Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

These refs werte outstanding today for once

Started by forrest city joe, December 13, 2014, 04:58:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

I loved the way the game was called today. these refs let the teams play for the most part. saw very few missed calls. it's the kind of refs we need in sec games instead of 50FT's for the other team almost every night. so for people who say i never give the refs credit. i am doing it now.

Danny J

I will tell you what else was astounding especially in the first half. The defense. If we can play with that intensity without fouling(reaching and grabbing, slow rotation and being out of position in general) we will win a lot of road games as well. Need that intensity. I think the lineup change that CMA made was just what the team needed. He did a good job today with rotations as well. I didn't see Madden or Harris sulking from not being in the starting lineup. Good job all around.

SPAL

I thought they let arkansas get away with a lot of hacks and let us play with our hands.

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 13, 2014, 05:35:06 pm
I thought they let arkansas get away with a lot of hacks and let us play with our hands.

We play well when that happens.

Dropkick

We got the same home cookin' we play against on the road

Wild Bill Hog

I heard one of the refs had a Bama t-shirt on under his uniform.

forrest city joe

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 13, 2014, 05:35:06 pm
Why am i not shocked? HAHAHAHA.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2014, 05:37:12 pm
We play well when that happens.
And it pisses you Mike Anderson haters off when we win. WON WON TODAY AND YOU HATERS ARE PISSED.

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 13, 2014, 05:49:31 pm
And it pisses you Mike Anderson haters off when we win. WON WON TODAY AND YOU HATERS ARE PISSED.

Why would I be pissed? I don't care who the coach is for any team we have, I care about wins, and also losses. You seem to be the agenda driven one, lol.

Also, find a post were I've said anything about MA.

Porkem

I agree, Joe. The refs were outstanding today. Bobby Knight said the same thing. Liked the way Mike shook things up a bit today, with Williams and Durham getting the start, over Harris and Madden. Think everyone responded well.

The SEC is really down this year. I think we've got a real shot at finishing second behind Kentucky. You know they lost Poythress for the year? That's a big loss for them. I think we've got to win out in the non-conference, and get into conference play at 11-2. A 12-6 record, maybe 11-7 and win in the SEC tourney, might be good enough. What do you think, Joe? Is 23 the magic number of wins?
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

forrest city joe

Quote from: Porkem on December 13, 2014, 06:15:58 pm
I agree, Joe. The refs were outstanding today. Bobby Knight said the same thing. Liked the way Mike shook things up a bit today, with Williams and Durham getting the start, over Harris and Madden. Think everyone responded well.

The SEC is really down this year. I think we've got a real shot at finishing second behind Kentucky. You know they lost Poythress for the year? That's a big loss for them. I think we've got to win out in the non-conference, and get into conference play at 11-2. A 12-6 record, maybe 11-7 and win in the SEC tourney, might be good enough. What do you think, Joe? Is 23 the magic number of wins?
No Magis number. just keep the wins coming. and don't have many bad losses. do that and we are going to the Dance. and Bobby Knight was right about the refs. the only people who thought the refs helped Arkansas, were the Mike Anderson haters.

Dropkick

SPAL

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 13, 2014, 05:47:33 pm
Why am i not shocked? HAHAHAHA.

Why? Because , unlike you, I have the ability to be objective EVEN in a win. The funny thing is, when we are allowed to reach a little and use our hands and we win... The refs are to be praised. But if we lose because the other team was allowed those same luxuries, you blame them. You are not objective, you are a homer. And that's OK.

And save the mike hater for someone else.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 13, 2014, 05:49:31 pm

FCJ, I dont know who the MA Haters are... Will you please list them?

Kevin

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 14, 2014, 09:39:35 am

he would put me on that list.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dominicanhog

forrest city joe

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 14, 2014, 09:39:35 am
They know who they are. and so do you. in fact, you are one of them. you guys had a bad day yesterday.Go HOGS. GO MIKE ANDERSON.

forrest city joe

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 13, 2014, 07:07:18 pm
Why? Because , unlike you, I have the ability to be objective EVEN in a win. The funny thing is, when we are allowed to reach a little and use our hands and we win... The refs are to be praised. But if we lose because the other team was allowed those same luxuries, you blame them. You are not objective, you are a homer. And that's OK.

And save the mike hater for someone else.
You are not objective. what you are is a Anderson hater. and you hope to fails to prove you right. but he will not fail. you haters had a bad day yesterday.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

December 14, 2014, 01:06:37 pm #18 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:31:59 pm by OTR
I am drawn to fcj and his mike hater stuff and make no apologies about it.  I am fascinated at how this will happen with the same folks after nearly every game this season.

As usual I won't be saying much but I will be reading.

hogfan10

Quote from: Dropkick on December 13, 2014, 05:45:09 pm
We got the same home cookin' we play against on the road

Agree, and that's a problem. After many years of being in the SEC, for some reason we are unable to realize that we can't play the same way on the road as we do at home. Unless, the home team also wants to play that way (Kentucky/Florida/Missouri/Tennessee).

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 14, 2014, 11:05:36 am
They know who they are. and so do you. in fact, you are one of them. you guys had a bad day yesterday.Go HOGS. GO MIKE ANDERSON.

Wrong Answer FCJ, I was at the game yesterday when they played Dayton. How can I be at the game pulling for the Hogs and be a hater? I support the Hogs so how does that make me a hater!?!?!?!

porkinsons disease

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 14, 2014, 03:46:14 pm
Wrong Answer FCJ, I was at the game yesterday when they played Dayton. How can I be at the game pulling for the Hogs and be a hater? I support the Hogs so how does that make me a hater!?!?!?!
crickets........it doesnt support their agenda
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 14, 2014, 03:54:35 pm
crickets........it doesnt support their agenda

I mean I was there. Here is a pic from the game....

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 14, 2014, 01:11:30 pm
Okay then, let's start here.

Joe: Rant 1) is now the labeling of dissent as MA haters...

let the list grow!

I don't know who these haters that want the team to lose are. However, FCJ will call out anyone to his loving devation to CMA. I think he puts the coach before the team.

Kevin

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 14, 2014, 11:00:24 am
so, should he?

If that means, I would like to win some road games & get into the NCAA tournament, then I guess I would be on the list
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

porkinsons disease

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 15, 2014, 11:20:07 am
I don't know who these haters that want the team to lose are. However, FCJ will call out anyone to his loving devation to CMA. I think he puts the coach before the team.
Absolutely he does. I like MA, but he is not bulletproof. Frankly, I dont care who the coach is as long as we are winning and making the tournament. If Mike can get us there, then "great job Mike". If not, "see you later Mike". We owe him nothing for Nolan's great teams in the 90's.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

forrest city joe

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 15, 2014, 12:16:33 pm
Absolutely he does. I like MA, but he is not bulletproof. Frankly, I dont care who the coach is as long as we are winning and making the tournament. If Mike can get us there, then "great job Mike". If not, "see you later Mike". We owe him nothing for Nolan's great teams in the 90's.
Mike Anderson will be the coach here a long time. so you may as well shut the hell up and get behind him and the team. your whining and crying will not get him fired.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 15, 2014, 01:43:37 pm
Mike Anderson will be the coach here a long time. so you may as well shut the hell up and get behind him and the team. your whining and crying will not get him fired.
Not whining at all.I am behind the team 100%. If he doesn't win , he will NOT be here. Your ranting and crying the same old tired lines, will not help him if he does not get the job done. How about you shut the hell up?

forrest city joe

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 15, 2014, 01:46:25 pm
Not whining at all.I am behind the team 100%. If he doesn't win , he will NOT be here. Your ranting and crying the same old tired lines, will not help him if he does not get the job done. How about you shut the hell up?
Mike will be here 5 full years no matter what. and when he takes the team to the dance this year he will be extended. you haters have lost on this one. so you may as well move on. MIKE ANDERSON IS THE MAN FOR THIS JOB.

porkinsons disease

Mike will be here 5 full years no matter what

You finally said 1 thing that I agree with. He deserves 5 years. If he doesn't get us to the tournament, are you leaving with him?

forrest city joe

Quote from: porkinsons disease on December 15, 2014, 01:59:44 pm
Mike will be here 5 full years no matter what

You finally said 1 thing that I agree with. He deserves 5 years. If he doesn't get us to the tournament, are you leaving with him?
HAHAHAHA. im not leaving no matter what. get use to me.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 15, 2014, 01:43:37 pm

FCJ, no one in here is calling for CMA to be fired. These rock kicker haters do not exist on hogville.

Sportster365

a lot of Arkansas' success depends on their ability to limit fouls and TOs.

In games when their opponents shoots over 20 free throws our chances of winning is cut drastically. This slows the game down tremendously while allowing there opponents to put points on the board while the game pauses.

Our dependency on creating the turnover is not a important to our offense as it was last year. Now we have the ability to go into a half-court set. Something we've struggled mightily with last season. Limiting our mistakes with the ball only bodes better for a high scoring team such as MAs Hogs.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Sportster365 on December 15, 2014, 03:53:30 pm
a lot of Arkansas' success depends on their ability to limit fouls and TOs.

In games when their opponents shoots over 20 free throws our chances of winning is cut drastically. This slows the game down tremendously while allowing there opponents to put points on the board while the game pauses.

Our dependency on creating the turnover is not a important to our offense as it was last year. Now we have the ability to go into a half-court set. Something we've struggled mightily with last season. Limiting our mistakes with the ball only bodes better for a high scoring team such as MAs Hogs.

CMA will have support for the entire year by the fan base and FCJ will call us all haters.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 15, 2014, 03:23:40 pm
FCJ, no one in here is calling for CMA to be fired. These rock kicker haters do not exist on hogville.

Denial.  First sight  of a true hater is denial.  You are one of the worst in my opinion and in Joe's opinion.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: OTR on December 18, 2014, 09:40:25 pm
Denial.  First sight  of a true hater is denial.  You are one of the worst in my opinion and in Joe's opinion.

OTR I have gone to 3 games this year and a 4th game on Monday. I dont get how I pay alumni dues yearly and go to many games would classify me as a hater. If I did hate the team or coach or whatever FCJ says that's not the case. If I didn't like what was going on I wouldn't go to the games. I didn't during the Jon Pelphrey years because the product was not the standard of this university in basketball. I think we are om the right track, yet inconstistant.  I support my school and go to games because I want them to win.

hogsanity

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 19, 2014, 09:51:13 am
OTR I have gone to 3 games this year and a 4th game on Monday. I dont get how I pay alumni dues yearly and go to many games would classify me as a hater. If I did hate the team or coach or whatever FCJ says that's not the case. If I didn't like what was going on I wouldn't go to the games. I didn't during the Jon Pelphrey years because the product was not the standard of this university in basketball. I think we are om the right track, yet inconstistant.  I support my school and go to games because I want them to win.

FCJ/OTR are just trolling for clicks.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TheRazorbackGuy