the national media don't show us respect. Because we don't deserve it.

JonClaudeVanHam

21-9 (First 20 win season since 08)

3 Road Wins (One at UK)

Guaranteed Postseason whether NIT or NCAA

Lost two leading scorers from last season and the offense improved somehow

Noticeable improvements in specific players

Shut up.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

3kgthog

The defense is as bad as the offense. I haven't seen that many layups since the Dream Team was beating up on 3rd world countries.

SexyBeast77

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 08, 2014, 04:18:44 pm
21-9

3 Road Wins (One at UK)

Lost two leading scorers from last season

Shut up.

You're a true poet :)
We beat one of the worst Kentucky teams in years en route to the exact same record, YESSS!
I love all these abstract positives with the same 10-8 record.

Breems

Ah, the ol' set plays mantra is back after our first loss in a long time!

I too was wondering how we pulled off such a large win streak and won @Rupp with this circus. We owe it to our players for continually overcoming their poorly designed offense.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

SexyBeast77

I want FCJ engraved in my Moral National Championship ring!
Same conference record and a couple more non-conference wins playing a much softer schedule than last year. Congratulations Breems, FCJ, TheBionicPig Etc!

Rome26

This is what you get when you have guards that can't take their man off the dribble and big men that wont/can't play in the post.

Breems

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 04:14:21 pm
But when they're not hitting shots, not so hard to defend.

Can't believe I missed this gem. :D

You really have this whole basketball thing figured out.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Rome26 on March 08, 2014, 05:05:59 pm
This is what you get when you have guards that can't take their man off the dribble and big men that wont/can't play in the post.
This is true. What's encouraging is Portis pretty much is guaranteed to improve. I don't ever see Kingsley as a back-against-the-basket guy, but there should be improved post play. We have to improve it or we'll never be able to get open shots consistently.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Rbill

Quote from: Rome26 on March 08, 2014, 05:05:59 pm
Sad but true. Portis and Kingsley have obvious gigantic potential. I'm hoping they both come back next year a lot stronger and ready to dominate and play a huge role on the team. And I hope someone on the team learns how to drive and finish or draw some fouls. Maybe it'll be a freshman. We love trying to fade away from the contact and miss the layup to boot.

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Breems on March 08, 2014, 05:08:07 pm
Can't believe I missed this gem. :D

You really have this whole basketball thing figured out.

Congratulations Breems! We beat a 7-11 Vanderbilt, a 3-15 Miss St. And the worst Kentucky team in yrs. Besides that we won the games we're supposed to (at home). Huge victory for you.
You shilled for nothing. Nothing. The same record plus the NIT. YESSSS!
I'm engraving Breems on my moral National Championship Ring too!
BUT BUT BUT Mike Anderson's third year Meme.
Noooooooooooooooooooo

Breems

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 05:25:06 pm
Congratulations Breems! We beat a 7-11 Vanderbilt, a 3-15 Miss St. And the worst Kentucky team in yrs.

The worst UK team in years? Like worse than the one that lost in the 1st round of the NIT last year?

But when they're not hitting shots, not so hard to defend.

I'm engraving SexyBeast77 on my stupid ring. Congrats.

JonClaudeVanHam

Classic Hogville. Bitch first about not being able to win on the road at all. Bitch second after we do win but the team wasn't the '96 Bulls.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

The_Bionic_Pig

Haha why are you guy's even giving SexyBeast77 a podium. ...99% of his post are Anti- Mike Anderson.   Besides the last few weeks have been absolutely hell-ish on his agenda so now he's got a lot of posting to do. ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SexyBeast77

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 08, 2014, 05:37:15 pm
Haha why are you guy's even giving SexyBeast77 a podium. ...99% of his post are Anti- Mike Anderson.   Besides the last few weeks have been absolutely hell-ish on his agenda so now he's got a lot of posting to do. ;)

Oooh Goodie, the "Agenda" meme is back. that's my 2nd favorite after the Mike Anderson's third year Meme.
10-8 to 10-8 and still no NCAA Tournament. Agenda that.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 05:41:22 pm
Oooh Goodie, the "Agenda" meme is back. that's my 2nd favorite after the Mike Anderson's third year Meme.
10-8 to 10-8 FACT. Agenda that.

Don't need to, you're doing just fine.

Breems

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 05:41:22 pm
10-8 to 10-8 FACT. Agenda that.

"Worst UK team in years"
"Easy to defend when we miss shots"

Dummyhead.

mbgrulz

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 05:25:06 pm
Congratulations Breems! We beat a 7-11 Vanderbilt, a 3-15 Miss St. And the worst Kentucky team in yrs. Besides that we won the games we're supposed to (at home). Huge victory for you.
You shilled for nothing. Nothing. The same record plus the NIT. YESSSS!
I'm engraving Breems on my moral National Championship Ring too!
BUT BUT BUT Mike Anderson's third year Meme.
Noooooooooooooooooooo
Did you happen to notice UK's team last year? The one that went 1 & done in the NIT?

You do realize that this UK team is a top 25 team that will easily make the NCAA tournament right?

I'm going to guess that you are one of those clowns that CMA can't please though.

CDBHawg

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 08, 2014, 04:21:48 pm
The defense is as bad as the offense. I haven't seen that many layups since the Dream Team was beating up on 3rd world countries.

Then you didn't watch us Wed. Night.

forrest city joe

This is what you get with Mediocre Mike. You know, Cauley Stein just said something about Arkansas being difficult to defend because they're just ballin or something like that.
  But when they're not hitting shots, not so hard to defend. When you have no organized offense and no set plays you don't get many easy shots or good looks. When we have the shooting night of a lifetime you get the Ole Miss game. Most of the time you get this Alabama game on the road.  We win at home because we shoot better on the rims we practice on.
This is why the CMA critics are still unsettled. I just don't think we'll get consistent results under Anderson. We're back to 10-8 after last season's .....10-8. Trading 2 road wins for 2 home losses is progress? um Yay?  We'll always be a scrappy Underdog under Anderson.  This game is why people like Lunardi and Wolken etc. in the national media don't show us respect. Because we don't deserve it.
Here we got with this crap again from haters who have been hiding and waiting for the next loss to hate on Mike Anderson again. take your crap and go kick rocks. we played bad today and lost to a bad team. it happens in sports. it's not the end of the world.

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Breems on March 08, 2014, 05:42:30 pm
"Worst UK team in years"
"Easy to defend when we miss shots"

So your defense is this bad Kentucky team is not as bad as last year's Kentucky team. Ok then.

CDBHawg

What do you suggest?

By reading your post I see:

Fire Mike. Hire a coach that is not mediocre. Who?
And hit shots so we'll be hard to defend.

Breems

Quote from: CDBHawg on March 08, 2014, 05:46:22 pm
Fire Mike. Hire a coach that is not mediocre. Who?
And hit shots so we'll be hard to defend.

Haven't you been listening?

We swept the worst Kentucky team in year.

wupigsuey

Disagree. We got plenty of open shots. Got plenty of FT chances. That shart happens in sports but it happened to us at a most inopportune time today. We are a better team than what we showed today. Bad day at a bad time.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

forrest city joe

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 08, 2014, 04:18:44 pm
21-9 (First 20 win season since 08)

3 Road Wins (One at UK)

Lost two leading scorers from last season and the offense improved somehow

Shut up.
BOOM! +1000

870hogfan

Breems

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 08, 2014, 05:49:37 pm
Where was this guy when we was winning?

Preparing his arguments and waiting for his chance.

He's the smartest troll we've seen in year.

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Breems on March 08, 2014, 05:47:14 pm
Haven't you been listening?

We swept the worst Kentucky team in year.

We beat a bad Kentucky team that's not as bad as last year's on the way to the NIT with the same record as last year. Dreams can come true!
  Breems' superman turned out to be Breems' Clark Kent

forrest city joe

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 08, 2014, 05:49:37 pm
Where was this guy when we was winning?
Sitting back hoping that we lose, so he could post his i hate Mike Anderson crap.

Danny J

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 05:52:12 pm
We beat a bad Kentucky team that's not as bad as last year's on the way to the NIT with the same record as last year. Dreams can come true!
  Breems' superman turned out to be Breems' Clark Kent
They are bad? They are going dancing. We beat them in Rupp which doesn't happen often.

mbgrulz

-Blu

Quick question is SexyBeast77 that guy from Harrison that calls in the radio and talks trash about Mike Anderson and it makes no sense, and Bo makes fun of him the whole time?  That dude was hilarious, he said if Mike won a national championship he would give him credit to maybe being a decent high school level coach.

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2014, 05:56:29 pm
Quick question is SexyBeast77 that guy from Harrison that calls in the radio and talks trash about Mike Anderson and it makes no sense, and Bo makes fun of him the whole time?  That dude was hilarious, he said if Mike won a national championship he would give him credit to maybe being a decent high school level coach.
Nelson from Harrison.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 08, 2014, 05:37:15 pm
+100. Right on the money. he got the loss he has been hoping for, so he can attack Mike Again. so he is back in full force.

hoglady

Quote from: wupigsuey on March 08, 2014, 05:48:06 pm
Disagree. We got plenty of open shots. Got plenty of FT chances. That shart happens in sports but it happened to us at a most inopportune time today. We are a better team than what we showed today. Bad day at a bad time.

And that about sums it up to perfection.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: -Blu on March 08, 2014, 05:56:29 pm

Haha...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Danny J

Quote from: wupigsuey on March 08, 2014, 05:59:25 pm
hair cutting Nelson?
"Mike Anderson is a microcosm of a piece a crap" Nelson from Harrison.

wupigsuey

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 08, 2014, 06:01:37 pm

Dont know that but there is a fella named nelson that cuts hair here. Seems outta character from him but you never know a fella. Distinct name so might be him.

-Blu

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 08, 2014, 06:01:37 pm

That's him, that's gotta be sexybeast77, the ignorance is uncanny.  And I figured it would be very unlikely 1 state can't hold more than 1 of these guys.

SexyBeast77

You got nothing Cult of Magic Mike.
The facts are we had the same record as last year in conference. We have 2 more wins overall playing a softer schedule than last year.
If we don't win 2 or 3 in the SEC tournament we won't make the tournament in CMA's third year.
  You guys shill so hard for the man, for the coach, that, that is above the Razorbacks. 10-8 to 10-8 is hardly the Revolution you were Orgasming about after the win Wed. I thought we were gonna win out on the way to a 5 or 6 seed. Ha ha ha. Shills

Breems

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 06:09:32 pm
The facts are we had the same record as last year in conference. We have 2 more wins overall playing a softer schedule than last year.

Ohhhh, I get it.

This is the worst Razorback team in year.

hoglady

Well - it's not just many on Hogville that see an improved Razorback team.
I don't recall the Hogs being talked about as a bubble team last year by the National media. They weren't in anyone's bracket anywhere. Heck, we weren't even close to the conversation.
We may not get in this year, but we're close.
To me that's some huge strides in the right direction.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 05:03:23 pm
I want FCJ engraved in my Moral National Championship ring!
Same conference record and a couple more non-conference wins playing a much softer schedule than last year. Congratulations Breems, FCJ, TheBionicPig Etc!

Hey I've got you, look at my avatar.

GS99

I will never ever understand "fans" who are gleeful about their team losing and love to talk about how bad they are.  We read it every day here, but it's not new and not exclusive to the Hogs.  I will never get it.

Pigs in Space

So let me get this straight:

We played the number 1 team in the conference and nation to OT, had a legitimate chance to be over .500 in the league on the road for the first time in a long time, won 6 conference games in row, swept the only other lock in the league for an NCAA bid, have a good shot at going back to the NCAA tournament for the first time since '08,  all after losing our 2 best players...

But our season should only be judged on how good Kentucky is?  I am curious were you born with your affliction or did you acquire it over time?

husker71

In another hour or so (depending on how many they could put down in an hour)  I bet some will start the same stuff about why we should have hired Billy Clyde Gillespie.  By the way Heath is 12 and 20 this year at USF before you start that stuff about never firing him.

hogsanity

I said a week ago the win streak was full of games any average team should win plus one upset of a team that was full of favorable matchups. Bama is a bad matchup because they can rebound and they have good defensive guards.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Breems

Quote from: hogsanity on March 08, 2014, 07:02:19 pm
I said a week ago the win streak was full of games any average team should win plus one upset of a team that was full of favorable matchups. Bama is a bad matchup because they can rebound and they have good defensive guards.

Bama is the 2nd worst rebounding team in the SEC.

We lost because we shot poorly. Good defense by Bama at home.