Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Serious question right here...

Started by Hollywood870, March 21, 2017, 04:11:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood870

March 21, 2017, 04:11:05 pm Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:15:09 pm by Hollywood870
If Greg Marshall takes the Indiana job, like I hear he might. Would Austin Reeves be able to immediately transfer back home and be eligible. The kid has skills, I don't care about everyone hating on him since we "couldn't take him. And if we don't have room, since everyone talks about Hazen transferring, how about Cook transferring? He is the worst player on the team. Hazen would probably murder Cook one on one. This will probably make the mods mad but it's real talk. Austin Reeves, there's your point guard.

onebadrubi

Real talk huh?  Is that fact?   

You don't know anything about hazen or for that matter cook.

Porked Tongue

No matter your theory, he couldn't play for the Hogs next year.

Hollywood870

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 21, 2017, 04:13:10 pm
Real talk huh?  Is that fact?   

You don't know anything about hazen or for that matter cook.
Yeah, I watched Cook all year. I saw Mike pull him for Bailey on Sunday and never bring him back in. Averaged 2.0 points, 1.4 rebounds in Feb and March? I know that too. Don't even test me dude. I'll make an ass of you on here.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 21, 2017, 04:22:01 pm
No matter your theory, he couldn't play for the Hogs next year.
So he would have to sit out after a coaching change. Ok. I wasn't sure about that.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 21, 2017, 04:32:42 pm
So he would have to sit out after a coaching change. Ok. I wasn't sure about that.
That reason doesn't circumvent the rule.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 21, 2017, 04:37:41 pm
That reason doesn't circumvent the rule.
I didn't know. I guess that applies only to incoming Frosh.

RaisinHog

Hollywood870

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 21, 2017, 05:03:29 pm
And he is not a PG.
Yeah he is. His handles are one of the best parts of his game. He was inserted as a 2 for a top fifteen program. Believe it or not, sometimes teams play 2 points or 2 combos at the same time. Back up off me with your ignorance. It disgusts me.

Hollywood870

sickboy

Hollywood, as much as your entitled to your opinions on Cook and Hazen... and Austin Reeves for that matter... I beg to differ greatly. That may not be worth much, but it's my opinion.

At any rate, it's a good thing that Austin Reeves isn't at Arkansas. Not because he's not a good player. He's fine player. But at this point -- we're capable of getting better players.

You should feel good about that as a indication of where the program is at right now.

Hollywood870

Quote from: sickboy on March 21, 2017, 05:14:15 pm
Hollywood, as much as your entitled to your opinions on Cook and Hazen... and Austin Reeves for that matter... I beg to differ greatly. That may not be worth much, but it's my opinion.

At any rate, it's a good thing that Austin Reeves isn't at Arkansas. Not because he's not a good player. He's fine player. But at this point -- we're capable of getting better players.

You should feel good about that as a indication of where the program is at right now.
Well we signed Thomas and Cook who were weak links on the court all year. But if you say we can sign better from here on out, I have to agree with that. We have to have a threat at every position at least nine deep. Could've been deeper if we would've broke Jones, Hazen, and Bailey in throughout the year. As far as the future, I agree we can sign better. Thought the dude may have had a free pass to come on if Marshall left. I was wrong. I think Thomas improves this off-season BTW.

HogAllMighty

Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 21, 2017, 04:11:05 pm
If Greg Marshall takes the Indiana job, like I hear he might. Would Austin Reeves be able to immediately transfer back home and be eligible. The kid has skills, I don't care about everyone hating on him since we "couldn't take him. And if we don't have room, since everyone talks about Hazen transferring, how about Cook transferring? He is the worst player on the team. Hazen would probably murder Cook one on one. This will probably make the mods mad but it's real talk. Austin Reeves, there's your point guard.

You may be right about Cook but you don't go into Connors State and sign the #6 Juco player and then run him off.  If you do that you will ruin any relationship that you have with that coaching staff and future players.  Connors is one of the top Juco program in the nation. They finished 21-6 this season.

Tick Hog

Agree on Thomas. From what I've seen his biggest problem is playing not to make a mistake at times instead of just relaxing and playing basketball. Easier said than done when I'm not the one playing in front of lots of people but I do think he will gain more confidence and be a plus.

Hollywood870

Quote from: HogAllMighty on March 21, 2017, 05:33:56 pm
You may be right about Cook but you don't go into Connors State and sign the #6 Juco player and then run him off.  If you do that you will ruin any relationship that you have with that coaching staff and future players.  Connors is one of the top Juco program in the nation. They finished 21-6 this season.
Welp, we made a huge mistake sir. Because this dude was supposed to be a JC All American PF, and I don't know what position he is supposed to play.  Did he get 5 reb all year? He ain't hittin on S***. Should have replaced him with Bailey midway through the season. Maybe he gains 15 pounds and turns into a 210 pound Dennis Rodman next year. When that happens I will apologize, but until then, you need to back up off me.