Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iowa State update

Started by Biggus Piggus, December 10, 2014, 08:12:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Iowa State defeated UMKC 73-56 last night. The Cyclones never led by more than 21 points, though they ran out to a 26-9 lead in the first half before coasting.

Four Clones still played about 30 minutes - it's not like they emptied the bench. UMKC held ISU to 29% 3-point shooting for the game but still gave up 59% inside. UMKC dropped to 3-7 for the season including two wins over lower-division opponents (and one over Missouri, ROFL).

UMKC had just lost at South Dakota State by 20. Their only strengths had been forcing turnovers and rebounding on the offensive end. Did not do either well against Iowa State, but they still greatly outperformed what Arkansas did on defense against the same team.

Those ISU and Clemson performances were botched, not representative of what the Razorbacks should be doing.
[CENSORED]!

Hollywood_HOGan45

I agree.

Mike has GOT to make proper adjustments.
Im not ready to bury Mike just yet only because I am such a big fan of his but you've got to move Ky out of the point guard position. Beard and/or Durham could be doing just as well and learning for the future.
The last 49 seconds were some of the most mismanaged I've ever seen as a fan of basketball.

Biggus Piggus

Iowa State fans came on here thinking they were geniuses for believing their team would withstand Arkansas's pressure. Arkansas did not play its game - or any recognizable game - until the game was out of hand. I'm afraid ISU is not going to go on and justify that mess the Hogs played against them by doing similar things to anybody else.
[CENSORED]!

pondwater jack

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 10, 2014, 08:12:38 am
Iowa State defeated UMKC 73-56 last night. The Cyclones never led by more than 21 points, though they ran out to a 26-9 lead in the first half before coasting.

Four Clones still played about 30 minutes - it's not like they emptied the bench. UMKC held ISU to 29% 3-point shooting for the game but still gave up 59% inside. UMKC dropped to 3-7 for the season including two wins over lower-division opponents (and one over Missouri, ROFL).

UMKC had just lost at South Dakota State by 20. Their only strengths had been forcing turnovers and rebounding on the offensive end. Did not do either well against Iowa State, but they still greatly outperformed what Arkansas did on defense against the same team.

Those ISU and Clemson performances were botched, not representative of what the Razorbacks should be doing.
Go Jacks!
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pondwater jack on December 10, 2014, 02:35:48 pm
Go Jacks!

Only school with Jackrabbit as a mascot that I know of ....... except of course dear old Lonoke High.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The_Iceman

If only this had happened a week earlier.

Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde 4m4 minutes ago

RT @USATODAYsports Iowa State guard Bryce Dejean-Jones is in jail after being charged with hosting a drug house. http://usat.ly/1yDItMg

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 10, 2014, 02:40:16 pm
Only school with Jackrabbit as a mascot that I know of ....... except of course dear old Lonoke High.

When I lived in Forney, Texas the Jackrabbits were the only game in town. Then the population exploded mid-2000 and they had to have two high schools. I hate Texas but I still love Forney...... and Austin...... and Rockwall......... and Paris......... and Round Rock and ....... hey wait! do I hate Texas or is it just the Longhorns?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

poloprince

And the guy that looked unstoppable should probably be kicked off the team.
$PoLoPrInCe$

The_Iceman

Quote from: poloprince on December 11, 2014, 10:38:25 am
And the guy and that looked unstoppable should probably be kicked off the team.

If he is gone, and they end up struggling, that loss will end up being worse.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on December 11, 2014, 10:23:11 am

When I lived in Forney, Texas the Jackrabbits were the only game in town. Then the population exploded mid-2000 and they had to have two high schools. I hate Texas but I still love Forney...... and Austin...... and Rockwall......... and Paris......... and Round Rock and ....... hey wait! do I hate Texas or is it just the Longhorns?
Just don't forget the mighty Hutto Hippos!   >:(

jbcarol

Iowa State star Bryce-Dejean Jones arrested, marijuana involved

Dejean-Jones was arrested overnight. As of Thursday morning, he was still being held in Story County jail on $1,600 bond for three charges, according to the jail's website:

Quote"Hosting a drug house" (marijuana), "nuisance party regulations" and a "noise violation". The arrest occurred at 3 a.m., according to the Ames Tribune, and while the charge "hosting a drug house" sounds bad, it essentially means that Dejean-Jones allowed people to smoke weed where he lived...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Biggus Piggus

Dejean-Jones got off the hook. It was really ridiculous. He keeps having loud parties at his house. Neighbors keep complaining. Cops came and found some marijuana, then came up with a trumped-up charge against the tenant. Our pot laws are the source of so much wasted time and money. So much injustice. We have people in prison for smoking dope, for crying out loud. Insane. Reagan and Bush thought it was a good idea to throw people in jail for using drugs. Explosion of prison population and budget. Creation of hardened ex-cons where there were normal people who just partied like everyone around them. Insane, all for political show. Out of touch.
[CENSORED]!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on December 11, 2014, 10:23:11 am

it's ok man.  all is good.  idealistic consistency is much overrated and leads to internal stress.
The rest of the frog.

jry04

ISU up 19 @ Iowa in the 2nd half without their 2nd best player. Man, it is too bad ISU is not very good...

Breems

Star player out and they win @Iowa by 15. Iowa is just outside the Top 25.

Basketball is unpredictable. Looks like ISU won't hurt our numbers, though.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

cy4prez7

That Arkansas game was not a fluke. Our team has the ball handlers all over the court to handle pressure. Iowa isn't a great team, but winning it on the road without two starters is big.

Here's the story with BDJ. Guy is an idiot and could have solved the problems with simply turning down his music. Having said that, they were called to the apt and smelled weed. The got a warrant and found trace amounts of weed on a dresser. There was no way to press that charge on him legitimately. He didn't need to be suspended but I'm glad Hoiberg did it. But at the end of the day, what he did is idiotic, but not being kicked off the team idiotic.

jry04

Quote from: cy4prez7 on December 12, 2014, 09:52:45 pm
That Arkansas game was not a fluke. Our team has the ball handlers all over the court to handle pressure. Iowa isn't a great team, but winning it on the road without two starters is big.

Here's the story with BDJ. Guy is an idiot and could have solved the problems with simply turning down his music. Having said that, they were called to the apt and smelled weed. The got a warrant and found trace amounts of weed on a dresser. There was no way to press that charge on him legitimately. He didn't need to be suspended but I'm glad Hoiberg did it. But at the end of the day, what he did is idiotic, but not being kicked off the team idiotic.
You guys look like s top 10 team to me. Some fans on here just want the Hogs to be more concerned about our season. That is why a few posters keep putting down SMU, and ISU despite them both being quality opponents.

By tonight, people will be telling us how bad dayton is, too.

ifghog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 11, 2014, 11:55:06 am
Dejean-Jones got off the hook. It was really ridiculous. He keeps having loud parties at his house. Neighbors keep complaining. Cops came and found some marijuana, then came up with a trumped-up charge against the tenant. Our pot laws are the source of so much wasted time and money. So much injustice. We have people in prison for smoking dope, for crying out loud. Insane. Reagan and Bush thought it was a good idea to throw people in jail for using drugs. Explosion of prison population and budget. Creation of hardened ex-cons where there were normal people who just partied like everyone around them. Insane, all for political show. Out of touch.
Yeah its a great idea to let people just use drugs whenever.....come on man.

cy4prez7

Quote from: jry04 on December 13, 2014, 07:32:56 am
You guys look like s top 10 team to me. Some fans on here just want the Hogs to be more concerned about our season. That is why a few posters keep putting down SMU, and ISU despite them both being quality opponents.

By tonight, people will be telling us how bad dayton is, too.

It happens. I'll be pulling for you guys all year. Based on RPI you're still our best win of the season to this point. Maybe not the biggest to fans anymore, but definitely overall.

WarPig88

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 11, 2014, 11:55:06 am

Seriously, no one has ever been sent to prison for smoking pot. They get themselves into the system then do stupid things like not pay fines or flee court dates, and other incredibly stupid stuff to go along with their original arrest that they end up in prison.

This is just like claiming that pot is a miracle drug that cures MS. I am fine with those who want to legalize, but please quit storying about its' benefits and acting like prison population growth is a result of arrests for pot.