Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re: SEC Portal POP! Calipari lands 7th commit as Head Hog: UK transfer Adou Thiero

Started by Kevin McPherson, Today at 01:12:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on April 26, 2024, 01:14:06 pm

By Kevin McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- The seventh Arkansas commitment is the second from Kentucky's transfer portal to get on board for the John Calipari era in Fayetteville as versatile Wildcats sophomore transfer Adou Thiero pledged to the Razorbacks on Monday.

Thiero (6-8 wing, Leetsdale, Pa.) visited Arkansas last week, and he had the Hoop Hogs among a handful of finalists shortly after entering the portal, a list that included North Carolina, Indiana, Pitt, and a possible return to Kentucky.

As a sophomore in 2023-24, Thiero started in 19 of the 25 games he played in and averaged 7.2 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 1.1 assists in only 21.3 minutes per outing while shooting 49.2% from the field, including 7-of-22 from 3 for 31.8%, and 80.0% from the free throw line.

He averaged 2.5 points, 4.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists, and 1.0 steal against Arkansas in '23-24 as Kentucky swept the two-game hone-and-away series. He had five games of scoring in double figures as a sophomore with three of the those coming against SEC foes and the other two against No. 1 Kansas and Gonzaga.

Against the Jayhawks in an 89-84 loss in November, Thiero registered a double-double -- a career-high 16 points and a career-high 13 rebounds.

Thiero has two seasons of remaining playing eligibility. ESPN's chief NBA Draft analyst Jonathan Givony recently projected Thiero as a late-first round selection in his first 2025 NBA mock draft.

He becomes Calipari's seventh commitment since coming to Arkansas, which also makes him the seventh scholarship player on the Razorbacks roster that can have as many as 13 scholarship players for the upcoming '24-25 season. He joins FAU transfer and AAC Co-Player of the Year Johnell Davis (6-4 guard), Tennessee's All SEC transfer Jonas Aidoo (6-11 forward / center), Kentucky freshman transfer Zvonimir Ivisic (7-2 forward / center), and 2024 5-star backcourt studs Karter Knox (6-6), Boogie Fland (6-2), and Billy Richmond (6-6), all of whom pledged to Arkansas earlier in April.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

razorback85

Quote from: Kevin on Today at 02:23:21 pmAre we going to get any shooters

We get a kid projected as a first round pick in 2025 and your question is ,"are we going to get any shooters?" lol

Pudgepork

kibster

Quote from: razorback85 on Today at 02:29:31 pmWe get a kid projected as a first round pick in 2025 and your question is ,"are we going to get any shooters?" lol
who is that?
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

The real Hogules

I personally LOVE the pick up.
He's familiar with the offense CJC runs. He has good length, and his best ball is in front of him.
What's not to like?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

XX

Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

babo1

MtnHog2005

Kris P. Bacon

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
– Winston Churchill

Kris P. Bacon

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
– Winston Churchill

SWD26

WooHoo! I feel we're getting a good one here, one who's fixing to break out and have a banner year.

Oliver

Quote from: Kevin on Today at 02:23:21 pmAre we going to get any shooters

We wont need any.  We'll just get infinite offensive rebounds until somebody makes a shot. 

Also WPS!

daprospecta

Quote from: SWD26 on Today at 03:51:04 pmWooHoo! I feel we're getting a good one here, one who's fixing to break out and have a banner year.
If nothing else, junior year is huge for physical development.

MtnHog2005

Quote from: Kris P. Bacon on Today at 03:41:44 pmBig Z can drop a bucket
Thiero can shoot, but not a volume shooter. Was a guard in high school.

Hog Junkie

Quote from: razorback85 on Today at 02:29:31 pmWe get a kid projected as a first round pick in 2025 and your question is ,"are we going to get any shooters?" lol

We're already starting to sound like entitled UK fans.

secfan30

What's the old phrase, "you can't fix stupid? I am not saying it applies to "are we going to get any shooters", it just ran across my mind when I read it.

Kris P. Bacon

Quote from: daprospecta on Today at 03:59:01 pmIf nothing else, junior year is huge for physical development.

It's amazing what happens when your body doesn't have to use all those calories and nutrients just to keep up with natural growth
– Winston Churchill