Brandon Allen

Started by Pig In The City, January 24, 2016, 07:42:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 26, 2016, 06:02:44 pm
Check this out . . .

https://twitter.com/OptimumScouting

Eric Galko @OptimumScouting

Based off eye test so far, #Arkansas's Brandon Allen has best velocity of South QBs.Tight spin,plus-placement/velocity on slants #SeniorBowl
2:11 PM - 26 Jan 2016

. . . and . . .

Eric Galko @OptimumScouting

#SeniorBowl South Practice Day 1 "Winners": #Arkansas QB Allen, #Baylor WR Lee, #LSU CB Mills, #Louisville DT Rankins and #Clemson DT Reader
3:02 PM - 26 Jan 2016

And, from what I saw at the senior bowl those 8.5" hands did pretty well!

OPoraquê

Wilson threw for around 40 yards when he played in the Senior Bowl a few years ago, about 1/3 of what BA did.

Saw where the NFL draft site is comparing Allen to Case Keenum.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: scruf on January 24, 2016, 11:28:06 am
They are the very opposite of quirky. They use a fairly scientific process to choose the prospects that give them the best odds of winning games. Too much money is at stake for the NFL to be quirky about anything. The bottom line is that the things enabling a player to win the Heisman playing QB in college aren't necessarily going to translate to him helping a team win the Super Bowl in the NFL.

I would say some teams use a scientific method to choose QBs. The ones that don't draft Leaf, Johnny Football, Young, etc... Plenty of fails on QBs coming from some teams who seem to fail as an NFL team as a whole.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

westside_player

Quote from: King Kong on January 24, 2016, 09:38:19 am
Well, the rumors were Wilson struggled pick up on the offenses.

I read somewhere on here I think, that Tyler Wilson wasn't very smart. I wonder if BA is smarter than TW

root_hawg

He threw for 106 yards but 40 of those came on two dump downs that the Rbs turned into bigger gains.  Too short and hands to small, may make a scout team.

southarkhog06

Quote from: root_hawg on February 01, 2016, 01:05:49 pm
He threw for 106 yards but 40 of those came on two dump downs that the Rbs turned into bigger gains.  Too short and hands to small, may make a scout team.
which NFL team do you work for again?

root_hawg

Saints and prior to that the 49ers

WizardofhOgZ

BA and Tretola getting a lot of props in this article.  Scroll down and read it all, as it lists several categories for the players at the Senior Bowl, and both those guys are mentioned in multiple categories.  Got to say that I agree a lot with what this guys' takes are, having not only watched the game, but also the 3 NFL Network Practice shows in the week before.

https://n.rivals.com/news/senior-bowl-awards

hoglady

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 01, 2016, 03:05:04 pm
BA and Tretola getting a lot of props in this article.  Scroll down and read it all, as it lists several categories for the players at the Senior Bowl, and both those guys are mentioned in multiple categories.  Got to say that I agree a lot with what this guys' takes are, having not only watched the game, but also the 3 NFL Network Practice shows in the week before.

https://n.rivals.com/news/senior-bowl-awards

Thanks for posting.
BA helped himself a lot at the Senior Bowl.
The physical concerns are there - I think he showed to a lot of the scouts he can overcome them.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

OPoraquê

Quote from: hoglady on February 01, 2016, 04:03:45 pm
Thanks for posting.
BA helped himself a lot at the Senior Bowl.
The physical concerns are there - I think he showed to a lot of the scouts he can overcome them.

"Bull market", "Poise under pressure", "Rocket arm".  3 good "awards categories" to be in.

Short of winning a few more games (and that's key) the kid did about all he could do this season.

Justagp

Quote from: OPoraquê on February 01, 2016, 05:34:24 pm
"Bull market", "Poise under pressure", "Rocket arm".  3 good "awards categories" to be in.

Short of winning a few more games (and that's key) the kid did about all he could do this season.

Indeed!  :razorback: