Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new spring football league-joe adams

Started by presidenthog, January 28, 2016, 12:01:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

presidenthog

Joe adams got drafted first in new MLF (major league football). it is a spring football league that signed a 2 years tv contract.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/former-sec-players-franchise-mlfb-draft/

TrueBlue

Quote from: presidenthog on January 28, 2016, 12:01:58 pm
Joe adams got drafted first in new MLF (major league football). it is a spring football league that signed a 2 years tv contract.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/former-sec-players-franchise-mlfb-draft/

I hope Cerruti Brown is not running the league!

HogFaithful

Alonzo Highsmith was just picked in the 3rd round, on the same team as Joe Adams.

Hogarusa

At first glance, i read MILF.  Thats all. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

dhizzle

I'll watch it if I can find the channel.

RazrRila99

Itd be nice to know what cities they are in.  Has anyone been able to find them?  I saw a list of say Vegas, San Antonio, etc, but that was only Wiki. 

yraciv

Over or under 1.5 seasons? Glad to hear someone will let these guys continue to live their football dreams even if these leagues never work out.

wholehog92

Quote from: yraciv on January 28, 2016, 03:57:24 pm
Over or under 1.5 seasons? Glad to hear someone will let these guys continue to live their football dreams even if these leagues never work out.

Initial TV contract is 2 seasons.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jjdlc

People love football, it could find a nice.  The main problem with the XFL was that they messed with the rules too much, and did their best to make it feel like pro wrestling. 

BPsTheMan

Okay, new football league, your first impression on America is that you're stupid.

"Football" is one word. So what does "MLFB" mean?

Does major league baseball use the acronym "MLBB"?

No.

It does not.

So just go away now. Disband. Cut your losses. Dissolve. Dissolve before you have anyone board the train.

I hereby announce the MLFB League dead.

Sincerely,

Harry Rex Vonner
Lawyer

ur

Quote from: RazrRila99 on January 28, 2016, 03:13:18 pm
Itd be nice to know what cities they are in.  Has anyone been able to find them?  I saw a list of say Vegas, San Antonio, etc, but that was only Wiki. 
Nothing official yet but poss early leaders for the 8 teams are Birmingham, Orlando, Salt Lake city, Eugene, Memphis, San Antonio, Columbus OH.   One spot left for a lucky city looking for football.

Hawghiggs

I hope this league does take off. I would love for their to be a spring league  with 20 or 30 teams.

rzrbackramsfan

Fingers crossed Tulsa gets one.  This is really cool.

rzrbackramsfan

I posted this on my FB:

Major league football: been saying for the longest time this needs to happen. Apparently, some people are trying to organize a football league (with regular football rules unlike arena football) in the Spring time so as not to compete with the NFL and College football.

Apparently, they're going to do it this spring and have teams in 8 cities. Fingers are crossed Tulsa gets one. It would be cooler if these were "farm teams" for the NFL but this could work too. There are so many great football players out there that just couldn't quite make the NFL - everyone that didn't go to the NFL from the SEC lol. The teams should still be pretty quality. It should also help NFL teams by being able to scout them as well, see Kurt Warner who played in the Canadian Football League before making it on the Rams.

They also are publicly traded, I'm personally not buying, but will stay tuned. They're on an OTC market and their ticker is UCMT.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 29, 2016, 10:51:49 pm
I posted this on my FB:

Major league football: been saying for the longest time this needs to happen. Apparently, some people are trying to organize a football league (with regular football rules unlike arena football) in the Spring time so as not to compete with the NFL and College football.

Apparently, they're going to do it this spring and have teams in 8 cities. Fingers are crossed Tulsa gets one. It would be cooler if these were "farm teams" for the NFL but this could work too. There are so many great football players out there that just couldn't quite make the NFL - everyone that didn't go to the NFL from the SEC lol. The teams should still be pretty quality. It should also help NFL teams by being able to scout them as well, see Kurt Warner who played in the Canadian Football League before making it on the Rams.

They also are publicly traded, I'm personally not buying, but will stay tuned. They're on an OTC market and their ticker is UCMT.
68 cents a share.  A few hundred dollars could make someone a lot of money if it did work out.

BPsTheMan

I'm thinking about opening a donut shop

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on January 28, 2016, 09:16:28 pm
Okay, new football league, your first impression on America is that you're stupid.

"Football" is one word. So what does "MLFB" mean?

Does major league baseball use the acronym "MLBB"?

No.

It does not.

So just go away now. Disband. Cut your losses. Dissolve. Dissolve before you have anyone board the train.

I hereby announce the MLFB League dead.

Sincerely,

Harry Rex Vonner
Lawyer

I think they added the B because if not it would be MLF.  Even google searches would turn up NSFW results and of course the obvious jokes etc.  But then again maybe have all their cheerleaders be hot moms and just go with it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ur

Quote from: ur on January 29, 2016, 10:24:33 pm
Nothing official yet but poss early leaders for the 8 teams are Birmingham, Orlando, Salt Lake city, Eugene, Memphis, San Antonio, Columbus OH.   One spot left for a lucky city looking for football.
I was wondering why Joe Adams was chosen as a franchise player. Arkansas Attack!
http://razorbackers.com/2016/01/29/arkansas-getting-professional-football-team-called-arkansas-attack/

ur

It can be automatically assumed that Dave Campo will be the coach of the Arkansas Attack. With the draft still going on, Campo has picked many former Hogs and in-state players onto his squad. Here are a list of those players:
•Alonzo Highsmith- Arkansas
•Jerico Nelson- Arkansas
•Damian Lee- UAPB
•David Oku- Arkansas State
•Carroll Washington- Arkansas
•Sam Irwin-Hill (Ambidextrous Australian)– Arkansas
•Daniel Riley- Harding
•Maxie Graham- Henderson State
•Javon Ross- Henderson State
•Justin Martin- Arkansas Tech

ur

From the article: Arkansas Attack has been officially named one of the teams for the MLFB 2016 season. The other seven teams are as follows: Alabama Airborne, Florida Fusion, Utah Sand, Texas Independence, Oklahoma Nation, Ohio Union, and Northwest Empire (Based in Eugene, OR).

bphi11ips

Quote from: ur on January 30, 2016, 08:18:46 am
From the article: Arkansas Attack has been officially named one of the teams for the MLFB 2016 season. The other seven teams are as follows: Alabama Airborne, Florida Fusion, Utah Sand, Texas Independence, Oklahoma Nation, Ohio Union, and Northwest Empire (Based in Eugene, OR).

Arkansas players plus pent up demand = ticket sales.  No brainer.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hogsolo

Awesome!   Hope it actually puts good teams on the field. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 29, 2016, 10:58:53 pm
68 cents a share.  A few hundred dollars could make someone a lot of money if it did work out.

Keep tuned!

BPsTheMan

I'm getting the contract to sell sidewalk hotdogs outside WMS for this

Sincerely

Harry Rex Vonner
President and CEO
Harry Rex Vonner Ventures LLC

rzrbackramsfan

Jerrico Nelson got drafted somehwhere too.  I'm pretty psyched about this team.  If Greg Childs can get healthy he might be able to mount a career comeback through this league. 

OptimusHog

Marquel "b00bie" Wade was drafted in one of the late 40th rounds.

LZH

Quote from: OptimusHog on January 30, 2016, 07:46:09 pm
Marquel "b00bie" Wade was drafted in one of the late 40th rounds.

He has an attitude problem.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on January 30, 2016, 06:59:00 pm
I'm getting the contract to sell sidewalk hotdogs outside WMS for this

Sincerely

Harry Rex Vonner
President and CEO
Harry Rex Vonner Ventures LLC
My lawyers are already prepping paperwork to sue you for all matter of things.

HillBillyHogfan

Anyone know what round Vin Ascolese went in?
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

goodguytex

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on January 30, 2016, 11:02:19 pm
Anyone know what round Vin Ascolese went in?
He's going to work at HRV donut shop.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: goodguytex on January 31, 2016, 09:36:01 am

Not if theFlyingHog's lawsuit works out.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

bphi11ips

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 31, 2016, 09:51:39 am
Not if theFlyingHog's lawsuit works out.

I've agreed to defend Mr. Vonner pro bono.

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 31, 2016, 09:59:53 am

I thought he died in a skiing accident??

SooiecidetillNuttgone

LOL.

''If the glove don't fit, you gotta acquit.''
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

goodguytex

How does Sonny Bono factor into this? Is he going to provide entertainment at the donut shop?  ;D

goodguytex

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2016, 10:08:05 am
I thought he died in a skiing accident??
You have to admit, his ghost would be very entertaining at Harry Rex donut shop.

ricepig

Quote from: goodguytex on January 31, 2016, 10:10:19 am
You have to admit, his ghost would be very entertaining at Harry Rex donut shop.

Harry Rex's Donut Shop, "where a donut without a hole is a danish."

bphi11ips

January 31, 2016, 02:58:00 pm #38 Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:15:59 pm by bphi11ips
Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 31, 2016, 10:05:49 am
LOL.

''If the glove don't fit, you gotta acquit.''

Mr. Vonner has been charged with night putting. 

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

IronHog

Joe Adams......poster child of why you play DB if you don't have great hands and want an NFL career.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 30, 2016, 08:02:47 pm
My lawyers are already prepping paperwork to sue you for all matter of things.

>:(

BPsTheMan

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on January 28, 2016, 09:05:27 pm
Gruden
I just knew that if we all had faith and kept the prayers going we'd finally get ole Johnnie boy to get back into coaching. I know, I know...Gruden's been doing some Sunday night NFL games but all the "tie signal" guessing by all the viewers just has to have paid off some day. Perhaps this IS IT!!!!Wooooooooooooooooooo........

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on January 29, 2016, 10:59:08 pm
I'm thinking about opening a donut shop
Won't that interfere with your Latin American Youth Crusades and the goat farming ventures you've been promoting of late? Then again, you are "Mr. Wonderful" and a regular Warren Buffett in your own right. While we're on the subject....I've meaning to ask if I can borrow a couple of bucks just long enough to enter the next billion $ lottery which is bound to be right around the corner. I promise to pay you right back with all my winnings.   :P 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: goodguytex on January 31, 2016, 09:36:01 am
Most definitely! Right along Kane "the FLASH" Whitehurst.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: goodguytex on January 31, 2016, 10:09:01 am
How does Sonny Bono factor into this? Is he going to provide entertainment at the donut shop?  ;D
Only if he can solo on "I Got You Babe". Otherwise he and daughter Chaz (sp) can try to fake it. One thing that does bother me though: ole Sonny's been in the ground an awful long time. Apparently his voice has gone dead.  :-\  :-*

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2016, 10:18:22 am
Harry Rex's Donut Shop, "where a donut without a hole is a danish."
Does one HAVE to speak Danish? I hear the Germans and Italians make some pretty good pastries too. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Well, I see this thread didn't disintegrate quickly.
His response to me:

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 31, 2016, 10:12:37 pm
Well, I see this thread didn't disintegrate quickly.
On HV things never disintegrate quickly enough ;) 8)