Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas' record in NLR last 10 yrs (4-6)

Started by SexyBeast77, December 16, 2014, 01:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SexyBeast77

2004 Illinois                  L 60-72
2005 Rice                     W 80-61
2006 Texas Tech           L 71-56
2007 Appalachian State L 74-67
2008 North Texas          W 86-75
2009 Baylor                  L 70-47
2010 UAB                     L 70-65
2011 Houston               L 87-78
2012 Alabama A&M       W 95-68
2013 South Alabama     W 72-60

Arazorbackguy1

I don't see us losing there with Mike again.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

bigred223

gmarv

man that's a ugly record we lost to some average at best teams.

BRHogfan

I didn't believe you at first. 

I felt like we had lost a few, but did not feel like it was this bad.

UGH.

Hawg Red

Quote from: gmarv on December 16, 2014, 01:38:51 pm
man that's a ugly record we lost to some average at best teams.

Illinois was national runner-up, Baylor went to the Elite 8, and Texas Tech and UAB went dancing the years we played them at Verizon. App State was a really bad loss and Houston was a below average team. Those are bad losses.

Atlhogfan1

It is a weak atmosphere for basketball and for some reason designed to accommodate hockey in the middle of a state whose sports sophistication almost stops at arguing over the Razorback qb or who is going to "jump center" for their local high school basketball team.  Hogs shot 29% from 3 there in their last game.  28% the game before and 24% against Houston from 3. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Oddly enough, the last time we went to the NCAA was the year we lost to App State in overtime.

Not sure if they were even D1 at the time.

That Pelphrey team had so much talent, but very little coaching.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 16, 2014, 02:16:50 pm
Oddly enough, the last time we went to the NCAA was the year we lost to App State in overtime.

Not sure if they were even D1 at the time.

App State has been D1 since the '70s.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 16, 2014, 02:21:45 pm
App State has been D1 since the '70s.

My mistake. Guess I was still thinking about the huge Michigan football victory. Media played up the d1AA team beating Michigan at the time.

TheRazorbackGuy

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 16, 2014, 02:32:30 pm
Yeah Pel was a joke

Yes,
Was still a terrible loss. Our basketball program isnt even close to where we want it to be right now but back then......oooooo my was it ever a train wreck.

Hawg Red

Yeah, App State is a program that has only been to the NCAA tournament twice. Not a program you want to lose to, especially in front of your fans.

WooPig90

From the ticket sites, it looks like there isnt many tickets left for this one!

latrops

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 16, 2014, 01:44:57 pm
Illinois was national runner-up, Baylor went to the Elite 8, and Texas Tech and UAB went dancing the years we played them at Verizon. App State was a really bad loss and Houston was a below average team. Those are bad losses.

We'll never know what might have been, but I do wonder what would have happened had Marshawn Powell not gotten hurt a couple of games in CMA's first season here.  Powell was playing very well through two games against creampuffs and was positioned to be our top player, and given the makeup of the team, arguably the one player we couldn't afford to lose.  He was our only consistent frontcourt player.  His injury forced Mickelson and Abron into greater roles than they were ready to effectively handle.  It may be unrealistic to think that had Powell been healthy all season we would have been an NCAAT team....but I can't help but wonder.  He did eventually come back and we never made the NCAAT with him, but we also never had that first season energy and enthusiasm.  That first team may have been the most complete CMA has had here until now, at least pre-Powell injury.

Rawker

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 16, 2014, 01:46:31 pm
It is a weak atmosphere for basketball and for some reason designed to accommodate hockey in the middle of a state whose sports sophistication almost stops at arguing over the Razorback qb or who is going to "jump center" for their local high school basketball team.  Hogs shot 29% from 3 there in their last game.  28% the game before and 24% against Houston from 3.

It's a horrible place for a jump shooter, no doubt (I wish they could lower the non-court lights during the game), but the atmosphere was much better last year, and should be even better this year, considering the Portis / Beard connection and the fact that this team is generally more exciting personnel-wise with the likes of Portis and Q.

hoglady

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 16, 2014, 01:46:31 pm

I know Barton is dumpy.
But I've always loved watching basketball in that place. I actually preferred hockey there, too.  The Glacier Cats (Barton) to the Riverblades (Verizon).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality