Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OT: weather report

Started by hobhog, January 22, 2016, 12:32:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Little Rock- Sleet turned to snow around 10. Still coming down and roads are brutal...

hoglady

Snow is beautiful. 5 to 6 inches and still coming down.
Thankful I still have power.
Kids are going to have fun today!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

proffitthog

eyeballing about 6 inches in Cabot

goodguytex

Nothing but rain last night in Texarkana.

Jackrabbit Hog

Pretty disappointing in Memphis (or at least northeast of Memphis where I live).  We were supposed to get 3 to 5 inches (some forecasters said 4 to 6), and right now we have less than an inch - really just barely covering the ground - and it looks like it's about over.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

proffitthog

SemperHawg

Nothing in NWA, but the windchill was a balmy 13 this morning!

hogsanity

As usual here in FS, nothing ( nothing was predicted so they got it right this time )  We almost always get to see it miss us just north west, around Tulsa, due north around Fayetteville, or just east like today. We get low clouds and an east wind.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

gmarv

notta thing in mena.don,t know whether to be sad or glad?

DoctorSusscrofa

About 2 or less in west El Dorado.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Oklahawg

Ready for the spring thaw in Metro Tulsa.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: gmarv on January 22, 2016, 09:40:49 am
notta thing in mena.don,t know whether to be sad or glad?

I guess the smugglers are glad if the airstrip is clear...
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hoglady

One good snowfall a year is enough for me.
Now ready for spring!!
I hate cold weather - but got to say it was pretty nice out this morning with my dogs or one dog I should say. One started out the back door then turned and ran to her kennel so she wouldn't have to go out.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 22, 2016, 08:07:49 am
Pretty disappointing in Memphis (or at least northeast of Memphis where I live).  We were supposed to get 3 to 5 inches (some forecasters said 4 to 6), and right now we have less than an inch - really just barely covering the ground - and it looks like it's about over.

The public weather broadcasters and forecasters in Memphis are the WORST of any anywhere I've ever lived. The best one's in town work for a logistics company. Some little outfit named FedEx.............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 22, 2016, 02:59:36 pm
The public weather broadcasters and forecasters in Memphis are the WORST of any anywhere I've ever lived. The best one's in town work for a logistics company. Some little outfit named FedEx.............

They were pushing it on the weather channel too, it was not just the locals. Actually the forecast was pretty accurate for most of the eastern 1/2 of AR, western Tn and Northern MS.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 22, 2016, 03:21:56 pm
They were pushing it on the weather channel too, it was not just the locals. Actually the forecast was pretty accurate for most of the eastern 1/2 of AR, western Tn and Northern MS.

??  We were supposed to get 3-5 inches and we got what amounts to a dusting.  I wouldn't call that accurate.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 22, 2016, 03:31:28 pm
??  We were supposed to get 3-5 inches and we got what amounts to a dusting.  I wouldn't call that accurate.
I think this was before tOSU won their's.

https://twitter.com/DChandleyFOX5/status/690630956802273284

hogsanity

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 22, 2016, 03:31:28 pm

The last thing I saw on TWC last night about 9pm was showing 3-6 from just west of LR going East and 1-2 in and around Memphis. Maybe it changed after that, but that was what I saw. Now Wed they were saying 3-5 in Memphis, so yea they blew that big time.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 22, 2016, 03:37:24 pm
The last thing I saw on TWC last night about 9pm was showing 3-6 from just west of LR going East and 1-2 in and around Memphis. Maybe it changed after that, but that was what I saw. Now Wed they were saying 3-5 in Memphis, so yea they blew that big time.

I'm sure you saw it like that somewhere and I saw it like I saw it somewhere else.  It ain't like they're all in agreement all the time.  But when I last checked at about 11:00 p.m. last night, weather.com was still calling for 3-5 inches.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 22, 2016, 03:42:54 pm
I'm sure you saw it like that somewhere and I saw it like I saw it somewhere else.  It ain't like they're all in agreement all the time.  But when I last checked at about 11:00 p.m. last night, weather.com was still calling for 3-5 inches.

Yep. The local channels and broadcasters were WAY off as they are a lot of times in Memphis for some reason. Also they are the worst at sensationalizing the weather. IF it is suppose to get just one inch of rain they act as if it's going to be the great flood and we all need to build an ark. If it is suppose to be 95% in the middle of summer they act as if Memphis is on the planet Mercury and scorched by the Sun. It's uncanny.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 24, 2016, 09:23:42 am
Yep. The local channels and broadcasters were WAY off as they are a lot of times in Memphis for some reason. Also they are the worst at sensationalizing the weather. IF it is suppose to get just one inch of rain they act as if it's going to be the great flood and we all need to build an ark. If it is suppose to be 95% in the middle of summer they act as if Memphis is on the planet Mercury and scorched by the Sun. It's uncanny.
Nobody sensationalized like the Weather Channel, it's all they've got to sell. The go as far as naming winter storms, and Cantore, well, he's off the charts...

SA Hog Fan

Well, here in Maryland I got 30 inches. My Z71 made it 6 feet out of the driveway before getting stuck. Surfing the Internet until the plows get to my neighborhood...