Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 NFL Mock Draft

Started by HogWildBison2011, January 24, 2016, 11:42:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

Shows Hunter Henry going to the Steelers with the 25th pick. Take it for what you will! Also a good HH highlight video
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/lance-zierlein/275603

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV5uBnO9pyo

ChitownHawg

That could also be a BA highlight reel. Showed his escape ability and accurate arm. I'm going to miss those two. And no Henry Heave without AC.  :razorback:

I wonder if the Bears could draft all three? I know I know, but I can dream.  8)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

VictoryRedChevy

As a Steeler fan, obviously, that'd be a great pick.

Heath Miller is still productive, but getting up there in years.

jackflash

if any team needs a TE he the one they should Choose

hawginbigd1

My gut tells me that with the 36th pick in the draft, The Dallas Cowboys select......HH TE Arkansas!

wholehog92

2/3 of the front page mock drafts on NFLdotcom show him going at 25 to the Steelers.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-mockdraft

LOL, you know my Bears are struggling when all three show a different defensive position.

I think Hargreaves is the most elite of the three they show and our biggest need.  The other two show him not being available though.

A'SHAWN ROBINSON
DTAlabama

REGGIE RAGLAND
ILBAlabama

VERNON HARGREAVES
CBFlorida

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

The NewEra

With all of Henry's skillset along with his character and work ethic I don't see him making it out of the first round.  He has Velcro for hands.

greenEGnHAWGS

Man, I hate the Steelers but I'm not going to lie...HH lining up along side Brown, Wheaton, and Bryant with Big Ben throwing it would be pretty awesome...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Whiskeyhog

From the sports radio up here in Wisconsin, the Packers are really high on Hunter as well.  They are in need of a tight end.   Their offense is difficult enough and not having a reliable tight end makes it harder.  The Packers wouldn't take him in the first if he was there, but if he fell to the 2nd and was available they would grab him. 

Phatasshog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 25, 2016, 05:43:13 am
That could also be a BA highlight reel. Showed his escape ability and accurate arm. I'm going to miss those two. And no Henry Heave without AC.  :razorback:

I wonder if the Bears could draft all three? I know I know, but I can dream.  8)

As a huge Bears fan I wish that would come true.

phadedhawg

Seahawks  don't need a TE but I'd sure love to see him up here

Biggus Piggus

Real test of the "new" Raiders: Do they take Nkemdiche, or do they not?
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

The guy who has Elliott going at No. 10 to the Giants might be a little questionable. He also has the Texans drafting a wide receiver instead of a running back.

Anyway, notice that only one of the three expects two running backs to be selected in the first round. The other two have just one.

I've looked at a lot of these. They pretty much all expect the Giants, Texans, Cowboys and Titans to take running backs somewhere in the first two rounds. Beyond them, they don't list RB as a high priority for any other team.
[CENSORED]!

supersaint

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 25, 2016, 04:33:17 pm
Real test of the "new" Raiders: Do they take Nkemdiche, or do they not?

I wouldn't. The guy doesn't play hard.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Hogwild

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 25, 2016, 04:28:00 pm
Seahawks  don't need a TE but I'd sure love to see him up here

Not so sure about that- Graham is owed $9 million next season coming off of a major injury.  It cost the Seahawks nothing to cut him.

From ESPN
QuoteWhat does the future hold for Jimmy Graham?

ESPN's Stephania Bell wrote an insightful post last month about Graham's difficult road to recovery from a ruptured patellar tendon, which is not an easy injury to come back from. Graham had 48 catches for 605 yards and two touchdowns in 11 games with the Seahawks. The offense averaged 31.2 points per game in the final five regular-season games without Graham, showing it can be prolific even if the superstar tight end is not on the field. He carries a cap hit of $9 million in 2016, and none of that is guaranteed. Coach Pete Carroll has gone on record saying that Graham will be an important part of the team going forward, but it's possible that the Seahawks will decide the money they've allocated to him could be better used elsewhere.

Two starters on the offensive line -- left tackle Russell Okung and right guard J.R. Sweezy -- are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents. The same goes for veteran wide receiver Jermaine Kearse. On defense, three of the starters in the front seven -- defensive tackles Brandon Mebane and Ahtyba Rubin, along with linebacker/defensive end Bruce Irvin -- are also no longer under contract

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 25, 2016, 04:38:08 pm
The guy who has Elliott going at No. 10 to the Giants might be a little questionable. He also has the Texans drafting a wide receiver instead of a running back.

Anyway, notice that only one of the three expects two running backs to be selected in the first round. The other two have just one.

I've looked at a lot of these. They pretty much all expect the Giants, Texans, Cowboys and Titans to take running backs somewhere in the first two rounds. Beyond them, they don't list RB as a high priority for any other team.

Giants really need to work on its defense.  Texans need to look at RB unless foster can get healthy and stay healthy.  Cowboys really need to find a qb to sit and hopefully replace romo in a couple of years. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

cypert2

Quote from: supersaint on January 25, 2016, 04:56:17 pm
I wouldn't. The guy doesn't play hard.
That might have gone over your head. :)
Swinging on the two and the four.

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Cassperr

I think the cowboys should keep DMAC. Take a RB next year in the RB filled draft and draft a QB, TE first two rounds this year. Romo and Witten are getting older.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Cassperr on January 26, 2016, 10:03:46 pm
I think the cowboys should keep DMAC. Take a RB next year in the RB filled draft and draft a QB, TE first two rounds this year. Romo and Witten are getting older.
Hey get out of my head! ;D exactly what I have been thinking since the season torpedoed! All except I think there will be an AC or similarly talented backs available in the 3rd and 4th rounds to be had!

That's why I think Goff or Wentz from NDSU is Dallas first pick and I really believe HH will be there at the top of the 2nd round, they may not take him but I would! Witten has lost that step that he couldn't afford to lose, he can't get open anymore!

Also HH is almost carbon copy of what I remember about a young Vol TE so many years ago!

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on January 25, 2016, 12:20:40 pm
From the sports radio up here in Wisconsin, the Packers are really high on Hunter as well.  They are in need of a tight end.   Their offense is difficult enough and not having a reliable tight end makes it harder.  The Packers wouldn't take him in the first if he was there, but if he fell to the 2nd and was available they would grab him.
Ted Thompson's draft strategy is draft the best available player unless in desperate need of a key position. The Packers have been eyeing Reggie Ragland but if he and most of the big name linebackers go HH could end up there.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 26, 2016, 11:26:32 pm
Ted Thompson's draft strategy is draft the best available player unless in desperate need of a key position. The Packers have been eyeing Reggie Ragland but if he and most of the big name linebackers go HH could end up there.

Cowboys Network said Pack was taking close look at JWill. They aren't happy with Lacy's off season attitude.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 27, 2016, 08:46:48 am
Cowboys Network said Pack was taking close look at JWill. They aren't happy with Lacy's off season attitude.

That would be cool, Packers haven't drafted a hog rb since Jessie Clark.  At the same time it could be motivation for Lacy since this is his the last year of his rookie contract or they are looking to replace James Starke because of his age. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 26, 2016, 11:26:32 pm

The Packers do draft well but the effect of how the chips have fallen in the aforementioned strategy is really showing on the oline. They need to invest there either through draft of free agency. Say what you will about Fat Eddie, that oline did no better, in fact probably worse, of a job blocking for him than they did for Rogers and they really struggled protecting Rogers.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

a0ashle

The pack need another TE, they took Richard Rodgers from Cal 2 years ago, but are still desperately needing a replacement for Jermichael Finley in the passing game. Also the Pack tend to run 2 TEs a lot. They may not end up with him, but if they did that would make my day.

a0ashle

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 27, 2016, 10:56:20 am
The Packers do draft well but the effect of how the chips have fallen in the aforementioned strategy is really showing on the oline. They need to invest there either through draft of free agency. Say what you will about Fat Eddie, that oline did no better, in fact probably worse, of a job blocking for him than they did for Rogers and they really struggled protecting Rogers.

Their O-line couldn't stay healthy, they can get depth in rounds 2-5... overall PFF had them at 7th best...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/20/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: a0ashle on January 27, 2016, 11:03:27 am
The pack need another TE, they took Richard Rodgers from Cal 2 years ago, but are still desperately needing a replacement for Jermichael Finley in the passing game. Also the Pack tend to run 2 TEs a lot. They may not end up with him, but if they did that would make my day.

The way Rogers passes and the way HH catches they could be a very dangerous combo.  With Nelson as deep threat and Cobb underneath a lot of one on one with safety or linebackers for HH.  I could see him in the pro bowl with the offense. 

a0ashle

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on January 27, 2016, 11:15:46 am
The way Rogers passes and the way HH catches they could be a very dangerous combo.  With Nelson as deep threat and Cobb underneath a lot of one on one with safety or linebackers for HH.  I could see him in the pro bowl with the offense.

When Nelson went down, we lost our boundary receiver who would normally take pressure off the middle of the field. Cobb ended up being the main focus of any defense and we couldn't find anything open in the middle. HH would eat that up all day. I talked to some other packer fans and they aren't big fans of HH because they don't think he has YAC ability(I disagree, the highlight video above shows it)... I also think they are still butt hurt about Bielema leaving Wiscy at the altar.

a0ashle

I think HH will be very close to Gronk in style and effectiveness...

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: a0ashle on January 27, 2016, 11:53:36 am

I LOVE HH...but there's not anyone in the league that can come close to Gronk. The man is a freak of nature with his size and speed.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

I think HH will be much closer to a Tyler Eifert type effectiveness...which is still top level.

Whiskeyhog

I also think they are still butt hurt about Bielema leaving Wiscy at the altar.
[/quote]

Yeah, they are.  We stole their coach according to them.  No he chose to come to Arkansas.  But when he didn't win a rose bowl they couldn't get rid of him fast enough. 

I can see HH being a Jason Witten type of tight end.  I honestly hope he lands with the Packers and he would have a great 6-8 years with Rogers.  If not I want to see him with a pro style QB. 

Smalltownhog95

Our Offensive line (I'm a Green Bay fan as much as I am a hog fan) has been thin every year. Rodgers takes a beating every year because injuries wind up taking an already shaky line and making it worse. I think Lacy rebounds and has a great year and contrary to popular belief, I think getting Jordy Nelson back with Janis, Abby, and Adams showing some improvement leaves us in good shape. I think theyll take a  linebacker or tight end depending on who the best available is.

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 27, 2016, 02:38:03 pm
Our Offensive line (I'm a Green Bay fan as much as I am a hog fan) has been thin every year. Rodgers takes a beating every year because injuries wind up taking an already shaky line and making it worse. I think Lacy rebounds and has a great year and contrary to popular belief, I think getting Jordy Nelson back with Janis, Abby, and Adams showing some improvement leaves us in good shape. I think theyll take a  linebacker or tight end depending on who the best available is.

HH, Jwill and Treteola to the Packers, I can live with that.  Addresses all needs. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on January 27, 2016, 03:01:18 pm
HH, Jwill and Treteola to the Packers, I can live with that.  Addresses all needs.
:puke: NOOOOOOO! ;D

Smalltownhog95

Don't get my hopes up ;D

WooPig90

HH, Jwill and Treteola to the Packers Cowboys, I can live with that.  Addresses all needs.

FIFY

ChitownHawg

HH, Jwill and Treteola to the Packers Cowboys Bears, I can live with that.  Addresses all needs.

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 28, 2016, 01:10:57 pm
FIFY

FIFY ONE  ;)

wholehog92

Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 28, 2016, 02:30:07 pm
FIFY ONE  ;)

Ummm.  Not even close to addressing all the Bears needs.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

bennyl08

Make that the seahawks and I'm sold.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HiggiePiggy

Heh. Bears big problems are on the defensive side of the ball. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 28, 2016, 08:45:48 pm
Heh. Bears big problems are on the defensive side of the ball.

Hey! Quit selling my Bears short. They have problems on both sides of the ball.  ;)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: wholehog92 on January 28, 2016, 04:25:01 pm

Ummm. Never said it would. But at least I could tolerate watching them.  ;D

alohawg

Cowboys need to dump Escobar and draft Hunter as heir to Witten.....and pick up Collins in the 3rd.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: alohawg on January 29, 2016, 01:16:27 am
Cowboys need to dump Escobar and draft Hunter as heir to Witten.....and pick up Collins in the 3rd.

Might as well draft Allen too, seems that is the only way Hunter would get the ball, since Romo is always hurt. 

wholehog92

HH, Jwill and Treteola to the Packers Cowboys Bears, I can live with that. Addresses all needs.   
Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 28, 2016, 02:30:07 pm
FIFY ONE  ;)
Quote from: wholehog92 on January 28, 2016, 04:25:01 pm
Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 28, 2016, 09:06:23 pm
Ummm. Never said it would. But at least I could tolerate watching them.  ;D

Mayhap I got confused.

alohawg

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on January 29, 2016, 07:44:17 am
Might as well draft Allen too, seems that is the only way Hunter would get the ball, since Romo is always hurt. 

I think Allen played great the last half of the season. That said, I would only want him as a late rounder, potential back up for now. This Wentz kid has peeked my interest lately after looking at his highlights, he's 6'6", strong arm, accurate and mobile.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ShadowHawg

Quote from: a0ashle on January 27, 2016, 11:53:36 am

I am thinking Whitten.

AirForceHog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 29, 2016, 04:13:10 pm
I am thinking Whitten.

I agree with this. Witten is the best comparison.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: wholehog92 on January 29, 2016, 10:46:20 am

Mayhap I got confused.

Dude don't try confusing me. Nor expect me to remember what I write.  ;)