Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PAT PICKED THE HOGS TO GO TO THE FINAL 4

Started by OldTimeHawg, March 11, 2018, 09:00:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimeHawg

BOOM

PAT BRADLEY PICKING US TO GO TO THE FINAL 4 I LOVE IT!
HOGS = LIFE

moses_007

KlubhouseKonnected

Ok. I Pick is to win the National Championship...

Just as valuable.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

OldTimeHawg

HOGS = LIFE

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

moses_007

We don't have the horses to make it that far.  I'd love for it to happen, but don't see it.  Too many games like Missouri and Tennessee games.

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 11, 2018, 09:02:36 pm
The sports broadcast personality?

On SEC Now: Selection Special he made a pretty strong case as to how the Hogs can make it to the Final 4.
HOGS = LIFE

Randohoggie

Quote from: moses_007 on March 11, 2018, 09:03:03 pm
We don't have the horses to make it that far.  I'd love for it to happen, but don't see it.  Too many games like Missouri and Tennessee games.

How so?  We beat both those teams this year as well.

BannerMountainMan

good thing we play a game, day off and play another and then a whole week, I'll take out horses just fine.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

greenEGnHAWGS

I think Elite 8 is an actual possibility. Yes...we'll have to beat some good teams like Purdue then we've shown we can beat Florida, but if we're clicking, we can do this!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

OldTimeHawg

I'm pretty sure we don't have to play a team like that on our 3rd game in as many days...
HOGS = LIFE

Mo_Better_Hogs

HogBreath

What if Macon, Barford and Gafford play great?  CJ Jones is in the zone on three's?   Beard and Hall play well, Thompson, Cook and Bailey play above their heads? 

Or maybe the other teams' guys just have a bad day.

It could happen. 
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

lakecityhog

Career
Rank      3-Point Field Goals       Player          Years
1                     366                Pat Bradley      1996-99

Sarcasm against a former Razorback great is NEVER cool! Yeah, he's a homer as well he should be.
We should all be proud of him for all he did for the Razorbacks.

Hollywood_HOGan45

We have just as good a shot as South Carolina last year.

arkansas1994

Never know , we are as good as South Carolina was last year, so if we play good and get on a roll we certainly can

TeufelHog

"Homerism" at its finest.  We're way too inconsistent to make it that far.  If the Hogs aren't careful, Butler will be happy to steal their lunch money.

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: TeufelHog on March 11, 2018, 09:51:27 pm
"Homerism" at its finest.  We're way too inconsistent to make it that far.  If the Hogs aren't careful, Butler will be happy to steal their lunch money.

South Carolina says Hi
HOGS = LIFE

Hoggish1

I picked us to go to the final four and win it all.  It was because of the 7th seed and Detroit!  WPS!

daprospecta

Quote from: HogBreath on March 11, 2018, 09:38:57 pm
What if Macon, Barford and Gafford play great?  CJ Jones is in the zone on three's?   Beard and Hall play well, Thompson, Cook and Bailey play above their heads? 

Or maybe the other teams' guys just have a bad day.

It could happen. 
If those players are on, their isn't a team in the country that can stop us. Not one.

Hoggish1

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: daprospecta on March 11, 2018, 10:07:22 pm
If those players are on, their isn't a team in the country that can stop us. Not one.

100% Truth.  Regardless of Pat being a razorback player, there is a legit chance for the Hogs to go very very far.  Anything is possible in March.
HOGS = LIFE

HogWild94

Possible homerism aside lol, I love the job Pat is doing and I of course love the prediction!
Hog fan since birth.  There is simply nothing else.

hawgball40

I have us falling to nova in the elite 8. but really, we could win or lose any game in our path in my opinion.

Tejano Jawg

I love Pat, and think he's doing a great job on the Network. But he may be out of his mind on this one.  :D
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 12, 2018, 01:16:18 am
I love Pat, and think he's doing a great job on the Network. But he may be out of his mind on this one.  :D

Not really if you think about it hard and actually put some work into looking at the matchups
HOGS = LIFE

gmarv54

If you can't be a homer when you are when can you.I say hogs all the way.

tomw

i wouldnt worry about elite 8 or sweet sixteen..worry about butler first.overlooking butler will get you sent home..they have some impressive wins over top teams...

Capt. Hamm

Quote from: lakecityhog on March 11, 2018, 09:39:43 pm
Career
Rank      3-Point Field Goals       Player          Years
1                     366                Pat Bradley      1996-99

Sarcasm against a former Razorback great is NEVER cool! Yeah, he's a homer as well he should be.
We should all be proud of him for all he did for the Razorbacks.
He was a great one. Great ambassador for Arkansas!

razorpimp

I just hope the Hogs gets some rest....maybe that last game gets Macon going again he didn't shoot too bad as compared to the previous games

Ironhawg

March 12, 2018, 08:31:30 am #30 Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:43:06 am by Ironhawg
I just don't know if we can get past Purdue.  They have on their roster 6-8 225, 6-9 210, 6-10 240, 7-2 290, 7-3 250.  If they get us into a half court game we cannot match their size.  I haven't seen them play, so all I have to go on is comparing rosters.

gmarv54

Quote from: razorpimp on March 12, 2018, 08:05:52 am
I just hope the Hogs gets some rest....maybe that last game gets Macon going again he didn't shoot too bad as compared to the previous games
Yeah me too,get our legs back then we will be good to go.

GuvHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on March 12, 2018, 08:31:30 am
I just don't know if we can get past Purdue.  They have on their roster 6-8 225, 6-9 210, 6-10 240, 7-2 290, 7-3 250.  If they get us into a half court game we cannot match their size.  I haven't seen them play, so all I have to go on is comparing rosters.

That'[s where the Hogs 3 point shooting comes in. Purdue uses a 2 Guard - 2 Forward system while the Hogs start 3 guards and 2 Forwards. Purdue is going to have serious problems trying to cover, Macon, Barford, and Beard all at the same time.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

code red

No way we beat Purdue.   They do everything well and shot 3s.  That kid down low is a beast of beasts.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

RaisinHog

We will have too run the darn out of Purdue ... It could be a game where the system everyone [CENSORED] about gives us an advantage

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: code red on March 12, 2018, 11:29:40 am
No way we beat Purdue.   They do everything well and shot 3s.  That kid down low is a beast of beasts.

If we play like we did against Florida, plus Macon shows up, we can beat anyone. But I agree that Purdue is going to be REALLY tough.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

raz1965

Win 4 games in final 4, possible for this hog team, also possible they lose the first game also, nobody knows , but pat could be right. Glad to have a homer in the hogs corner.

rljjr

I've said it a couple of places in here: we finish the season with 27 wins. Not too shabby.

hawgball40

their post players are not very athletic. I get BTN, i've caught a few of their games this season.  Haas has some skill but is too slow. I think Gafford would match up with him favorably.

orvillesghost

If Pat wants to put some money on this, I hope he will get in touch...

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: OldTimeHawg on March 12, 2018, 06:42:44 am
Not really if you think about it hard and actually put some work into looking at the matchups

So maybe I should take another look? Sure.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

goodguytex

Take it 1 game at a time. Gotta get by Butler 1st.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 11, 2018, 09:05:06 pm
I think Elite 8 is an actual possibility. Yes...we'll have to beat some good teams like Purdue then we've shown we can beat Florida, but if we're clicking, we can do this!

Butler-Purdue-TTech-Villanova assuming form holds probably represents Anderson's best chance to make another Elite 8.  Realistically UF may best TTech and wins the Sweet 16 rubber game. Odds are Arkansas can't manage four good games in a row even if someone takes out Villanova, TTech, and UF.

Bottom line is a Sweet 16 will be seen as a success and anything less will be a failure with all the seniors.  Not much middle ground.

farfromgroovins

V. Edwards, Haas, Mathias, Thompson.....they were much younger in the 2016 tournament but were starters or had minutes.  When Purdue went big, that's when UALR took advantage of them.  Hopefully take care of Butler first then turn up the speed in round 2.
I agree, pace of the game will mean everything if we see this matchup.

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 12, 2018, 06:07:21 pm
So maybe I should take another look? Sure.

Yes you should.  Do your work before you make claims that have no evidence or without effort.  It's lazy and makes me  :puke:
HOGS = LIFE

holeinthewall

Pat must of fallen off the wagon with the moonshine. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on March 12, 2018, 07:51:19 pm
Butler-Purdue-TTech-Villanova assuming form holds probably represents Anderson's best chance to make another Elite 8.  Realistically UF may best TTech and wins the Sweet 16 rubber game. Odds are Arkansas can't manage four good games in a row even if someone takes out Villanova, TTech, and UF.

Bottom line is a Sweet 16 will be seen as a success and anything less will be a failure with all the seniors.  Not much middle ground.

Well, to make the Elite 8 like I said, we'd have to only beat 3. I have ya beating Butler. The Purdue game is going to be REALLY tough as I said in my previous post. Then I have Florida beating TTech, which would put us against a Florida team we just beat. So, I think it's not completely unrealistic if we can play big and beat the Boilermakers.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: code red on March 12, 2018, 11:29:40 am
I want to see Gafford vs Haas.  That might be Gafford's best chance to make one last statement to the NBA scouts.  Hope we get past Butler to have that opportunity.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: tomw on March 12, 2018, 07:52:05 am
i wouldnt worry about elite 8 or sweet sixteen..worry about butler first.overlooking butler will get you sent home..they have some impressive wins over top teams...

I agree however, we as fan's don't have to play therefore, we as fans can overlook anyone we want.

Get in the spirit man.

Go Hogs!!!
Beat everybody!!!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!