Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chrome helmets could make appearance at Senior Bowl

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, January 21, 2016, 06:19:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Those cool chrome helmets may get more air-time at the Senior Bowl. Great advertising for the Hogs.

A trio of Razorbacks - quarterback Brandon Allen, offensive lineman Sebastian Tretola and running back Jonathan Williams - could wear the alternate helmet or the traditional one in the Senior Bowl on Jan. 30.

"We sent both, they get to decide #Choices," the Arkansas football equipment staff said in a tweet Wednesday.

If they opt for the cardinal chrome, it will be the second time they've been used in game action, as Arkansas wore them in its 45-23 win over Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl earlier this month.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jan/20/chrome-helmets-could-make-appearance-senior-bowl/
Go Hogs Go!

TXArcher

younghog

GO HOGS

TDHawgs

Bowfishinghogfan

Am I the only one who prefers the old school red and white. I wish we would quit tinkering with jerseys and helmets.

RazrRila99

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on January 21, 2016, 09:02:25 am
Am I the only one who prefers the old school red and white. I wish we would quit tinkering with jerseys and helmets.

While I agree with this thought, I actually dont mind the chrome hats.  Especially for bowl games and in instances like this.  Just something different. 

oldman1015

I am 51 and consider myself old school. I love the chrome helmet.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

lumphog

DiamondHogFan

Looks like you are the only one.  ;)

ricepig

Dwight_K_Shrute

Pope Francis likes them so much he created a new position at the Vatican:  Cardinal Chrome, Archbishop of Swagga.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Redhogs

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 21, 2016, 06:19:15 am
Those cool chrome helmets may get more air-time at the Senior Bowl. Great advertising for the Hogs.

A trio of Razorbacks - quarterback Brandon Allen, offensive lineman Sebastian Tretola and running back Jonathan Williams - could wear the alternate helmet or the traditional one in the Senior Bowl on Jan. 30.

"We sent both, they get to decide #Choices," the Arkansas football equipment staff said in a tweet Wednesday.

If they opt for the cardinal chrome, it will be the second time they've been used in game action, as Arkansas wore them in its 45-23 win over Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl earlier this month.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jan/20/chrome-helmets-could-make-appearance-senior-bowl/
These should be our PERMENANT  helmet...just awesome.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

welchog

Quote from: Redhogs on January 21, 2016, 10:09:03 am
These should be our PERMENANT  helmet...just awesome.
I'm 48 and totally agree.  I also think white with red hog on away games we wear white jerseys.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: RazrRila99 on January 21, 2016, 09:17:55 am
While I agree with this thought, I actually dont mind the chrome hats.  Especially for bowl games and in instances like this.  Just something different.

This.

I actually like the chrome quite a bit, but I prefer our regular (satin) helmets for "regular" wear.  For two reasons; one, I just like it better as an every day look; and, second, it would be great to cultivate a "big game" relationship with the chrome, kind of like Notre Dame has done for decades, trotting out the green jerseys every now and then - sometimes several years apart.

And, as noted, I think they make a very good recruiting tool, so the Senior Bowl is a perfect place for them to be worn.

duckman

That is one of the best looking helmets I have everything seen, and the recruits love them.  That should be our permanent helmet.

Boardon Hamsay

I like what the players, recruits, and staff like.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: welchog on January 21, 2016, 11:17:11 am
I'm 48 and totally agree.  I also think white with red hog on away games we wear white jerseys.

Shhhhhhhhhhh . . . if we focus really hard, and never mention them again . . . perhaps the failed white helmets will never been worn again . . .

Now . . . here's a shocker (for an old school guy like me) . . . I'd MUCH, MUCH rather see a silver chrome with a red hog than a white helmet like we "used to" have.  If we HAVE to wear something other than red (which is all we should ever wear, IMO).  I'd indulge a silver chrome from time to time.

Torqued pork

Tejano Jawg

January 21, 2016, 12:56:46 pm #18 Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:03:11 am by Tejano Jawg
Sweet. Honestly, I still prefer the normal gloss red helmet—over the matte red—for our regular helmet. I think it just makes the red look richer on TV.

But I love rolling out that chrome Christmas-ball red hat for special occasions like this one!

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

AugustaHog

I initially liked the matte helmets, but they are losing me now.  I'd prefer the regular gloss finish helmets with the chrome ones thrown in for a few games each year. 

Hambunctious

Everything is better in chrome.  Next we need silver chrome helmets with a red chrome hog.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

Tyro3

Love the Chrome helmets, and I am 75, been a Hog fan for 60 years, keep the Chrome!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tyro3 on January 21, 2016, 05:57:38 pm
Love the Chrome helmets, and I am 75, been a Hog fan for 60 years, keep the Chrome!

That is a good looking headgear.
Go Hogs Go!

The_Hog_Father

Am I the only one who prefers the old school red and white.

I wish we would quit tinkering with jerseys and helmets.

Yes.

THAT will never happen. Get over it.  :razorback:

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 21, 2016, 06:24:44 pm
Yes.

THAT will never happen. Get over it.  :razorback:

I like the throw-backs with the throw-back uniform and in fact, I wished that they could be our regular home/away(white for away) uniform. But these chrome helmets look pretty sweet and if recruits and the players like them, wear them by all means.
Go Hogs Go!

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 21, 2016, 06:35:36 pm
I like the throw-backs with the throw-back uniform and in fact, I wished that they could be our regular home/away(white for away) uniform. But these chrome helmets look pretty sweet and if recruits and the players like them, wear them by all means.

I loved those throw backs and agree completely. But that is some of that tinkering that bfhf was alarmed about...

It's all about the Brand and Marketing that Brand. A lot more goes into it than "tinkering". But I know that you know that MHF.  ;) :razorback:

LZH

If a kid is flaky enough to let a uniform determine where he goes to college, I'm not sure what kind of football player or student athlete he is going to be in the first place.

Having said that, I think they look damn good.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on January 21, 2016, 07:20:49 pm
If a kid is flaky enough to let a uniform determine where he goes to college, I'm not sure what kind of football player or student athlete he is going to be in the first place.

Remember back to being 18 and the girl with the big......

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on January 21, 2016, 07:20:49 pm

You're just jealous cause you don't have a swag-copter.  ;)

PorkRinds

ricepig

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2016, 07:22:19 pm
Remember back to being 18 and the girl with the big......

.......feet?

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 21, 2016, 07:26:37 pm
You're just jealous cause you don't have a swag-copter.  ;)

I am not even cool enough to know what the hell that is.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

clutch

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 21, 2016, 06:35:36 pm

That throwback uniform was my favorite one yet. Those were sweet. Wish we could find more occasions to wear them. Thought the chrome helmets were great as well. I'm definitely not one opposed to changing things up from time to time. I coach high school kids, so I see firsthand how important these types of things are. A lot of times their favorite teams are the teams that have the coolest uniform. Can't tell you how many Oregon fans I've coached the past 5 years that have never been west of the Arkansas border.

Hog1952

Dumb ole famrboy

I think the helmets look good but don't like the idea of the players wearing mirrors on their head. Look at the picture provided.

3kgthog

You hear people say that helmets and unis don't matter and that caring about such things is pointless. To that I say think about how you feel in a nice suit or when driving a nice car. Does it not make you more confident and/or comfortable? Sometimes confidence is the difference between success and failure. Frankly, I'll take any mental edge our program can get. We need the help to get to where we want to be.

reddogjcss

I like the Chrome Helmet but what ever they decide I'm all in.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: duckman on January 21, 2016, 12:49:41 pm
That is one of the best looking helmets I have everything seen, and the recruits love them.  That should be our permanent helmet.

Does Ms. Duck own a couple of them?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RedRock

Im so sick of boring people.

Locutus_of_Boar

Arkansas has experimented enough that I've gotten to where I like differing combinations:

For home and away vs both LSU and Missouri, I'd go with the all reds.  That seems to work well.

For Bama home & away I'd go with the 64 throwbacks (reds for home, whites for TTown):  Old style unis for old style football!

For conference road games I'd go with the Ice White look.

For non-conference road & bowl games as visitor, I'd go with the white's with the chrome-red helmets.

The Auburn game can be for experimenting, preferably something so garish it distracts both Gus and his latest Cam wannabee.

They need to develop a matching/complementary jersey before wearing the chrome-red helmets in RRS.

buldozer

I am always complaining when they mess with the uniforms or helmets wanting the traditional appearance but I have to say that helmet looks great! Go Hogs!

alohawg

Of all the different stuff they've done, most of which I dont care for, these helmets are by far the best.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc