Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new spring football league-joe adams

Started by presidenthog, January 28, 2016, 12:01:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

as much as i liked joe adams, him coming to the UA as a WR and not USC as a CB is probably the stupidst decision i've ever seen anyone make.  joe adams had the ability to be an ELITE cover corner.  he can cut on a dime and move laterally and not  lose speed.

i'm suprised some team didn't bring him in as a practice squad player and give him a year at CB

NLRHog92

Quote from: songofthesword on February 02, 2016, 04:55:54 am
as much as i liked joe adams, him coming to the UA as a WR and not USC as a CB is probably the stupidst decision i've ever seen anyone make.  joe adams had the ability to be an ELITE cover corner.  he can cut on a dime and move laterally and not  lose speed.

i'm suprised some team didn't bring him in as a practice squad player and give him a year at CB

lolololol think you went a little too far there... He had a phenomenal career here and will always be thought of in a high regard. Punt returns were legen- wait for it- dary, and every time Hogs are recruiting a guy who makes people miss in space and is shifty, he's compared to none of than Joe Adams. I'd say All-American was a pretty smart choice... There are some smaller guys that have done well in the NFL, but Joe didn't make that transition.

Vantage 8 dude

Totally disagree with your assessment. Joe had a phenomenal career on the Hill. Was part of some great teams, had some incredibly exciting plays-both as a WR and kick returner-and last, but not least, did it for his home state. The fact that he hasn't been able to make it (yet) professionally doesn't negate that. In order to back up what you've said is to assume (and remember the old observation of what that makes out of you and me) that Joe would have not only perform as well, or better, as a defensive back in college, but that he would also be able to translate that into an equal or better result in the NFL. That's a LOT of projecting as opposed to what we know has transpired thus far.......

Hogsolo

I'd love to see him in the slot at New England ala Welker - Edelmen

Vantage 8 dude

Like "revisionist history" much, do you?