Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harry King remembers Hogs in the Liberty Bowl

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 08, 2016, 08:32:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

I'm late in posting this - just read it - but there are a couple of interesting notes as Harry recalls the Hogs' prior visits to the Liberty Bowl (the 1971 game was before his time covering the Hogs, apparently).

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/harry-king/king-my-40-years-worth-liberty-bowl-experiences

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Mike_e

Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

Sivad

Quote from: Mike_e on January 08, 2016, 06:35:13 pm
'71 was a bad joke.
Preston Watts was the unfunny punchline and nobody was, or is, laughing in Arkansas.

bphi11ips

Official review can be a pain, but it has improved the game - and the integrity of officials.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

DeltaBoy

Watts ought to be glad no one ever found him and beat the brakes off of him.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 27, 2016, 01:02:24 pm
Watts ought to be glad no one ever found him and beat the brakes off of him.

Clay Henry found his grave a day or two before this recent Liberty Bowl and danced on it.

Seriously.  As reported on Bo's show and on the HI site.

jkstock04

Had to look up who Preston Watts was...now I know. What a screw job we got on this deal. Detailed write up & video here:

http://thedailyhatch.org/2012/05/16/arkansas-got-ripped-off-in-1971-liberty-bowl-against-tennessee/
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DeltaBoy

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 28, 2016, 10:40:19 am
Clay Henry found his grave a day or two before this recent Liberty Bowl and danced on it.

Seriously.  As reported on Bo's show and on the HI site.

All he did on it was DANCE? I would have done more than that. Especially if it was dark.

DeltaBoy

I would be tempted to take a leak on his grave.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 28, 2016, 03:39:43 pm
I would be tempted to take a leak on his grave.

That's number one. I think a number two is in order.

EFBAB

MountieDawg

Pretty sure Harry King was around when they built the LIBERTY BELL!
SEC!