Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Butler at UT

Started by lefty08, December 14, 2014, 01:47:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

If Butler loses this game on the road against Tennessee I think we can all agree Butler should fire their coach
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

yraciv

Ridiculously obscure comment?

porkinsons disease

Quote from: yraciv on December 14, 2014, 01:48:04 pm
Ridiculously obscure comment?
Yes, and a poke at the "haters". smh..It's amazing that if you question something or seek improvement then you are a "hater".
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

lefty08

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 14, 2014, 01:52:12 pm
Yes, and a poke at the "haters". smh..It's amazing that if you question something or seek improvement then you are a "hater".

Fire the coach! Ranked teams should NEVER lose to bad teams on the road! NEVER!!!!!
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

porkinsons disease

Seems a little extreme, but whatever floats your boat.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

lefty08

#15 Butler 55 Tennessee 67

I'm expecting a press conference sometime tomorrow for the announcement from Butler

nextlevel

Quote from: lefty08 on December 14, 2014, 03:02:03 pm

I'm expecting a press conference sometime tomorrow for the announcement from Butler

How does a top 20 team go on the road against a bad SEC team and lose by double digits?

Bad coaching, that's how.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

-Blu

Quote from: nextlevel on December 14, 2014, 03:08:28 pm
How does a top 20 team go on the road against a bad SEC team and lose by double digits?

Bad coaching, that's how.

The system Butler uses doesn't work anymore and their coach is bad.  They should fire him and hire a top assistant with no head coaching experience.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: lefty08 on December 14, 2014, 03:02:03 pm

Lucky for the Butler coach that Pat Hayden isn't his AD. He might not even get to fly back home with the team.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Danny J

I agree with the premise of the OP although the sarcasm is a bit over the top.

I have mentioned a dozen times now that only the best of the best from start to finish are capable of winning consistently against average to even below average teams on the road. Even the nations elite will lose road games to really good competition. There are top teams every season that lose games like this all the time. I don't expect us to go 16-2 in conference play losing only to teams we are projected to finish behind. What is more than likely GOING to happen is we are going to probably lose 5 road games in the SEC and one at BWA. So I think it is very possible for us to finish 12-6 in the SEC which will keep us somewhere between 2-3 in the SEC.

I still think this team will gel a bit more and the sub patterns and lineups will improve. However that is not a guarantee but something I believe should happen. The realist in me says 12-6 but hopefully we can go 13-5.

porkinsons disease

I doubt they will fire an interim coach. Damn, only on Jump Ball

nextlevel

Quote from: -Blu on December 14, 2014, 03:10:05 pm
The system Butler uses doesn't work anymore and their coach is bad.  They should fire him and hire a top assistant with no head coaching experience.

The rest of the country has caught up and figured out how to shut down Butler's system, it isn't the 2000s anymore.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

The_Iceman

Quote from: nextlevel on December 14, 2014, 03:18:24 pm
The rest of the country has caught up and figured out how to shut down Butler's system, it isn't the 2000s anymore.

Love this! Thanks guys.

-Blu

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 14, 2014, 03:14:04 pm
I doubt they will fire an interim coach. Damn, only on Jump Ball

Only on jump ball will fans say the season is over and start calling for the head coach to be fired after an OT loss to an ACC team, when the team is 6-2 with an RPI in the 20s. 

And FYI, we are all being sarcastic, we know he's not going to be fired LOL.  The OP was just trying to let you guys see how you ridiculous you guys were sounding after the Clemson game.

porkinsons disease

I believe they are using an interim right now, because the head coach Brandon Miller is on a leave of absence. Firing an interim would be an over-reaction. I would expect that from fcj, but you are better than that.

nextlevel

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 14, 2014, 03:33:28 pm
I believe they are using an interim right now, because the head coach Beandon Miller is on a leave of absence. Firing an interim would be an over-reaction. I would expect that from fcj, but you are better than that.

It is easier to fire an interim who obviously doesn't know what he is doing by going to Tennessee, using an out dated system, poor substitutions, not running the offense from in side out, and taking to many threes causing his team to lose to a bad SEC team by double digits.

Fire the interim and replace him with another interim as this interim just destroyed a good season for Butler, who now will not make the playoffs.

ell oh ell

porkinsons disease

Quote from: -Blu on December 14, 2014, 03:30:27 pm
Only on jump ball will fans say the season is over and start calling for the head coach to be fired after an OT loss to an ACC team, when the team is 6-2 with an RPI in the 20s. 

And FYI, we are all being sarcastic, we know he's not going to be fired LOL.  The OP was just trying to let you guys see how you ridiculous you guys were sounding after the Clemson game.
The sarcasm was a pathetic ,fcj-type post.Who is you guys? I have never asked for MA to be fired. For some, he cannot do anything wrong and shouldn't be questioned. I don't see it that way.

Why is making comments on things we need improvement at get construed as calling for MA's job? I realize some do that, but not all. We are not all "haters" as you ike to call us.

-Blu

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 14, 2014, 03:33:28 pm
I believe they are using an interim right now, because the head coach Beandon Miller is on a leave of absence. Firing an interim would be an over-reaction. I would expect that from fcj, but you are better than that.

I don't even have an appropriate GIF for this situation.  It's so obvious we are being sarcastic and making fun of you guys that overreact after every little thing.  No duh, he's not going to be fired, only people on Hogville fire coaches after a road loss to a power 5 team.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: -Blu on December 14, 2014, 03:38:25 pm
I don't even have an appropriate GIF for this situation.  It's so obvious we are being sarcastic and making fun of you guys that overreact after every little thing.  No duh, he's not going to be fired, only people on Hogville fire coaches after a road loss to a power 5 team.
The sarcasm was so transparent and pathetic that is was fcj like. I guess you guys think the same. Thanks for clearing it up. What do you guys say "go kick rocks"?

-Blu

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 14, 2014, 03:36:07 pm
The sarcasm was a pathetic ,fcj-type post.Who is you guys? I have never asked for MA to be fired. For some, he cannot do anything wrong and shouldn't be questioned. I don't see it that way.

Why is making comments on things we need improvement at get construed as calling for MA's job? I realize some do that, but not all. We are not all "haters" as you ike to call us.

I've never seen FCJ use sarcasm, he's usually straight to the point, whether he's right or wrong.  And if you missed the numerous threads saying CMA was a bad coach, needs to be fired, wanting to bring "top assistants" to take his place, and all that other stuff, then you may not understand this thread.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: -Blu on December 14, 2014, 03:44:35 pm
I've never seen FCJ use sarcasm, he's usually straight to the point, whether he's right or wrong.  And if you missed the numerous threads saying CMA was a bad coach, needs to be fired, wanting to bring "top assistants" to take his place, and all that other stuff, then you may not understand this thread.
No, he doesn't use sarcasm . He's that extreme. In his world, if you don't praise everything about Mike Anderson, you "hate him". YOU guys are sounding just like him.

nextlevel

What is being overlooked is how Butler blew a huge lead in the second half.

All you have to do is look at the box score to see Kelan Martin isn't being used right and needs to be on the court with Kameron Woods more.

ell oh ell

-Blu

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 14, 2014, 03:46:37 pm
No, he doesn't use sarcasm . He's that extreme. In his world, if you don't praise everything about Mike Anderson, you "hate him"

I've seen the threads and need you to show me where I said that, before you include me in "you guys"

When I said "you guys" I meant people on jumpball that make threads and posts like that, if your not one of those "guys" then I wasn't talking to you.  You see nobody else took offense to that, because they didn't associate themselves with those type of posters.  Like sarcasm, that's one of those things, you gotta read the context and figure it out.

porkinsons disease

December 14, 2014, 03:57:44 pm #23 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 04:08:29 pm by porkinsons disease
Quote from: -Blu on December 14, 2014, 03:56:50 pm
When I said "you guys" I meant people on jumpball that make threads and posts like that, if your not one of those "guys" then I wasn't talking to you.  You see nobody else took offense to that, because they didn't associate themselves with those type of posters.  Like sarcasm, that's one of those things, you gotta read the context and figure it out.
When you quoted me (refer to reply 13), it seems it was directed at me. Not sure why I should think otherwise.

The sarcasm was so pathetic that I did not acknowledge it.

dsims2k3

Quote from: nextlevel on December 14, 2014, 03:47:51 pm

All you have to do is look at the box score to see Kelan Martin isn't being used right and needs to be on the court with Kameron Woods more.

Ha!
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: nextlevel on December 14, 2014, 03:47:51 pm

+1 for bringing some humor to this thread.

-Blu

In other news the great Bruce Pearl is currently losing to the worst team in college basketball... Clemson.  May be 2 coaches fired today.

lefty08

Quote from: -Blu on December 14, 2014, 04:21:25 pm
In other news the great Bruce Pearl is currently losing to the worst team in college basketball... Clemson.  May be 2 coaches fired today.

On the road or at home?

Danny J

Where is that game?

-Blu

Quote from: Danny J on December 14, 2014, 04:22:49 pm
Where is that game?

The easiest place to play in the world of course.... Clemson. 

Is butler's coach road winning % under .200?

-Blu

Quote from: Karma on December 14, 2014, 04:25:54 pm
Is butler's coach road winning % under .200?

I don't know, is his home winning percentage over .900?  And has he been to an elite 8?

edit: The actual Butler head coach is .222 in conference games coached, so I can safely assume his road winning percentage is under .200.... any more questions?

And I actually just found Butler's interim coach stats, he's former head coach of Gardner webb, had 2 losing seasons and 1 winning season.  Total winning percentage of 48%, so I'm assuming his road winning percentage is not that great either.

Pulled(PP)pork

<insert fcj rant here>

PP

lefty08

Quote from: -Blu on December 14, 2014, 04:25:31 pm
The easiest place to play in the world of course.... Clemson.

Well at least if they lose its on the road. Wouldn't matter if they were playing at Auburn because we all know home wins are expected and don't mean anything

nextlevel

Quote from: lefty08 on December 14, 2014, 04:29:35 pm
Well at least if they lose its on the road. Wouldn't matter if they were playing at Auburn because we all know home wins are expected and don't mean anything

Every team wins their home games, except those who lose to the visiting team.

Road games are the most important because every NCAA tourney game is played on the road.

ell oh ell

-Blu

Quote from: lefty08 on December 14, 2014, 04:29:35 pm

I actually want Auburn to win for our conference perception.  They are down 8 right now, half-way through the second half. 

porkinsons disease

In other news; becuase you guys don't care about  losses (fcj words), the Mike Anderson museum is now being erected

Quote from: -Blu on December 14, 2014, 04:27:26 pm
I don't know, is his home winning percentage over .900?  And has he been to an elite 8?

edit: The actual Butler head coach is .222 in conference games coached, so I can safely assume his road winning percentage is under .200.... any more questions?

And I actually just found Butler's interim coach stats, he's former head coach of Gardner webb, had 2 losing seasons and 1 winning season.  Total winning percentage of 48%, so I'm assuming his road winning percentage is not that great either.
If his winning percentage is .222 for all conference games coached, then yes he should be fired. 

Are you guys saying Mike's problems on the road aren't an issue? You can't win enough home games to get a good seed. I've never said he should be fired. I don't even think he should be on the hot seat, but some of you don't seem concerned that we average slightly over 1 road win per season.

Rawker

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 14, 2014, 04:51:50 pm
In other news; becuase you guys don't care about  losses (fcj words), the Mike Anderson museum is now being erected

Sweet!  I'm going to go check that out.  I love Hog Basketball.

Rawker

Quote from: Karma on December 14, 2014, 05:02:31 pm
Are you guys saying Mike's problems on the road aren't an issue?

I am.  Mike doesn't have problems on the road...Arkansas does.
Anderson on the road in 3 years before UA: 26-23 (including 8-1 at ISU)
Arkansas in that same timeframe (2008-2011): 5 and 27
Arkansas in 3 years on the road under CMA: 6 and 27
Improvement, baby!!

nextlevel

Quote from: Karma on December 14, 2014, 05:02:31 pm
If his winning percentage is .222 for all conference games coached, then yes he should be fired. 

Are you guys saying Mike's problems on the road aren't an issue? You can't win enough home games to get a good seed. I've never said he should be fired. I don't even think he should be on the hot seat, but some of you don't seem concerned that we average slightly over 1 road win per season.

The prior 3 years have no bearing on this year or this year's team.

No one is pretending, well almost no one, that the prior year's performance have been at a satisfactory level.

Instead of dwelling on the prior 3 years and hyperboling it into how it is and always will be, examine the situation inherited, meaning it isn't like Arkansas all the sudden started struggling on the road when Mike was hired, then examine and compare. Progress was made last year in the area, it is far to early to proclaim progress or regression for this year in the manner.

This isn't football, an early season OOC loss means little in the grand scheme of things, the season isn't even past the 1/4 played mark at this time.

Several P5 teams have received decent seeding with less than 4 road wins on the year. Few teams have finished SEC play with a winning road record the past four years, not much more have hit the .500 mark. The fallacy is that Arkansas is the only team that struggles to win road games, the reality is it is only talked about because those other teams also suck it up at home often as well.

You want to find the elite teams in any given year? They will be close to winning 90% or more of their home games, over 50% of their road games in any given year.

Good teams will be in the 80-90% at home, 35-50% on the road.

This is only drummed by the media because Arkansas has the home winning % of the elites of Basketball in any given year, while the road records of bad teams the past few years. If Arkansas can keep the same % at home and achieve a around 40% on the road they will be a top 8 seed in the tourney, the number could slip to near the 30% range if Arkansas was able to get a decent in season tourney because neutral site records will always carry more weight than home or away as long as the post season tourneys are played at neutral sites.

For example, in one of Mizzou's tourney appearances under Haith, they were a decent seed with only 2 road wins for the entire year, TWO while playing in the SEC!, but they had a very impressive neutral court record that season.

ell oh ell

GuvHog

I seriously doubt that since he's in his first year. Your sarcasm is noted though.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

nextlevel

Clemson is no Coastal Carolina.

ell oh ell

porkinsons disease

Quote from: GuvHog on December 14, 2014, 05:47:52 pm
I seriously doubt that since he's in his first year. Your sarcasm is noted though.
+1....The fcj minions are in rare form today.

lefty08

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 14, 2014, 06:15:37 pm
+1....The fcj minions are in rare form today.

I didn't realize fcj was MA. Didn't realize you can't agree without being labeled. Didn't realize satire doesn't work on jump ball. Didn't realize I was so offensive

hogfan10

Quote from: nextlevel on December 14, 2014, 05:13:19 pm
The prior 3 years have no bearing on this year or this year's team.

No one is pretending, well almost no one, that the prior year's performance have been at a satisfactory level.

Instead of dwelling on the prior 3 years and hyperboling it into how it is and always will be, examine the situation inherited, meaning it isn't like Arkansas all the sudden started struggling on the road when Mike was hired, then examine and compare. Progress was made last year in the area, it is far to early to proclaim progress or regression for this year in the manner.

This isn't football, an early season OOC loss means little in the grand scheme of things, the season isn't even past the 1/4 played mark at this time.

Several P5 teams have received decent seeding with less than 4 road wins on the year. Few teams have finished SEC play with a winning road record the past four years, not much more have hit the .500 mark. The fallacy is that Arkansas is the only team that struggles to win road games, the reality is it is only talked about because those other teams also suck it up at home often as well.

You want to find the elite teams in any given year? They will be close to winning 90% or more of their home games, over 50% of their road games in any given year.

Good teams will be in the 80-90% at home, 35-50% on the road.

This is only drummed by the media because Arkansas has the home winning % of the elites of Basketball in any given year, while the road records of bad teams the past few years. If Arkansas can keep the same % at home and achieve a around 40% on the road they will be a top 8 seed in the tourney, the number could slip to near the 30% range if Arkansas was able to get a decent in season tourney because neutral site records will always carry more weight than home or away as long as the post season tourneys are played at neutral sites.

For example, in one of Mizzou's tourney appearances under Haith, they were a decent seed with only 2 road wins for the entire year, TWO while playing in the SEC!, but they had a very impressive neutral court record that season.

Missouri probably didn't loose any out of conference road games to teams that they should have easily beaten (Clemson).
Unfortunately the recipe for a tournament invite includes wins on the road, unless you are one of the established programs (programs always in the tournament and not in the SEC).
The problem for us is that we can't let out of conference gimmies get away from us, because once conference play starts it's nearly impossible to win on the road unless your team wears blue (Kentucky/Florida). Everybody else, including Arkansas no mostly Arkansas, has to play lights out to get a conference win on the road. That's just the way it's setup. The way we play is different from most, therefore the calls won't go our way on the road in the SEC.

PonderinHog

Quote from: lefty08 on December 14, 2014, 06:48:51 pm
I didn't realize fcj was MA. Didn't realize you can't agree without being labeled. Didn't realize satire doesn't work on jump ball. Didn't realize I was so offensive
You're a total disgrace to all purveyors of sarcasm.   >:(

Hollywood_HOGan45

The Tennessee win really helps us.

nextlevel

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 14, 2014, 06:50:25 pm
Missouri probably didn't loose any out of conference road games to teams that they should have easily beaten (Clemson).
Unfortunately the recipe for a tournament invite includes wins on the road, unless you are one of the established programs (programs always in the tournament and not in the SEC).
The problem for us is that we can't let out of conference gimmies get away from us, because once conference play starts it's nearly impossible to win on the road unless your team wears blue (Kentucky/Florida). Everybody else, including Arkansas no mostly Arkansas, has to play lights out to get a conference win on the road. That's just the way it's setup. The way we play is different from most, therefore the calls won't go our way on the road in the SEC.

Mizzou lost their only non-con road game, against UCLA, a game they were favored in.

The then went 2-7 in the SEC, they beat aggy in their first round of the SEC T before being bounced by Ole Miss.

Their best win of the year was over #5 Florida at home, and #10 Illinois in St. Louis which is somehow considered a neutral site for Mizzou (LR games are considered home games for Arkansas) they lost all other games against ranked opponents, their next best win was over a mediocre Stanford team at a neutral site before being destroyed by Louisville, they then beat a good VCU squad at a neutral site. They also played no one of note at home that year during the non-con schedule.

Again the road record was overlooked because of their neutral sites performance.

ell oh ell

porkinsons disease

Quote from: lefty08 on December 14, 2014, 06:48:51 pm
The hater label is given if ANYTHING MA does is questioned. It surely goes both ways, doesn't it?