Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback gained her wings

Started by Bardicer, January 15, 2016, 09:34:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbear

Prayers for you and your family. I think prayers are ok in any forum. There is no comfort like the presence of God.

Buff

Too dang young.  God bless you, man.  My prayers are going up for you.

Wildbill

Quote from: Bardicer on January 15, 2016, 09:34:07 am
I know this isn't the forum for it..but the only forums i check are here and recruiting.

When I met my wife 10 years ago she had no interest in sports.  But she quickly became a true fan.  We were planning on going to see our first game in person this coming season.. But she passed away from a heart attack at the too young age of 35 Wednesday.

Tell your loved ones just how much you love them.  The man upstairs has no sympathy when choosing when it's your time (Sunday was my birthday). And it doesn't
matter how many times you tell someone you love them... It is never enough.

I pray that God will give you the peace that's beyond all understanding!!! I'm so sorry

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

BigPapaHawg

So sorry for your lose! My prayers are with you and your family!
WOO PIG

OhioHog

Quote from: Bardicer on January 15, 2016, 09:34:07 am
I know this isn't the forum for it..but the only forums i check are here and recruiting.

When I met my wife 10 years ago she had no interest in sports.  But she quickly became a true fan.  We were planning on going to see our first game in person this coming season.. But she passed away from a heart attack at the too young age of 35 Wednesday.

Tell your loved ones just how much you love them.  The man upstairs has no sympathy when choosing when it's your time (Sunday was my birthday). And it doesn't
matter how many times you tell someone you love them... It is never enough.

May God comfort you in this time of sorrow. 

PORKULATOR

I'm sorry man... My condolences.
God bless you and the family.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Lord of the Styes

prayers for you and sorry you face these circumstances.

Tejano Jawg

So sorry, brother. Prayers to you and your family.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Torqued pork

This is one of those threads that reminds you of what is truly important in life. All I can say is I hope the hole in your heart will be filled someday. Hang in there.

DLUXHOG

God bless you..  your post is a clear message to all, that everyone has an appointed time..
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Ragnar Hogbrok

I'm sorry brother.  Prayers for you and your family.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

micali

Sorry for your loss.  Praying for you.

urkillnmesmalls

I'm sorry for your loss.  God speed to your wife, and I hope you find peace with all the memories you made with her.  Those never go away. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

TheRazorback500

Damn, that's tough. I feel for you. Praying.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Farmer Hogget

On March 5th, it will have been 6 years since I lost my wife to cancer at the age of 43.  My wife and I rarely argued. . .I always told her I loved her. . .multiple times a day.  You are right, it doesn't seem as if it was enough.  I don't know what would.  Nothing in life prepared me for the loss of my wife!  I have struggled with depression since I lost her.  If I didn't have the two most wonderful kids on the planet, I'm not sure how I would have made this far.  Surround yourself with loved ones.  If you ever need to talk or want someone to cry with you, PM me . . I'm happy to listen.  Above all, be patient with yourself.

To all of you guys who still have your wives. . .never, EVER, take her for granted.  Make sure you treat her like a queen all the time because you never know how much longer you will have her.

Bardicer

Thank you everyone for the support.

I'm now in Russellville with her parents and we will be laying her to rest Saturday.  They have been so wonderful in helping me through all of this.  I think if I were alone with nobody to turn to I'd still be at the hospital on the floor in a heap of despair.  Instead I have people saying they have no idea how I'm making it as well as I am (i only broke down in tears for a few minutes while picking out her flowers today).

I'm starting to understand the "why" a little more as I see profound changes in people who knew us from becoming more health conscious to being more patient with their loved ones, to people burying hatchets that they've been washing around for a long time.  She is still working her magic and I'm so very proud to have been chosen by her to be her special someone no matter how much it hurts now.

I'm still pissed at God though.  I don't think I can forgive this one.

pigture perfect

I think God understands your anger. Prayers being sent right now.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Arkamedes

So sorry for your loss! Prayers sent.
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

DeltaBoy

Prayers sent for you , your family and friends.   What a Tragic event to experience.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: Bardicer on January 19, 2016, 11:13:12 pm
Thank you everyone for the support.

I'm now in Russellville with her parents and we will be laying her to rest Saturday.  They have been so wonderful in helping me through all of this.  I think if I were alone with nobody to turn to I'd still be at the hospital on the floor in a heap of despair.  Instead I have people saying they have no idea how I'm making it as well as I am (i only broke down in tears for a few minutes while picking out her flowers today).

I'm starting to understand the "why" a little more as I see profound changes in people who knew us from becoming more health conscious to being more patient with their loved ones, to people burying hatchets that they've been washing around for a long time.  She is still working her magic and I'm so very proud to have been chosen by her to be her special someone no matter how much it hurts now.

I'm still pissed at God though.  I don't think I can forgive this one.

This week is 15 years since we lost our son, you can stay mad at God all you want, it won't help. I am not going to be one of those saying you don't have a right to be mad at Him. Death is the great equalizer, it touches all of us at some point, often at unexpected times. The old die, the young die, the sick, the healthy, those we know and those we don't, rich, poor, does not matter, none of us know our appointed time, but we all have one.

Please don't take it is me saying you shouldn't be mad, sad, feel lost, overwhelmed, etc, you should feel all of those things, but you may live another 40 or 50 years, and that is a long time. Don't believe those that will tell you, well meaning people, that time will heal. It won't. Time covers wounds, but they are still there. What heals is at some point picking up the pieces and living.

Sorry, didn't mean to preach, but this was put on me to share as soon as I read your thread. I can't imagine what you are feeling about most things, but I understand your quote about being mad at God because I was there once. I thought about just pm'ing you, but maybe someone else will read this and it will help them deal with something, or help them help someone else deal with a loss.

To you, take everything people say to you in the spirit they mean it, they truly think the stupid thing they just said to you will help, they mean well, they truly just don't know what to say, but they have to say something. Take comfort in friends and family. When your mind goes to a dark place, and it will, do not dwell there.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

kappa72202

Sorry for your loss and prayers for your family.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: hogsanity on January 20, 2016, 08:42:54 am
This week is 15 years since we lost our son, you can stay mad at God all you want, it won't help. I am not going to be one of those saying you don't have a right to be mad at Him. Death is the great equalizer, it touches all of us at some point, often at unexpected times. The old die, the young die, the sick, the healthy, those we know and those we don't, rich, poor, does not matter, none of us know our appointed time, but we all have one.

Please don't take it is me saying you shouldn't be mad, sad, feel lost, overwhelmed, etc, you should feel all of those things, but you may live another 40 or 50 years, and that is a long time. Don't believe those that will tell you, well meaning people, that time will heal. It won't. Time covers wounds, but they are still there. What heals is at some point picking up the pieces and living.

Sorry, didn't mean to preach, but this was put on me to share as soon as I read your thread. I can't imagine what you are feeling about most things, but I understand your quote about being mad at God because I was there once. I thought about just pm'ing you, but maybe someone else will read this and it will help them deal with something, or help them help someone else deal with a loss.

To you, take everything people say to you in the spirit they mean it, they truly think the stupid thing they just said to you will help, they mean well, they truly just don't know what to say, but they have to say something. Take comfort in friends and family. When your mind goes to a dark place, and it will, do not dwell there.

Well said, hogsanity.  I am incredibly sorry to hear about your loss, Barcider.  That must be just absolutely devastating.

I don't know why these things happen.  I used to work in a children's hospital.  Most kids got better and left; unfortunately, a few didn't.  I don't believe it was God's plan for them to suffer.  I just think we live in a system with hazards and we're just subject to those hazards.  We don't encounter them on a "deserves" basis.  Living subject to natural processes involves risks that just aren't the subject of moral choices or divine judgment.

I'm lucky enough to have never suffered a loss of the magnitude of yours or Barcider's, and even though  I know it's bad, I can't begin to understand just how bad.  Barcider, prayers for you and your family, for strength, for peace, for hope. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

lumphog

HogCard

Bardicer

Thank you hogsanity.  Thank you for not pming me.  We have unintentionally dedicated ourselves to trying to save the world.  My brother in law is clean and on the right track after living with us for a year.  Her family is lining up doctors appointments to get themselves checked out.  Many grudges have been let go and forgiven.  Many people are resolving to enjoy life now instead of "when we're financially set".

If this thread helps one other person ( besides me..this has been very therapeutic for me) then I see it as Janna is just working her magic some more. 

As far as the hurt... I know it will never stop hurting and that's ok.  The day that I stop hurting from losing her is the day I never deserved her in my life.  And I could never say anything about well intentioned words...some people are better at communication than others.  It's the thought behind the words that matters.  As someone who has spent a lifetime of defiantly refusing help from anyone, I'm not ashamed to say that I now know that we can't make it through life without help and support.

I'm blessed and thankful for all the support here.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Bardicer on January 20, 2016, 02:06:51 pm
Thank you hogsanity.  Thank you for not pming me.  We have unintentionally dedicated ourselves to trying to save the world.  My brother in law is clean and on the right track after living with us for a year.  Her family is lining up doctors appointments to get themselves checked out.  Many grudges have been let go and forgiven.  Many people are resolving to enjoy life now instead of "when we're financially set".

If this thread helps one other person ( besides me..this has been very therapeutic for me) then I see it as Janna is just working her magic some more. 

As far as the hurt... I know it will never stop hurting and that's ok.  The day that I stop hurting from losing her is the day I never deserved her in my life.  And I could never say anything about well intentioned words...some people are better at communication than others.  It's the thought behind the words that matters.  As someone who has spent a lifetime of defiantly refusing help from anyone, I'm not ashamed to say that I now know that we can't make it through life without help and support.

You will be in my Prayers from now on. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

pigture perfect

man, I wish Karma was still on so I could hit the applaud button over and over. Keeping the prayers up.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RollHogTide

Bardicer - I'm very sorry for your loss - my thoughts and prayers are with you and all of those that loved your wife during this difficult time.  It seems that she was a wonderful lady that made the world a better place for those fortunate enough to have known her.

RockyMtnHog

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your wife was way to young to earn her wings yet.  The Lord needed your wife for something very special in Heaven.

Praying for you and your family.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

pigture perfect

Praying for you and your family to have strength tomorrow.

al2305

I'm so sorry for your loss.  And I admire your courage for stepping out and sharing this to help others.  I doubt I would have the strength to do that.  I see lots of very sick people every day at my job with every terrible illness you can think of who don't make it home.  I see their families and what they go through.  They look at us hoping we can fix their loved ones.  Sometimes we can... too often we can't.  It's a constant reminder that our time here is limited and can be over in an instant.

Thanks to your message I will tell my family I love them more often.
I hope you can find peace one day.

strickark

Thanks everybody, I have also suffered a terrible tragic loss of a loved one recently.  Your words have helped me find some comfort.  I've not been mad at God, but I have been mad at myself, that I was not able to change the situation.  I know God loves me so much, I have to trust Him and live in the absolute assurance of His love and His plans for our family!

Hogs7672

I'm so very sorry, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

pigture perfect

Quote from: strickark on January 23, 2016, 08:23:55 am
Thanks everybody, I have also suffered a terrible tragic loss of a loved one recently.  Your words have helped me find some comfort.  I've not been mad at God, but I have been mad at myself, that I was not able to change the situation.  I know God loves me so much, I have to trust Him and live in the absolute assurance of His love and His plans for our family!
I want to let you know that self guilt and blame can be a terrible enemy. I have had those same feeling when my son passed 4 years ago. Chances are there was nothing else I could have done, but the anguish is still there occasional. If it wasn't for my relationship with GOD, I honestly don't think I would have made it this far.

DeltaBoy

Barcider, Hang in there we are praying for you as you go forward.

LZH

God bless brother. God bless you and your entire family.