Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Co Razorback Club hosts Bielema in Searcy on February 25th

Started by maddoghog, February 01, 2016, 04:03:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maddoghog

For those unable to attend either of the recruiting events in Little Rock or NWA, the Claude L. Smithey White County Razorback Club will be hosting Head Coach Bret Bielema on Thursday, February 25th at 6 pm at Searcy High School Sullards Annex.  Tickets are $25 each.  Food will be provided by First Security Bank.  2016 Hog football tickets will be auctioned and there will also be Razorback memorabilia for sale.  If you live near Searcy, please come out and help make this a great event!

Tickets are available at the following Searcy locations or by calling one of the following numbers:  501-279-6416, 501-279-9292, 501-230-9920, or 501-268-1112.

Simpson & Simpson Law Firm
Ace Hardware
Searcy Country Club Pro Shop
1st Community Bank
1st Security Bank
Regions Bank
Simmons First Bank
Centennial Bank
Southern Bank
Farm Bureau Insurance - Booth Road
Shelter Insurance - Cargile Agency
Farmers Insurance - Scott Finley Agency
Haymond Insurance
State Farm Insurance - Brian Maddox Agency
Never wrestle with a hog - you get dirty and the hog likes it!  WPS!

phadedhawg

Wish I could be there.  I'm thinking of flying back to the Promise Land (White County) soon but probably not that soon....

Razorpigg

maddoghog

Never wrestle with a hog - you get dirty and the hog likes it!  WPS!

go hogues

Quote from: phadedhawg on February 01, 2016, 04:13:02 pm
I'm thinking of flying back to the Promise Land (White County)...
Serious? Or Church of Christ/Harding joke?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Razorpigg

Great time last night listening to CBB.  He is always entertaining to say the least.

Polecat

Quote from: Razorpigg on February 26, 2016, 08:14:02 am
Great time last night listening to CBB.  He is always entertaining to say the least.

Recap for those of us who couldn't be there?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Razorpigg

Ok I will give it a shot....

One thing he said that stood out to me was that Devwah Whaley was the "most talented high school RB" he has ever signed.  Considering he signed Monte Ball, Melvin Gordon, and Alex Collins I thought that was telling. 

He said he expects a big year from Sprinkle, that Froholdt was our quickest OL and expects big things from him there, and that Jalen Merrick has a chance to be very, very good. Also said that Deion Malone came to campus at 278 and was already pushing 300lbs.  I almost fell out of my chair when he said Dre Greenlaw was up to 243 or so, and that they were going to get him playing at around 235.  He said he played this year at 212-215 so that should help him alot. 

I laughed alot because he would not call Malzahn by name, just said "the coach at Auburn".  He talked about several of the coaches in the SEC he has good relationships with, but named them all by name but not ole Gus. You can tell he just does not like him at all haha.  Also said that CPR is the one that contacted him about the DB job. Thought that was pretty cool.  You can tell he is real high on CKA, and said all the guys are just drawn to him. He said CKA was alot bigger on technique than Pittman, and that he thought we would improve in that area tremendously.

Will post some more when I have more time. 

Vantage 8 dude

Razorpigg, Thanks for the update and your efforts at letting us have a glimpse into what CBB had to say. I certainly found it interesting and intriguing that Rhoads would be the one who would reach out to Bret to inquire about the vacant DB coaching position. Speaks volumes about the reputation that Coach is obviously building when it comes to assembling staffs.  :razorback:

lumphog

The_Boot_stops_here

I think we all expect big things from Merrick but it seems we don't hear much about Brian Wallace.  I wonder how he is progressing? 

phadedhawg

Quote from: go hogues on February 22, 2016, 02:59:05 pm
Serious? Or Church of Christ/Harding joke?

hahahha   a bit about Harding but I've been on the west coast for so long White County does kinda feel like the Promise Land