Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From the Bench-Looking Ahead to What is in Store for Razorback Football

Started by Robert Shields, January 18, 2016, 11:13:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Shields

Looking Ahead to What is in Store for Razorback Football Next Season

Robert Shields

Now that the college football season is over, we look ahead for what is in store for the Razorbacks. Much like this past season, the schedule is not kind as right off the bat the Razorbacks face an improved Louisiana Tech and then perennial power TCU.

The Razorbacks got off to a slow start this season and had devastating losses to Toledo and Texas Tech out of the conference. The Hog faithful have to hope that history does not repeat itself and that the team gets off to a strong start, but that has not been the trend under Bret Bielema.

If the team should beat Louisiana Tech and TCU, the Razorbacks could easily roll to a 5-0 start before facing an Alabama team that is going to have to rebuild, which has not really been an issue as of late for the Tide.

The Razorbacks get to drop an improving Tennessee program but get to add a tough Florida team. Why can't the Razorbacks ever add Kentucky, Vanderbilt, or South Carolina to the schedule when those teams are in the dump?

If you want a positive, the Razorbacks face all the tougher teams such as Alabama, LSU, and Florida at home at Razorback Stadium.

But always more important than schedule is the players you bring back. The Razorbacks bring back a defense that will be virtually intact but the same defense that struggled against almost every team that it faced. It was a defense that could never get off the field and a defense that could never get a three and out.

It was a defense that was so bad that it led to an ultra-conservative Bielema going for a two-point conversion in overtime at Ole Miss instead of leaving it in the hands of the maligned defense.

The defense struggled all year to get pressure on opposing quarterbacks. It was a defense that never looked settled or secure in its nickel and dime packages when opposing teams went with multiple wide outs. The defense could not blitz from the corner or safety positions for fear of giving up a huge play.

The defense did have one strength, though. It could stop the run.

The Razorbacks will need the experience of the defense to emerge early in the season against Louisiana Tech and TCU as the offense has to rebuild. The defense will need to give the offense a chance to grow after it lost much of its production in Brandon Allen, Alex Collins, and Hunter Henry.

This team can overcome the loss of Henry with Jeremy Sprinkle and the host of players waiting in the wings. Collins will be missed not only for his running but his blocking. You can lay a bet now, the running back that will get on the field for the Razorbacks next season is the guy who will block. Kody Walker, if he returns, fits that bill.

As for the newcomers, they won't see much action unless they can protect their quarterback. With a new starting quarterback, Bielema is not going to jeopardize him with a new kid who doesn't protect no matter how fast he can run the 40.

Many freshman running backs have never had to block a linebacker of SEC quality in their life, and it's a daunting task. Further, the plays designed around the running back blocking and then going out don't work unless you can sell the block.

The offensive line has to be retooled and will be, but all the more reason that the new starting running back better be able to block. I bring all this up because the recruiting talk has been feverish over potential new running backs. Again, it won't matter unless they can block.

Three years ago, Bielema recruited his first class, and on the offensive side it paid huge dividends with the likes of Collins, Henry, Denver Kirkland, and Dan Skipper. Most are now gone, but the team next year starts to become an all Bielema-recruited team. We can all just hope that the guys who have been waiting in the wings are just as good or better.

Left off this list is the execution of the special teams, which some will argue should happen.

Send your look ahead to fromthebench@yahoo.com.

bphi11ips

La Tech loses Jeff Driskel, Kenneth Dixon and another dozen senior starters.  TCU is not a perennial power.  They're an up and down program on a good run because of Gary Patterson a favorable location.  They lose more than the Hogs, also.

College Game Day in Fayetteville October 8.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ricepig

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Robert Shields on January 18, 2016, 11:13:47 am

Robert Shields

If you want a positive, the Razorbacks face all the tougher teams such as Alabama, LSU, and Florida at home at Razorback Stadium.

As usual, Robert, you forgot one of the positives... Olepiss at home.

urkillnmesmalls

"I hope we're out recruiting the best blocking running back in the country, no matter how slow he is, or how many moves he doesn't have."   

Said,

Nobody Ever

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

lutherheggs

I have not posted any but would like to comment on this topic.

In the Bielema era, the Razorbacks:

A. have not played the first half of any season well and;
B. have not had a very good defense and;
C: have had mostly very poor performing special teams units.

Until Coach B can show fans differently, I do not see any reason to begin next season with an expectation of a much different start to the season or a vastly improved defense or special teams units. Additionally, the Razorbacks under Bielema play better on the road than at home, right?

The following is worth what you have to pay for it:

Start the season with a close win over La Tech at home;
Lose on the road to TCU. Hogs improved but probably not to TCU's level yet;
Win vs. A&M...no teams beats the Razorbacks 5 years in a row! (except Alabama)
Losses at home to Alabama and Ole Miss. I can't remember last time the Razorbacks beat Alabama and while it will probably be close, Alabama knows how to beat the Razorbacks, whether home or away. OM should have won this year but did not get the breaks.
Win @ Auburn
Win vs Fla...Fla not that good and this will be the one home SEC game the Razorbacks win.
Loss vs. LSU
Win @ a Prescott-less Miss St
Win @ Missouri

That another strong finish, winning 5 of last 6 games to go 8-4 and 5-3 in SEC. A one win improvement over last season with same SEC result as this past year.

Disagree with the above at your leisure.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 18, 2016, 12:33:25 pm
I have not posted any but would like to comment on this topic.

In the Bielema era, the Razorbacks:

A. have not played the first half of any season well and;
B. have not had a very good defense and;
C: have had mostly very poor performing special teams units.

Until Coach B can show fans differently, I do not see any reason to begin next season with an expectation of a much different start to the season or a vastly improved defense or special teams units. Additionally, the Razorbacks under Bielema play better on the road than at home, right?

The following is worth what you have to pay for it:

Start the season with a close win over La Tech at home;
Lose on the road to TCU. Hogs improved but probably not to TCU's level yet;
Win vs. A&M...no teams beats the Razorbacks 5 years in a row! (except Alabama)
Losses at home to Alabama and Ole Miss. I can't remember last time the Razorbacks beat Alabama and while it will probably be close, Alabama knows how to beat the Razorbacks, whether home or away. OM should have won this year but did not get the breaks.
Win @ Auburn
Win vs Fla...Fla not that good and this will be the one home SEC game the Razorbacks win.
Loss vs. LSU
Win @ a Prescott-less Miss St
Win @ Missouri

That another strong finish, winning 5 of last 6 games to go 8-4 and 5-3 in SEC. A one win improvement over last season with same SEC result as this past year.

Disagree with the above at your leisure.

The 2014 defense was pretty stout partner.  They ranked pretty high nationally, but I can't recall where.  Also, there was nothing after the 2013 season to indicate we would field a stout defense in 2014, and I'm hoping the same holds true next season and we see dramatic improvement with all of the players we have returning. 

TCU loses a LOT more than we do.  I'm not sure what they have waiting in the wings, so it's hard to say how we should fare, but I think we'll have a great shot at them. 

Also...we have owned LSU, and what makes you think they're going to improve by leaps and bounds next season?  Is there a QB we're unaware of who can actually play?   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ricepig

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 18, 2016, 12:43:34 pm
The 2014 defense was pretty stout partner.  They ranked pretty high nationally, but I can't recall where.  Also, there was nothing after the 2013 season to indicate we would field a stout defense in 2014, and I'm hoping the same holds true next season and we see dramatic improvement with all of the players we have returning. 

TCU loses a LOT more than we do.  I'm not sure what they have waiting in the wings, so it's hard to say how we should fare, but I think we'll have a great shot at them. 

Also...we have owned LSU, and what makes you think they're going to improve by leaps and bounds next season?  Is there a QB we're unaware of who can actually play?   

We finished #10 in scoring at 19.2/game in 2014, that's out of 128, not conference.

elksnort

The day we actually beat Florida is when I will finally believe it.

yeah yeah, I know. We beat them in the Bluebonnet Bowl in 1982.

DeltaBoy

I expect us to win 8+ this fall due to all the New QB that will be in the West except for Ole Miss.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RussVegas Hawg

Alabama is the only team I have my doubts about. Feel like we have shown we can compete and beat all the others. And we've competed with Bama a lot better the last 2 years but, until we actually beat them I'll continue to have my doubts.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I don't pile on RS like most do, BUT....

A question for him:  Does our running back need to know how to block?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ricepig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 18, 2016, 01:36:04 pm
I don't pile on RS like most do, BUT....

A question for him:  Does our running back need to know how to block?

Ask the QB, instead.

scruf

I know I normally skip these but I read this one and wish I could unread it. That said, here's some general feedback: Stop writing. (Specific feedback is listed below)

Robert Shields

Now that the college football season is over, we look ahead for what is in store for the Razorbacks. Much like this past season, the schedule is not kind as right off the bat the Razorbacks face an improved Louisiana Tech and then perennial power TCU.

Tell me how La. Tech improves by losing Driskel and Dixon and 23 other seniors? Also, TCU is a perennial also-ran that loses their top three playmakers on offense (Doctson, Green, Boykin). This game will be a toss-up. Hogs will need to do what they always do: Stick to the script. That means ball control, limiting penalties and winning the turnover battle. Right off the bat there's nothing to see here.

The Razorbacks got off to a slow start this season and had devastating losses to Toledo and Texas Tech out of the conference. The Hog faithful have to hope that history does not repeat itself and that the team gets off to a strong start, but that has not been the trend under Bret Bielema.

The Toledo and Texas Tech losses were not as bad as the loss to Texas A&M because that's the loss that actually kept the Hogs out of a New Year's Day bowl. Think about it. No, longer than that. Now keep thinking. I also see where you haven't addressed injuries anywhere in this article so good job taking the coward's way out by not tackling the elephant in the room.

If the team should beat Louisiana Tech and TCU, the Razorbacks could easily roll to a 5-0 start before facing an Alabama team that is going to have to rebuild, which has not really been an issue as of late for the Tide.

I think you meant to say, "The team should beat Louisiana Tech and TCU and could easily roll to a 5-0 start before facing a reloading Alabama team." They don't rebuild. Like, ever.

The Razorbacks get to drop an improving Tennessee program but get to add a tough Florida team. Why can't the Razorbacks ever add Kentucky, Vanderbilt, or South Carolina to the schedule when those teams are in the dump?

Florida's tough? Says who, people who vote in polls? They are terrible. Imagine LSU but then put my daughter (18) at QB. I take that back. Apologies to my daughter. She could definitely do better than 8-17 for 122 yards in an overtime game with Florida Atlantic.

I say again: Florida Atlantic. Related: Do you even watch other teams play or do you just check the polls never mind I already know the answer.

So now LSU is tough as well. Will you still say that after the Hogs go 3-0 against Almighty Fournette again next year? You probably will, after all, derpers gonna derp.

But always more important than schedule is the players you bring back. The Razorbacks bring back a defense that will be virtually intact but the same defense that struggled against almost every team that it faced. It was a defense that could never get off the field and a defense that could never get a three and out.

Wait, "could never get a three and out"? Arkansas forced Alabama into three of them in that game alone and stopped two other drives by intercepting them. The Hogs also had a stretch in that game where they forced this year's National Champs to punt three times in a row. You know who else forced three three-and-outs against the Tide and also made them punt three times in a row? Clemson. You know what Clemson didn't do? Hold the Tide to 27 points.

We all know that Arkansas' defense really struggled against spread PASSING teams and most of us understand that depth had a lot to do with it. Most of us.

It was a defense that was so bad that it led to an ultra-conservative Bielema going for a two-point conversion in overtime at Ole Miss instead of leaving it in the hands of the maligned defense.

If you don't think that most coaches in the SEC would've done the same against the league's top total (518ypg) and scoring (40.8 ) offense then maybe you should watch intramural badminton instead because football is clearly, CLEARLY, not your game Bob.

The defense struggled all year to get pressure on opposing quarterbacks. It was a defense that never looked settled or secure in its nickel and dime packages when opposing teams went with multiple wide outs. The defense could not blitz from the corner or safety positions for fear of giving up a huge play.

Struggled all year or struggled most of the year? There's a pretty big difference. I notice that you waste a lot of time framing your "arguments" with absolutes as a way to force your audience to comply with your agenda. It's not working.

Back to football: I thought that when the defense knocked Brandon Harris on his tiger tail five times that they got to him pretty good. Hogs also sacked Missouri's QB three times and rushed twice as many throws. Again, "all" doesn't equal "most" but I also know that it doesn't fit this b!tch fit you keep posting on here every week and I'm not going to give you a pass on it. It's what Coach Robb Smith would want.

Also, the defense "would not" blitz the corners or safeties it's not that they "could not." Again, huge difference that I would never expect you to pick up on.

The defense did have one strength, though. It could stop the run.

Even a broken Shields is right twice a year.

The Razorbacks will need the experience of the defense to emerge early in the season against Louisiana Tech and TCU as the offense has to rebuild. The defense will need to give the offense a chance to grow after it lost much of its production in Brandon Allen, Alex Collins, and Hunter Henry.

Wow. You are really scared of La. Tech and TCU. May I recommend Ativan or possibly Xanax? Good grief.

This team can overcome the loss of Henry with Jeremy Sprinkle and the host of players waiting in the wings. Collins will be missed not only for his running but his blocking. You can lay a bet now, the running back that will get on the field for the Razorbacks next season is the guy who will block. Kody Walker, if he returns, fits that bill.

Kody Walker is returning. Hey Bob, your casual fandom is showing. Let me go ahead and tuck that back in for you.

As for the newcomers, they won't see much action unless they can protect their quarterback. With a new starting quarterback, Bielema is not going to jeopardize him with a new kid who doesn't protect no matter how fast he can run the 40.

Coach Bielema, on behalf of coaches everywhere, says, "Thanks Robert, we'll take it from here."

Many freshman running backs have never had to block a linebacker of SEC quality in their life, and it's a daunting task. Further, the plays designed around the running back blocking and then going out don't work unless you can sell the block.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Coach Robert Shields.

The offensive line has to be retooled and will be, but all the more reason that the new starting running back better be able to block. I bring all this up because the recruiting talk has been feverish over potential new running backs. Again, it won't matter unless they can block.

Have you watched a cut-up of Whaley missing block after block? If not then WTH are you on about, I'd love to know.

Three years ago, Bielema recruited his first class, and on the offensive side it paid huge dividends with the likes of Collins, Henry, Denver Kirkland, and Dan Skipper. Most are now gone, but the team next year starts to become an all Bielema-recruited team. We can all just hope that the guys who have been waiting in the wings are just as good or better.

"Most are now gone" Most of who, the starters? They are? I see that you conveniently left off the following:

Brooks Ellis
DJ Dean
Tevin Beanum
Drew Morgan
Kevin Richardson

Throw in Dan Skipper and that's, what, like six starters out of the nine seniors-to-be who would be starters. If that's your definition of "most" then I'd hate to see your definition of "least."

Also, a lot of the players who are "waiting in the wings" are not waiting at all. Have you looked at the depth chart? (You didn't) It is littered with SO, RS-FR and FR who contributed in a big way this year. (Why do I bother?)

Left off this list is the execution of the special teams, which some will argue should happen.

You can't say that you're leaving something off the list and then list it. It doesn't work that way.

Send your look ahead to fromthebench@yahoo.com.

Great job Robert! You are that much closer to that elusive Pulitzer. I can feel it. Here's a Batman gif for your troubles:

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HOGGISHABOUTAR

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:

PonderinHog

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

zane

RIP LSUfan

nwahogfan1

Fair assessment.  I hope we come out swinging this year and not take the 1st half of the season off.  Defense has to be much better to help our offense get settled.  Last year we out scored teams but next year we better hold teams hopefully in the mid to lower 20s.

Hoping for a 8-5 or better record again.

longpig

Country Stylz

We struggle with a 9-4 record next year then the program takes off from there.

GuvHog

Quote from: scruf on January 18, 2016, 01:42:52 pm
I know I normally skip these but I read this one and wish I could unread it. That said, here's some general feedback: Stop writing. (Specific feedback is listed below)

Tell me how La. Tech improves by losing Driskel and Dixon and 23 other seniors? Also, TCU is a perennial also-ran that loses their top three playmakers on offense (Doctson, Green, Boykin). This game will be a toss-up. Hogs will need to do what they always do: Stick to the script. That means ball control, limiting penalties and winning the turnover battle. Right off the bat there's nothing to see here.

The Toledo and Texas Tech losses were not as bad as the loss to Texas A&M because that's the loss that actually kept the Hogs out of a New Year's Day bowl. Think about it. No, longer than that. Now keep thinking. I also see where you haven't addressed injuries anywhere in this article so good job taking the coward's way out by not tackling the elephant in the room.

I think you meant to say, "The team should beat Louisiana Tech and TCU and could easily roll to a 5-0 start before facing a reloading Alabama team." They don't rebuild. Like, ever.

Florida's tough? Says who, people who vote in polls? They are terrible. Imagine LSU but then put my daughter (18) at QB. I take that back. Apologies to my daughter. She could definitely do better than 8-17 for 122 yards in an overtime game with Florida Atlantic.

I say again: Florida Atlantic. Related: Do you even watch other teams play or do you just check the polls never mind I already know the answer.

So now LSU is tough as well. Will you still say that after the Hogs go 3-0 against Almighty Fournette again next year? You probably will, after all, derpers gonna derp.

Wait, "could never get a three and out"? Arkansas forced Alabama into three of them in that game alone and stopped two other drives by intercepting them. The Hogs also had a stretch in that game where they forced this year's National Champs to punt three times in a row. You know who else forced three three-and-outs against the Tide and also made them punt three times in a row? Clemson. You know what Clemson didn't do? Hold the Tide to 27 points.

We all know that Arkansas' defense really struggled against spread PASSING teams and most of us understand that depth had a lot to do with it. Most of us.

If you don't think that most coaches in the SEC would've done the same against the league's top total (518ypg) and scoring (40.8 ) offense then maybe you should watch intramural badminton instead because football is clearly, CLEARLY, not your game Bob.

Struggled all year or struggled most of the year? There's a pretty big difference. I notice that you waste a lot of time framing your "arguments" with absolutes as a way to force your audience to comply with your agenda. It's not working.

Back to football: I thought that when the defense knocked Brandon Harris on his tiger tail five times that they got to him pretty good. Hogs also sacked Missouri's QB three times and rushed twice as many throws. Again, "all" doesn't equal "most" but I also know that it doesn't fit this b!tch fit you keep posting on here every week and I'm not going to give you a pass on it. It's what Coach Robb Smith would want.

Also, the defense "would not" blitz the corners or safeties it's not that they "could not." Again, huge difference that I would never expect you to pick up on.

Wow. You are really scared of La. Tech and TCU. May I recommend Ativan or possibly Xanax? Good grief.

Kody Walker is returning. Hey Bob, your casual fandom is showing. Let me go ahead and tuck that back in for you.

Coach Bielema, on behalf of coaches everywhere, says, "Thanks Robert, we'll take it from here."

Have you watched a cut-up of Whaley missing block after block? If not then WTH are you on about, I'd love to know.

"Most are now gone" Most of who, the starters? They are? I see that you conveniently left off the following:

Brooks Ellis
DJ Dean
Tevin Beanum
Drew Morgan
Kevin Richardson

Throw in Dan Skipper and that's, what, like six starters out of the nine seniors-to-be who would be starters. If that's your definition of "most" then I'd hate to see your definition of "least."

Also, a lot of the players who are "waiting in the wings" are not waiting at all. Have you looked at the depth chart? (You didn't) It is littered with SO, RS-FR and FR who contributed in a big way this year. (Why do I bother?)

You can't say that you're leaving something off the list and then list it. It doesn't work that way.

Great job Robert! You are that much closer to that elusive Pulitzer. I can feel it. Here's a Batman gif for your troubles:

Amazing. I never knew anyone could misread a post as badly as you misread Robert's.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

murthage

Robert...

Yes, I read it, and agree with most issues you addressed. 

I feel that our early losses were due to key injuries, inconsistent QB -  who was in training under a new offensive coordinator, and terrible special teams.

To me, special teams should be our number 1 priority, with emphasis on field goal execution and kicking off into the end zone.

greenEGnHAWGS

Man...I hate posting anything in a Robert Shields column because I don't even want him to get "conversation starter" points. But I just feel the need to say that speculation about our wins and losses is fun but SOOOOOOOO pointless. OL will be fine. RBs will be fine.  WRS will be fine. But our W/L record lie solely on our QB play which NO ONE has any clue what it will be. 

TCU? Depends on our QB play.
Bama? Depends on our QB play.
Ole Mi$$? QB play...
Florida? QB play.....

RB success is based on our QB play.
OL will be a lot more successful if they're not blocking an 8 man front...which is prevented by...QB play.
And WRs are obviously directly affected by the QB.

I'm also not naive enough to believe that our defense won't be a major factor as well, but our offense was the sole reason we won several games this year.

Anyways, I digress. All that to say, thanks Bobby, but this was a complete waste of HV space as usual.

Also...did not read...past the second paragraph.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

scruf

Quote from: GuvHog on January 18, 2016, 03:00:45 pm
Amazing. I never knew anyone could misread a post as badly as you misread Robert's.
Of course you'd say that. I'm only disappointed that you didn't throw your 1 cent in sooner. You're slippin'.

Doug

You have every professional sports writer around...

...... and then you have Wobble Shards. :)

And now for more GIF awesomeness, since that's what these threads are really about...

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

BadHog

How you feel when you see the From the Bench thread post...

How you feel reading a RS article

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

murthage

Bear...

Really surprised an "Administrator" would stoop to such a low level post.  Hogville admonishes others for such tripe.  The gifs are entertaining, the comments are disappointing. 

TomasPistola

Quote from: murthage on January 18, 2016, 05:10:49 pm
Bear...

Really surprised an "Administrator" would stoop to such a low level post.  Hogville admonishes others for such tripe.  The gifs are entertaining, the comments are disappointing. 

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

zane

Bear...

Quote from: zane on January 18, 2016, 02:33:29 pm
Murthage when people hate on Shields......

Fixt
RIP LSUfan

longpig

Bear...

HogBreath

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 18, 2016, 12:43:34 pm

It always cracks me up how some are more than eager to say how LSU is destined to break out the next season. 
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Sir Oinksalot

...Booby, I gotta tell you, it was a D at best until, UNTIL you got the BEAR on board !!

Wow, you will pass not with content (too boring) but with the extra credit you received, so, with that coup,
you will start at the head f the class this semester --- well done...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 18, 2016, 11:26:27 am
La Tech loses Jeff Driskel, Kenneth Dixon and another dozen senior starters.  TCU is not a perennial power.  They're an up and down program on a good run because of Gary Patterson a favorable location.  They lose more than the Hogs, also.

College Game Day in Fayetteville October 8.
168 wins, with a .7467 winning percentage since 1998 says you're wrong.

Sir Oinksalot

...btw, boring is the new genius, just go and read politics...

Inhogswetrust

Not sure what he said was in store for the Hogs since I DID NOT READ, but I do know what is in store for any RS writing.............a bunch of junk journalism.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Sir Oinksalot

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HogBreath on January 18, 2016, 05:31:59 pm
It always cracks me up how some are more than eager to say how LSU is destined to break out the next season.

And then reality hits when they see that they can't develop a QB and Les Miles is still the coach. 

Doug

Quote from: murthageBear...

You can't be serious with this, murthage.

I often take about a half hour (or more) pulling together some of the most incredible GIFs around... and I try to make sure they're unique.

This ain't the first time I've done this. And it certainly won't be the last.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Murr

Brooks Ellis
DJ Dean
Tevin Beanum
Drew Morgan
Kevin Richardson

Despite all those errors and blunders, that was the best Robert Shields story to date.

LZH

Brooks Ellis
DJ Dean
Tevin Beanum
Drew Morgan
Kevin Richardson

Ouch. Although, you did put more energy into writing your post then he did the original one. :P

Oh, and by the way, I AM Robert Shields.